• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
WCW Souled Out 1998: Buff Bagwell, Scott Norton & Konnan v.s The Steiners & Ray Traylor.

If you don't know who Ray Traylor is, you better look him up because I'm not telling you. This was pretty hard hitting and Scott Steiner was starting to emerge into what he was going to be. Rick and him weren't getting along. The NWO team didn't click as a team at all. It was just random shit and no progression in the match and their babyface beatdown on Rick was just dull. No cohesiveness at all. However there were some good exchanges especially between Traylor and Norton. Late after Rick's beatdown, Scott gets the tag or does he? Traylor comes in as well. That doesn't matter because Scott just takes over. He starts throwing people around and not caring where they land. Seriously his first throw/suplex just had Norton fall flat on his face. Very trustworthy and a few moments later Scott hits his Steiner Screwdriver for the win. This is certainly the guy I would hope I could build around in a couple years times.

*1/2

Kiffy Lube

WCW Souled Out: The Giant v.s Kevin Nash.

The Battle of the Giants. This is not a good match at all but it's not supposed to be. It was sloppy as fuck. At one point Nash is caught doing a dive and drove into turnbuckle pole. It didn't even look like it hurt at all. However this had to be sold so we have to wait for him to barely make the 10 count back into the ring. God awful. This is also ended with a botched Jacknife where Giant lands on his neck. I'm sure most of you haven't bothered to watch this show but you've probably seen that Powerbomb. Before this I guess Hogan threw coffee in the face of The Giant. This was fine for a spectacle match. That is all, though.

3/4*

Kiffy Lube

WCW Souled Out 1998: Ric Flair v.s Bret Hart.

This was billed as Bret Hart's first match in WCW so this would be his first match since the Screwjob. Well at first this match didn't get going very well. They just thought it would click and it just didn't for awhile however it does pick up quite a bit and we get some special moments. I enjoyed the second half of this match quite a bit. They just got going. It was fun watching them trying to work over each other because they are both very similar in that approach when it came to Flair's leg work and Figure Four to Hart working over Flair's back putting more emphasis on his moves before applying his own Sharpshooter. It was fun at that point. It just feels like two different matches. Their ages probably could be factored into that as well. Still some good stuff here.

***1/4

Kiffy Lube

WCW Souled Out 1998: Lex Luger v.s Randy Savage.

Let's have a nothing match end the event. Who's bright idea was this? This doesn't even get the chance to develop into a proper main event. What a mess. Hart/Flair should have went on last if you didn't trust these guys.

1/2*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWE NXT 08/15/2012 Gold Rush Tournament semifinal: Richie Steamboat vs. Jinder Mahal

Jim Ross is on commentary for this match. And i kinda wish he didn't waste his time here because Nothing really stood out to me here. They didn't have chemistry it was like they were going through the motions and played it safe. I did like some of Steamboat’s pinning combinations though. Mahal basically did his usual focus on the neck area stuff with weak offense he was clearly the weak link. *1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWE NXT 08/15/2012 - Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Heath Slater

Before the match "THE ONE MAN ROCK BAND" cuts his usual great promo, which leads to the master of the WORM. And i legit MARKED, the match was surprisingly good/fun for what it was, Scotty looked to still in pretty good shape and can handle the match. 1/2*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWE NXT 08/15/2012 - Gold Rush Tournament semifinal: Seth Rollins vs. Michael McGillicutty

Jim Ross joins for commentary and Seth does the Blue entrance again, i wonder what HHH thinks about this. Anyways this is a pretty solid main event here, i really wish it would of gotten more time cause and i'm damn sure they would of blown the roof of this place. I liked how they went for the high impact stuff early and often in this one to break up the slow pace of the rest of the matches on the show, this kinda reminded me of the early ROH opening matches. McGillicutty did some nice work here too showing he can be a power guy but also have technical ability to pull off Suplex´s like his dad. I liked that Seth used the running buckle bomb into the Blackout here, i hope he starts using it more often. **1/2 Post-match, Jinder Mahal’s music hits and out comes the Indian warrior. It seems like things may get physical with both men, but “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes is out to break it up before it even gets started. Dusty says that they’re going to have their opportunity since the finals have been decided. “May the best man win,” says Dusty.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
WWE SummerSlam 2012 - Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler

Pretty smart choice for the opener cause if these two can't get a crowd pumped up then nothing can. And they did that with just an flat out solid wrestling match both men come out looking great, Ziggler continues to be amazing and Jericho does what he’s done for the last 20 years. Busted his ass and had a great match and make the younger guy look amazing. ***1/2

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Ring of Honor Wrestling (8/18/12) - Princess Mia Yim vs Sara Del Ray

A women's match on ROH, what is this madness? This was pretty good for the 7 or so minutes it lasted, Sara carried Mia, but Mia didn't look bad at all. After the match Maria attacks Sara to build for their match at Boiling Point, which would have been fine if they would have aired this episode BEFORE Boiling Point. You fail, ROH.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Ring of Honor Wrestling (8/18/12) - Anything Goes: Eddie Edwards vs Rhino

This was really good, they used the lack of rules great, but without going too overboard. Nonstop action almost the whole match without any slow points. I saw the Gore through the table ending from a mile away, but Edwards sold it like crazy, made it look so sick. I hate that they stopped the match after it though because it wasn't a tables match, they could have easily just had Rhino pin Edwards. I guess it gets over how dangerous the Gore is.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Ring of Honor Wrestling (8/18/12) - ROH World Championship: Homicide vs Kevin Steen (c)

Steve Corino had me :lmao the whole time on commentary. This was a pretty good TV main event with a couple nice spots, didn't care for the ending too much, but there wasn't anything wrong with it. After the match Rhino comes out and him and Steen do the typical "I'm in the ring and you're on the stage, so we'll both stare at each other" thing that challengers and champions always do.

Monday Night Raw: Shawn Michaels vs Shelton Benjamin

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

My reaction says it all. I've seen this match at least a dozen times now, and just...well...DAMN!!!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
WWE NXT (8/22/12) - Antonio Cesaro vs Derrick Bateman

Not bad at all for a 5 or so minutes match. Was disappointed by the lack of a sick uppercut from Cesaro though.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
WWE NXT (8/22/12) - Sofia Cortez vs Tamina Snuka

Another short match that was decent, Tamina hit real nice Savate at one point. Probably Sofia's last match as well since she was released last week. After the match, Racquel Diaz attacks Tamina and I couldn't care less about her annoying gimmick.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
WWE NXT (8/22/12) - Jake Carter vs Kassius Ohno

Carter is green as fuck and that was obvious when he was on offense during this match, Ohno looks great of course and damn that elbow at the end was sick. After the match Ohno attacks Carter again and Richie Steamboat makes the save. Looks like we'll get an Ohno/Steamboat match next week.

Last edited: