Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[MENTION=1891]Chris[/MENTION] "Why did you RAPE me?"

ROH Glory by Honor XI - ROH TV Title: Adam Cole vs. Eddie Edwards

This was the match I was looking forward to the most. They didn't wrestle that balls-to-the-balls like i was expecting, but they did have a great technical clinic with psychology. I enjoyed as the match went longer they would up the tempo and start being really physical but it kinda turned into that Indy style match with big spots but at least with this one the moves meant something and added to the match. The DDP on the ring apron was fucking nasty. Eddie looked to be in legit pain after that. Not much more to say, just really good stuff here. ***1/2 MOTN for me but that's because i'm a sucker/real mark for technical and great holds.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory by Honor XI - ROH World Tag Team Titles: S.C.U.M. vs. The Briscoe Brothers

S.C.U.M.’s theme music is pretty awesome. Fun match that had a backstory behind it and that made it interesting. All 4 guys worked really hard here but while i was watching it I said to myself I've seen this formula tag match so many times before. However it was enjoyable and they did enough to make me want to see a rematch hopefully it's more violent like i know these 4 can get. ***

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF SummerSlam '92 - WWF Championship: Randy Savage (c) vs Ultimate Warrior

Great match here, though it doesn't really touch their 'Mania match to be honest. The first half was really good, had nonstop action, but I really didn't care for the Flair/Perfect involvement even though it set up for an awesome Survivor Series match. And that ending UGH! This match is still definitely worth watching in my opinion, but it's also disappointing when you think about what it could have been.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory by Honor XI - Kevin Steen vs. Michael Elgin

I've heard good things about this match, that it was as good as Richards/Elgin at Showdown show. Michael Elgin got new theme music and Roderick Strong is ringside still Trollin'. I'm sorry but this match is not for me, It was that typical 2 Powerhouses ROH match. All they did was do a bunch of big moves just for pops and wait till the finish. I am also getting really sick of these kick outs after big moves and kicking out of finishers in hope that makes the match more EPIC in the fans mind. C'MON did Elgin really need to do 6 or 7 powerbombs & 4 Bucklebombs and 1 ringpost bomb. ***1/2 at best. The best thing about this match was Steen saying "He's got till 5"

Post Match: Roderick Strong comes out and sick kick to Michael Elgin. Nigel delivers a box to Kevin Steen with EL GENERICO’S MASK IN IT!~! YES! That leave so many questions, and I absolutely love it. ROH needs El Generico and STEEN needs Generico. :generico:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 22 - World Tag Team Championships: Carlito & Chris Masters vs. Kane & The Big Show

If i remember correctly Kane and Show won the Tag Titles at Taboo Tuesday from Cade and Murdoch. Carlito and Masters had been showing signs dissension since January at New Year’s Revolution. There, Carlito turned on Masters during the WWE Title Elimination Chamber match but they made up the night after. This was basically an extended RAW squash. At least this match did what it had to and get the crowd fired up for the event. *1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 22 - Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Matt Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Finlay vs. Ric Flair vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Rob Van Dam

This MITB Ladder Match included superstars from both brands, and that gives us all 4 commentators for this match. Chaotic spot fest with crazy bumps from bell-to-bell. Lashley seemed a little out of place compared to everyone else, but I kind of liked that aspect. Benjamin stole the show again, Flair taking that Ladder bump then leaving just to come back to that pop was smart. ***1/2 - ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 22 - United States Title: Chris Benoit © vs. JBL (w/ Jillian Hall)

Benoit won the title from Booker T back at No Way Out in February. This should of been alot more stiffer, don't get me wrong it had it's moments but it should of been alot better. **1/2 The Eddie mocking was unnecessary.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ZERO1 World (10/16/12) - Ikuto Hidaka vs. Tatsuhito Takaiwa

This was your typical Puro match really, they started off with some real nice technical wrestling that I wish they would have stuck with longer. Some stiff shots here and there, not as many as you'd expect, but they were there. Nice Death Valley Driver spot on the apron as well. Lol at the Brainbuster Hidaka finished with though, Takaiwa landed completely on him, thought he had reversed it until Hidaka started pinning him. Solid match to open the show with.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 22 - Hardcore Match: Edge (w/ Lita) vs. Mick Foley

This was a delightfully barbaric match. These two were determined to steal the show and that’s exactly what they did here. They built to all the crazy ass spots instead of just doing them for no real reason. This was the match that legitimized EDGE as a main eventer for life. I loved the intensity that Edge showed off the bat. The barbed wire around the waist of Foley at the start of the match was a really innovative idea too. That bloody arm that Edge had was pretty gross. The spots in this match were fantastic including the Cactus clothesline while Lita was on Mick's back, the thumbtack spot and of course the finish through the flaming table. I think that flaming table spot is one of the most memorable endings to any WM match. ****1/4 - ****1/2 MOTYC

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ZERO1 World (10/16/12) - Daichi Hashimoto & Tim Edison vs. Paul Tracey & Phil Boyd

Another good match with some real good mat-wrestling. Most of the match was mat-wrestling until the last 5 minutes or so where things got crazy, but not ROH crazy. This lasted about 20 minutes, which i personally think was too long, but you knew it was going this long by the pacing. Nothing really wrong with this match at all, just nothing so special to make it stand out. It was still very enjoyable, but the ending was severely anti-climatic. Tracy and Boyd have some FUCKING AWESOME theme music by the way. I'm not completely sure, but I'm almost positive it's Mozart.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 22 - WWE Women’s Championship: Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James

This was pretty damn good outside the botched ending. This was Mickie’s first feud in WWE and it was the best one in her career. It was also one of the better one in Trish’s career although her feud with Lita lasted longer. The match was really solid because they told a story in the 10 minutes they were given with Trish doing a good job of selling the bad leg while Mickie was relentless in her assault. I can say this is one of the best women's matches in WWE history with solid psychology. The crowd loved the match because of Mickie and she played off things well. It just sucks they dropped the interesting aspect of her character when she turned face. ***1/4

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ZERO1 World (10/16/12) - NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Championships: Frank David (c) & Shawn Guinness (c) vs. Craig Classic & Jason New

This is what I expect a Puro tag match to be like even if only one of these guys is actually Japanese. Lots of spots, crazy teamwork, no real story-telling but some big moves and a hot crowd. Also, the Package Piledriver at the end was SICK!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ZERO1 World (10/16/12) - Maybach Beta & Shito Ueda vs. Ryouji Sai & Zeus

Ryouji & Zeus come out to fucking "Iron Man"! I'm already a huge fan and hope they win. Not really a fan of 3 tag team matches in a row on the show, but that's just personal preference. Now onto my thoughts on this match: STIFF FUCKING KICKS! Holy fuck there was a lot of them this match. The whole match was so stiff, but it was fun to watch as well, no useless spots, but man the strikes looked painful. The match did start to drag a bit at the end because they really weren't doing anything different, felt like it went on entirely too long, the ending was real hot though.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 22 - Casket Match: The Undertaker vs. Mark Henry

Better than expected as they kept things moving and went with the power match. No rest holds which was a plus and Taker hit his signature spots to keep the crowd happy. *1/2 There’s WrestleMania win #14 for the Taker.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
ZERO1 World (10/16/12) - ZERO1 United National Heavyweight Championship: Yusaku Obata (c) vs. James Raideen

UGH! This whole match was literally just one strike after another, there was legitly 5 wrestling moves at the most, all they did was exchange strikes. It got better towards the end, but I was just tired of the match by that point because they turned me off so bad. I swear I've heard this Raideen guy's theme song before, sounds like some classic NWA stuff. I could be wrong, but I think it's Sting's.

EDIT: Just Googled it, and yes, this jobber's coming out to Sting's old surfer theme :lmao