Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Tokyo Summit 2008 - ROH World Title: Nigel McGuinness vs. Jimmy Jacobs

This was alot more psychical then i remembered and especially for the crowd it was weird. But i still thought it was enjoyable. It was weird seeing Jimmy playing the Heel role here and Nigel that face. But it worked ***

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Kevin Steen vs El Generico - ROH Final Battle 2010

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT (11/7/12) - Kassius Ohno vs Trent Barreta

Early on in the match, one of the more innovative spots I've seen recently happened where Barreta went for a sunset flip to the outside of the ring, but Ohno caught him, put the ring apron over his face and stomped on his face. This was a real, real good back and forth match that had both guys looking like a million bucks, this should have been the feud all along instead of Ohno/Steamboat. Glad Ohno got the win, and that elbow was as sick as ever.

WWE NXT (11/7/12) - Big E Langston vs Memo Montenegro

No one gives a fuck about this except for the live crowd apparently. Really wish this Langston guy wasn't over 'cause he sucks.

WWE NXT (11/7/12) - Luke Harper vs Jason Jordan

Bray Wyatt sent out Harper to take out Jordan and it was pretty fucking awesome. Match was short and just a squash, but I'm such a mark for Wyatt that I can't help but love every bit of this.

WWE NXT (11/7/12) - Number #1 Contendership for the NXT Championship: Bo Dallas vs Drew McIntyre vs Jinder Mahal vs Justin Gabriel

McIntyre and Gabriel were both eliminated in like 3 minutes by Bo Dallas so FUCK THIS MATCH! I didn't even care who won the match after they were eliminated, so I found myself stop paying attention.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 2000 - The Right To Censor vs. Too Cool & Rikishi

Victoria! Dressed as a Ho is still one of the funniest things about this angle. This was a terrible way to start off a PPV mainly cause this wasn't given the right amount of time and the RTC's members were shit in the ring so them doing the heat segments were no believable at all. The crowd was hot throughout, which is good, but then were deflated by the abrupt ending. *1/2 Heels winning opening matches are never a good idea, but RTC needed this win for credibility.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 2000 - Road Dogg vs. X-Pac

So after weeks of this friendly rivalry we've finally come to the end of DX. And JR actually mentions that these two fought for the DX rights at Fully Loaded ’99. Dogg is playing the face by default. Pac hasn't got that X-Pac heat yet but it does begin to start here. This was 5 minute shitfeast they have no chemistry NOTHING! it was Pac does his moves and Dogg will do his and lets just cram it into 5 minutes. After the match X-Pac gets on the microphone and proclaims their greatness as a team and asks for no hard feelings. Road Dogg disagrees and hits the Pump-handle Slam finally ending the trash. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 2000 - Intergender Match for the WWF Intercontinential Title: Val Venis & Trish Stratus vs. Eddie Guerrero & Chyna

Whoever scores the pin on either Val or Trish gets the IC Title. This was another shitfeast match the match was so much better when it was Venis and Eddie in the ring. Trish hadn't even learned to bump properly at this point and Chyna’s entire offence was clotheslines. The match also suffered because it was booked, and executed, as basically a handicap match with Val Venis being on his own. That would be fine if Venis was a face and Chyna and Eddie were heels, but they weren't, and as a result it was difficult to believe that the heels had a chance. The crowd heat was poor, so you really couldn't give a fuck about this. I'm not a fan of Chyna winning the IC title again but at least it began the start of Eddie's heel run later on that year. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 2000 - Tazz vs. Jerry “The King” Lawler

Tazz comes out wearing a cowboy hat, sunglasses and cane and acts like he’s blind as he walks by the announce table where Lawler pops him with a right hand. (What an AWESOME way to start a match) but after that it all goes downhill. The match another 5 star shitfeast but the crowd was really hot. 1/2*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 2000 - WWF Hardcore Title: Shane McMahon vs. Steve Blackman

Oh Young Simba! This was stupidly fun squash with a big spot with some overbooking run-ins, and they put it in the right place on the card. Cause that pop when Simba came down from the tron was great. **1/2 Simba is a proven that he will take any bump asked and his selling might be the most underrated ever and Blackman RULED in his run in the hardcore division.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Michael Elgin vs. Adam Cole - PWG 2012 Battle of Lose Angeles
A solid bout to cap off what was a really good 2012 BOLA and a great effort from two men who had wrestled two matches prior to this one. I think the match suffered a bit from some no selling, and I think the pace could have been lowered at times to let the viewers breath a little, but the high tempo did at least produce some choice moments. The back and forth action also made for a fun final few moments of the bout, with Cole and Elgin's exchanges, as well as the near falls, coming off well. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 2000 - 2 out of 3 Falls Match: Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho

I could watch Jericho/Benoit matches forever and never get tired, this is the 3rd PPV match these two had that year and everyone of them are over the 4+ star system. This was 13 minutes of pure SEX! I'm telling you if this would of gotten that extra 10 that they wasted on Taz/King and Dogg/Pac this would of been the MOTY no questions asked and they where heading that way too. This match is stiff as hell and as every passing minute it would get more and more psychical the psychology of the match was pretty great. Benoit focusing on the shoulder was great stuff and Jericho focusing on the back was good too. Jericho sold the arm extremely well throughout the match. It's just a shame they had to rush the story of each fall. ****1/4 FUCK WHO EVER GAVE THEM THIS SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 2000 - WWF Tag Team Championship - Tables, Ladders and Chairs: Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudley Boyz

These 6 guys set the bar ridiculously high in ladder matches it's not even funny. This is basically a ladder match where you have to climb up to retrieve the belts, but unlike the Wrestlemania meeting tables and chairs are also involved. What can i say about this match that hasn't been said before. Just Phenomenal action from start to finish with a crazy amount of dramatic moments and insane bumps, and damn it still holds up pretty well after 12 years. ****1/2 The crazy thing is they would outdo themselves @ WM X-Seven.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 2000 - The Undertaker vs. Kane

Kane debuts the sleeveless look but still has the same mask. Taker meets Kane on the ramp and they brawl their way to ringside as JR mentions the referee is just going to let them go at it. Taker rams Kane into the ringpost then rolls in the ring and pulls Kane onto the apron. Taker tries to pull Kane’s mask off but Kane snaps Taker’s neck on the top rope. Kane heads in and beats Taker down in a corner then brings in a chair but Taker stops him with a flurry of punches. Taker grabs the chair and whacks Kane in the back with it then tees off on him. Taker again goes for Kane’s mask and manages to rip a piece off before Kane shoves him away. Kane rolls out to the floor and catches Taker with a right hand then rams him repeatedly into the steps. Kane grabs the steps and tries to nail Taker with them but Taker sidesteps him and the steps bounce off the ringpost into Kane’s face. Taker grabs the steps and and throws them into Kane’s head, busting him open before rolling him back in the ring. Kane comes back with a low blow and hammers Taker with a series of right hands then caps off with an uppercut when Taker spears Kane and tees off on him. Taker again goes for the mask and nearly slips it off but Kane gets away and readjusts it. Kane grabs him by the throat but Taker counters with a kick below the belt then throws him to the mat and finally manages to take Kane’s mask off! Kane tries to cover up his exposed face as he bails out to the floor and runs away. Taker poses in the ring with Kane’s mack and apparenlty that’s all. Not a match, more of an angle. The brawling was boring and slow, but the real story was just to take the mask off Kane so Undertaker could get a bit of revenge. If this were a match, it wouldn’t have been a very good one judging by the brawling here. DUD! no starting bell so techinally this was a segment

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Summerslam 2000 - WWF World Heavyweight Title: The Rock vs. Kurt Angle vs. Triple H

Surprisingly good match considering HHH knocking the shit out of angle within the first 5 Minutes. The final few minutes were a bit overbooked but it was loads of fun and helped progress the feud between Angle and HHH. Thankfully, HHH and Rock were able to carry the match themselves. It’s nowhere near the level of HHH/Rock goodness we've gotten that year but still pretty fun considering 80% of it must if been on the fly, but they did a good job. ***1/4

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Turning Point 2012: No DQ, Title Title Match- Magnus v.s Samoa Joe(c).

Jesus, this feud just took itself to another level. It was a fight the entire time as they brawled and tried to show off how much they know eachother from their tag team run. It led to some unique, fun exchanges that were mostly just brute moves and pure strikes. Joe late in the match when he goes for the the huge tumbling dive onto Magnus outside the ring to counter Magnus with the chair was great. Earlier in the match he caught Joe with the chair going for a suicide dive. It just added to the progression of the match. It ultimately came down to what could Magnus do to beat Joe? It may have been a bit much having Joe kick out of two of Magnus' top rope elbows but it may have been what needed to happen for this to continue. I'd really like to see these two tear each other up over this belt again. They sure made the TV title important here. Magnus kept fighting even through his frustration and Joe even surprised by Magnus coming back even kicking out of the Muscle Muster. However it was Magnus taking his eyes off the prize for one moment that led him getting choked the fuck out.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Turning Point 2012: X-Division Title Match- Joey Ryan v.s RVD(c).

Instead of making Ryan look like a threat this was mostly just RVD doing his normal stuff. Ryan had some short bursts but it didn't come off like he really had a chance. I think TNA has something with Ryan and they need to capitalize. It just seems like it's all going to be about Morgan now. Ryan has a nice buzz, he just deserves a better opportunity then just dealing with RVD going through the motions.

*1/2