Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 22 - No Holds Barred: Vince McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels

This is another one of my GUILTY PLEASURE matches, Shawn damn sure tried to steal the show again, and he might of done it if Foley/EDGE wasn't so AWESOME. This was the ass kicking that everyone had ever hoped to see Vince take and the face that i had no problem with this going 20 minutes shows how great it is. I loved that we got some Shane O'Mac/Spirit Squad squashing, HBK acting dickish and JR OWNING on commentary. That's the triple threat right dare. **** FUCK WITH ME/I HATE MYSELF FOR RATING IT THAT HIGH.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 22 - World Title: Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio

The original plan was Taker/Dave here but Dave got injured in January and Angle won the title, Rey Won the Rumble and Orton said some terrible stuff to get here. This is the first time I've seen this match since 2007 and I'm still pissed it only got 9 minutes. All three men just went balls to the walls and delivered total non-stop action (for lack of a better term). Angle looked like a total bad ass as he dominated the match, and forced both men to tap. This had the potential to be have a match of the year contender if they got 15-20 minutes. Instead, it felt like a throwaway match or a TV match. ***1/4 - ***1/2 POLITICS

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ZERO-1 World (10/16/12) - BRAVE (Takashi Sugiura & Takeshi Morishima) vs. Kohei Sato & Masato Tanaka

Damn, this match was good. They paced it real slow to start off for the first 10 minutes or so, then all hell broke loose and we got chairs and shit involved. Was just crazy to watch, and the crowd popped huge for all of it. After that spurt, they got back to the slow pace they started out with, but still keeping up the action real nicely. Excellent leg work by Tanaka's team followed by an awesome hot tag to Morishima by Sugiura was pretty cool as well, just really enjoyed this match. Also, I love the fact that since there's no barricade between the fans and the ringside area, when a fan gets up to move out of the way, they just take their chair and use it :lmao. After 30 minutes, the match finally ends in a draw, fuck I wish it would have kept going. Those guys killed it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ZERO-1 World (10/16/12) - Scramble Bunkhouse Falls Count Anywhere: Atsushi Onita, Mineo Fujita & Takuya Sugawara vs. KAMIKAZE, Shinjiro Otani & Yoshikazu Yokoyama

Even though I can't speak Japanese, I can tell they're building this match up to be super brutal, so if it's not, I'll be pretty disappointed. The match starts with each team having to sprint to the ring to try and get a barbed wire bat in the center of it, and this turns into an all-out BRAWL in like 2 seconds with no one even in the ring, they're everywhere. After the first few minutes, they get back in the ring and start tagging in and out which confuses the fuck out of me since it's falls count anywhere, why should you have to tag and why should anyone have to be on the apron? This didn't really last too long, and it all broke down again soon into a brawl, with one guy busted open pretty bad. Overall, this was alright to watch, pretty crazy, but it had it's boring spots.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 22 - WWE Title: John Cena vs. Triple H

HHH's entrance is pretty awesome here. Cena's is legitimately one of the coolest entrances to ever be done. It has a video about the old gangsters from the Depression and the stage RISES and out drives an old car (with CM Punk in tow) with gangsters toting Tommy Guns. Cena then comes out with an overcoat and shoots a Tommy Gun of his own. It's probably because I'm an old gangster fan, but that was so awesome. This was better then i remembered it being, they told a good story throughout with HHH being one step ahead the whole time but also getting really pissed because he took Cena lightly and now Cena won't stay down. I still like the NOC 2008 match and a Raw match they had on 2008 more but this was still really good. Oh and the crowd gave it that EPIC feel. ***1/2 - ***3/4

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
AJ Styles vs CM Punk - ROH Pure Title - ROH At Our Best

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Kevin Steen vs Eddie Kingston - Chikara Grand Championship - Chikara Hot Off The Griddle

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Survivor Series '92 - The Headshrinkers vs High Energy

Nice choice to open the show for sure. Was a hot tag team match that the crowd seemed to care about, nothing really to rave about, but it did what it was supposed to do. Just your classic heel vs face tag team match with a nice hot tag towards the end to Owen which got the loudest pop of the match. Also :lmao at Owen & Koko's attire. Splash at the end by Fatu looked sick too.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Mike Bennett vs Davey Richards - ROH TV 13th October 2012

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Survivor Series '92 - Nightstick on a Pole Match: Big Boss Man vs Nailz

Well, this was just bad. The only part about this I liked was Boss Man's theme song after he won. YOU'LL BE SERVIN' HARD TIMES!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Survivor Series '92 - Rick Martel vs Tatanka

Martel rockin' them pink trunks. I expected this to be a quick Tatanka squash, but this lasted like 10 minutes. Was a pretty decent match, though most of it was rest holds. Tatanka was also over a good bit. About halfway through the match, we get HEEL Doink :mark: I swear one of the biggest mistakes WWE ever made was turning him face. Don't really see the point of Doink out here, he just made balloon animals and taunted some fans, was pretty funny though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Survivor Series '92 - Mr. Perfect & Randy Savage vs Razor Ramon & Ric Flair

This was supposed to be Savage & Warrior, but well, Warrior was Warrior so it didn't happen. Can't say I'm too disappointed either, as this is Perfect's first match in over a year I believe. Anyway, this was a real good match, loved Perfect's work especially, but that may just be because i'm a Perfect mark. I thought the match told a good story with Perfect being frustrated with Savage and contemplating leaving, going to back to some of his heel stuff, but ultimately deciding to come back, and getting the hot tag. Ending was shit though, the absolute worst way this match could have ended.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Survivor Series '92 -Virgil vs Yokozuna

Before the match started, McMahon said Yokozuna really hasn't been tested, but Virgil would be a good test :lmao This is Yoko's first PPV match, his second would come in two months where he wins the Royal Rumble. And people complain about fast pushes nowadays.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF Survivor Series '92 - The Beverly Brothers & Money Inc. vs The Nasty Boys & The Natural Disasters

These are four teams who should always have been heel, Nasties & Disasters just don't do anything as faces for me, though they are obviously over with this crowd. This match was pretty enjoyable, seemed very thrown together though. They probably only put it on the card so we'd have a Survivor Series Elimination match since this is the only one. Funny, just one year prior every match but one was an elimination one.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler