Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 08/14/2000 - The Undertaker vs. Chris Benoit (w/Shane McMahon)

Taker is still on his revenge tour against Shane’s buddies for Kane getting chokeslammed through the stage two weeks ago, and after he eliminated the Big Show last week I guess Benoit’s next on his hit list. Kane gets Taker’s attention as Benoit tries to attack him from behind but Taker catches him with a right hand. Taker works Benoit over in a corner then whips him into the opposite corner and charges at him but eats a boot. Benoit whips Taker into the corner and kicks away at him but Taker throws him in the corner and gets his shots. Taker whips Benoit into the opposite corner and clotheslines him then plants Benoit with a sidewalk slam. Taker misses an elbowdrop and Benoit goes for a whip which Taker reverses but Benoit rolls under a big boot and dropkicks Taker in his hurt knee. Taker grabs Benoit’s leg but Benoit comes back with an enzuigiri then climbs to the top rope and hits the diving headbutt already so not surprisingly only gets a two count. Benoit is shocked the headbutt failed and goes for a whip when Taker reverses it and grabs him by the throat but Benoit kicks at Taker’s knee to escape the chokeslam. Benoit comes off the ropes but runs into a big boot. Taker whips Benoit and hits a back drop then follows up with a vicious clothesline and looks to finish this. Taker sets Benoit up for the Last Ride but Shane flies in with a chair and whacks Taker in the back for a DQ. After the match Shane flies at Taker with a chairshot to the head then stomps on him while Benoit slaps him in the Crossface. Suddenly the pyro erupts as Kane makes his return from injury so Shane and Benoit quickly flee from the ring. After Shane and Benoit depart Kane helps Taker up .. then grabs him by the throat and chokeslams him! Kane then picks Taker back up and chokeslams him a second time, this time sending him clear through the ring! Kane asks his fallen brother “How’s it feel?” then climbs on Taker’s motorcycle and rides it up the ramp. **1/2 Now this heel turn made no sense, but with the Big Show not working like how he does today I guess the bookers needed a heel to stand in against Taker so Kane was drafted. And they still couldn't let Benoit get a clean win over a man who's currently not doing anything. C'MON.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 08/14/2000 - The Rock & The Dudley Boyz vs. Triple H, Kurt Angle & Shane McMahon

Triple H starts off with D’Von and gets in the first shots but D’Von fights back and whips him into a corner then hits the jumping elbow. Bubba Ray tags in to take over and whips Triple H into a backdrop then follows up with a clothesline that gets a two count. Triple H comes back and hits a neckbreaker. Shane tags in and clotheslines Bubba then goes for a whip but Bubba counters it into the Full Nelson bomb. Rock anxiously gets the tag but Shane dives over to his corner and makes a tag to both Triple H and Angle. The two of them then argue on which one of them is going in when Rock tells both of them to “Just Bring it”. Angle decides to go in for his team but Rock wails away on him with rights then whips him and hits an elbow. Rock whips Angle into a corner and clotheslines him but Angle does something we miss to get the advantage. Angle goes for a whip but Rock counters into a Russian legsweep for a two then rams him into D’Von’s boot. D’von tags in and goes for a whip but Angle reverses it and D’Von falls out after Triple H pulls down the top rope. Triple H tosses D’Von into the steps before throwing him back in the ring and Angle hits a suplex for a near fall. Triple H tags in and stomps D’Von down in a corner then whips him into a clothesline before tagging in Shane. Shane shuffles around while hitting D’Von with jabs then comes off the ropes but D’Von hits a flying clothesline. Both men are down and crawl to their corners and Shane tags Angle while D’Von makes the hot tag to Rock. Rock takes it to Angle and Triple H with right hands then hits Angle with a Samoan Drop and DDT’s Triple H. Rock brings Shane in the ring the hard way and works him over in a corner then caps off with the Smackdown. Angle nails Rock from behind and goes for a whip but Rock counters with an overhead belly-to-belly throw. Rock covers when Triple H saves it so Bubba comes in and slams Triple H but Triple H’s boot nails the referee. Bubba then sets Triple H up while D’Von climbs to the top rope and connects with the “Wassup” headbutt. The Dudleys head out to set a table up at ringside while Rock continues to stomp Angle down in a corner. Shane nails Rock from behind but Rock no-sells it and throws him over the ropes, offering him to the Dudleys. Bubba sets Shane up for a powerbomb through the tables but Edge & Christian come out brandishing chairs and nails D’Von from behind. Bubba turns around to see what’s happening and suffers a double chairshot. Rock sees what E&C did and goes out after them when Shane blindsides him and rolls him back in the ring. Shane charges at Rock who catches him looking for a Rock Bottom but Triple H comes in and makes the save. Triple H and Angle double-team Rock then Angle hits the Olympic Slam and Triple H caps off with the Pedigree and that’s the match. **1/2 Solid for 7 minutes

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Judgement Day 2006 - Chris Benoit vs. Fit Finlay

This was an amazing physical battle, with fantastic mat-based wrestling mixed with hard-hitting, smash mouth action. My only problem with it was the finish was too quick, but it completely defines what the Crossface is meant to do. ****1/4 I could talk all day about it but i kept it short and sweet.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Battle Of The Best - YAMATO vs. Eddie Edwards (w/Larry Sweeney)

Aside from the crazy botch, this was rather enjoyable. This was basically two Good wrestlers at the time cause Eddie wasn't the Eddie we see today. But at the time he was improving but yeah this was just two good wrestlers going out and wrestling for 12 minutes. **3/4 Impressive opener

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Battle Of The Best - Ryo Saito vs. Austin Aries

Not as fast-paced as I thought it would be, but still damn fun. although both guys seemed to be holding something back. Only thing holding it back was Aries no-sold all Saito’s rib work to win with the Last Chancery. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Battle Of The Best - Roderick Strong vs. Davey Richards (w/Larry Sweeney)

This still holds up as one of my favorite matches for both guys. They really wrestled that Japanese style match full of tough stiff strikes, painful spots, and great selling as well (Yeah that's right Davey was actually selling for a while) They could have cut that match a bit, because a couple of sections were pretty slow. But this has been building for a while and looking at the other matches on the Card someone had to get 25 minutes. ***1/2 - ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Battle Of The Best - El Generico, Shingo & Dragon Kid vs. YOSHINO, Naruke Doi & BxB Hulk

FUCK MAN! this was mad sloppy in places, this was just the Dragon Gate style tag match. But the thing that makes it different was this match had a story with Generico and Kid taking a beating and Shingo just fighting with all he had. The action as you would expect was crazy just wrestlers diving from all angles with ridiculous speed and with no signs of slowing down for 20 minutes, Shingo/BxB interactions were GODLY even if it did include a huge botch. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Battle Of The Best - Non-Title: Nigel McGuinness vs. Bryan Danielson

This is prob the weakest Nigel/Bryan match they ever had. It almost felt like a house show match, where they do their usual stuff and work on things they might like to do down the road So they would test it here. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Battle Of The Best - ROH World Tag Titles, Relaxed Rules: The Age of the Fall vs. The Briscoe Brothers

this is the main event :lmao This fun brawl full of no sell, guys take big moves on the concrete and pop up to make the save moments later. This was like all the other AOTF/Brscoe matches we've seen it was like they took parts and just added it here but packed it all into 15 minutes. **1/2 At least this was the hottest I've seen a Japanese crowd in years.

WWE Smackdown 06/11/2012 - Miz vs, Kofi Kingston

Man these two have great matches with each other this wasn't as good as the Main Even one but still rather enjoyable. I would of enjoyed it more of Kofi would of sold the knee work done by Miz. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Tokyo Summit 2008 - Austin Aries vs. Tyler Black

Good back and forth action, but it was missing something maybe because it was the opener and they didn't go all out but it was just missing that thing. This was also the 2nd match in a row Aries no sold the work of his opponent, but i guess because they were in Japan he thought it would only be right. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Tokyo Summit 2008 - Kazushi Miyamoto vs. Eddie Edwards (w/Larry Sweeney)

The match never got much time to become anything. Edwards got almost all the offense in until the cheap finish. This seems to build more heat on a rift between Edwards and Sweeney, but they hug instead. *1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Tokyo Summit 2008 - El Generico vs. Taiji Ishimori
This was so fun, but the NO-SELLING big spots by Generico was rediculious. NO SELL a Top-Rope Tornado DDT and a Cradle DDT C'MON. ***

ROH Tokyo Summit 2008 - Takeshi Morishima & Davey Richards (w/Larry Sweeney) vs. The Briscoe Brothers
I was really looking forward to that match but I was disappointed. I don't mind Richards going over, but with a transition move? And the match itself had no structure whatsoever. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Tokyo Summit 2008 - GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Bryan Danielson

This was FUCKING beautiful Danielson looked mike a world class wrestler here tbf that's every time he's in the ring but here he was amazing, call the moves were hit crisply and in perfect timing, he showed his ring generalship too. Kanemaru looked great as well he always had a counter to Danielson's submissions, but Danielson really put himself over as a wrestler by anticipating that and reversing the reversal. ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Tokyo Summit 2008 - KENTA & Kota Ibushi vs. Naomichi Marafuji & Katsuhiko Nakajima

This doesn't hold up like i remembered they tried to hard to make it feel EPIC, don't get me wrong i loved seeing these 4 guys beating the shit out of each other for 35 minutes but GOD DAMN! this was sloppy in places. Another reason i found it hard to get into was because it was hard to get emotionally invested in. But with all the negative being said it was fun seeing stiff Japanese wrestling and I liked how KENTA and Marufuji really backed off and let the younger duo of Ibushi and Nakajima share the majority of the limelight. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Tokyo Summit 2008 - Kensuke Sasaki vs. Roderick Strong

12 minutes huh? this was a decent power match hurt by the fact that Strong never had a conceivable chance at winning. The only thing Roddy had going for him was first chop battle which was cringe worthy. *** Post-match both men show each other respect, with Strong looking really touched by Sasaki’s handshake, hugs and kind words.