Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ROH Boiling Point: Brutal Bob v.s Adam Cole.

This was a pretty fun match overall. It wasn't very crisp and Bob certainly is quite rusty. The back and forth was pretty good. Bob gave him a good fight but in the end up tapping out to Cole's devastating figure four. Nice way to break up a show.

*3/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ROH Boiling Point: Michael Elgin v.s Charlie Haas.

Before the match starts Strong goes on strike against The House of Truth after putting a pretty good match earlier. So now it's Elgin's turn. This wasn't too bad of a match but I was distracted from seeing what was happening the entire time. Roderick Strong came back out during the match with a chair and case of beer. So he's yelling and cheering for Haas and getting his drunk ass in the way near the end of the match. Elgin at one points thinks he has got rid of him but Strong comes back out to the ring once more to cost him the match by spitting some beer in his face followed by a quick roll up by Haas. The action in the ring was pretty good, it was just hard to care about it. Some great exchanges got nothing from the fans who were also preoccupied with Strong's shenanigans. This PPV is progressing nicely in my book overall. Solid stuff.

**1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ROH Boiling Point: The Briscoes v.s Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino.

This was a damn fine match. It felt like a Puro-style to me as well with the way it escalated seeing as they all have international as such it did make some sense. I guess I just expected it to be more spotty. Corino seemed to keep this match level the entire time, he was ready to go. Sometimes hard to keep him going nowadays so that was good see. Mark Briscoe was a hilarious, sneaky bastard late in the match which helped lead towards the ending sequence of the match. Good, good stuff here.

***1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ROH Boiling Point: 2 out 3 Falls- Tomasso Ciampa v.s Jay Lethal.

These two have had a decent feud. I think it has always felt at least a little forced but Ciampa is a young star looking to carve his spot. The TV title is completely out of the equation now too and we are going to find who is the better wrestler is tonight. So within the first few minutes Lethal hits some of his big moves and gets a quick pinfall. This seriously made Ciampa look weak at least to me it did. It was quite awhile of Ciampa getting back control for the most part with some hard hitting moves but Lethal would always stay relevant through out. At one point Ciampa took Nigel's headset and told everyone that he was going to break Lethal's back. Ciampa gets a pinfall sometime after this to even it up and taunts Lethal that all he needs is one MORE. Really? This coming from the guy that lost his focus in the first few minutes. Okay. Then it TOOK a low blow later for Lethal to pick up the win. What? This was booked in some really odd fashion but Prince Nana coming out with a face reaction was quite nice. Just this match was a good between two opponents that know each other and they had some great fluid exchanges, it was jut this 2 out 3 fall stipulation didn't work to their advantage at least not with the way it was booked.

**1/4

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ROH Boiling Point: Mike Bennett & Maria v.s Eddie Edwards & Sara Del Ray.

This wasn't too bad when Maria wasn't in the ring. Her ass looked amazing so maybe I should take that back. However other than Bennett/Edward's exchanges which for the most part were pretty good. There was a pretty incredible spot where Edwards lands on his feet and rolls into a half Boston Crab. It's got to be seen. Sometime after this Del Ray gets an Ankle Lock on Maria who ends going under the ring. Sara goes after her and ROH goes all sports entertainment for the finish. Sara comes back out with Maria's clothes. She throws them at Bennett who gets caught in another half Crab before he taps out.

*3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Vendetta 2005 - ROH World Title: Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong

These two wrestled a week before this in a underrated match, in Connecticut i think the show was called "This Means War" i should really watch that match again. Anyway if i remember in that match they started off with some respectful wrestling but by the end they were stiffing the fuck out of each other. As much as i would love to do the play-by-play for this i can't because this is 50 Minutes of pure AMAZINGNESS, AND EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH. These two kept a intensity and crazy pace from bell-to-bell, I really enjoyed the story with Danielson again looking to dominate the challenger, but Strong never truly staying down. The match was continually Dragon on offence for a few minutes before Roderick fired back with a flurry that Danielson has never seen and some of the sounds of the hits Roddy put on Danielson is cringe worthy good. But Danielson would weather that storm and find a way to get full control again. I loved that the intensity never died down which was good because it felt like these two truly hated each other e.g. every spitting, pokes to the eye, slaps, chop looked worse then the one before. ****3/4 Will never get boring. EVER!!!!!!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE WrestleMania 28 - WWE Championship Match: CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

So before the match Team Johnny walks past the WWE champion CM Punk. He smugly informs him that if Punk loses his temper and gets disqualified, he'll lose the title. Damn i forgot how good this was, sure it started off slow but it was them feeling each other out. it damn sure picked up when Jericho was trollin' him trying to get Punk DQ'ed. The counters and near falls towards the end of the match were great. I especially loved Jericho’s top rope counter into the Walls of Jericho. Just a FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC job by both men. They sold the intensity of the feud with the build up and promos surrounding Punks family and delivered in the ring. It's just a shame the crowd was dead for most of it. ****1/4 - ****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Better Than Our Best - ROH Tag Team Title Match: Roderick Strong & Austin Aries vs. Blood Generation

Great stuff here for the most part but it had a couple of sloppy moments most noticeable the missile dropkick/powerbomb combination from Aries and Strong was awful. ***3/4

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Superstars (8/16/12) - Johnny Curtis & Michael McGillicutty vs The Usos

Nice match here, had a couple odd moments, but it kept me interested for the most part. Hate that McGillicutty was the one that took the fall though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Superstars (8/16/12) - Alex Riley vs Drew McIntyre

Drew gets a full entrance :mark: and Scott Stanford tells us that the reason Drew's wrist is hurt is because he fell off a horse :lmao. This was a pretty good match with both guys looking pretty good. Riley finished with a Whiplash type maneuver that Stanford called the Final Score. Wish this would have gotten more time because they didn't have anything to really work with, but they made the best of it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Superstars (8/16/12) - Damien Sandow vs Justin Gabriel

Very nice match to close the show, really love how Sandow still gets his character over during matches. Gabriel showed more technical work than we usually see from him, he seems to be improving very nicely in the ring also.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Souled Out: Raven's Rules- Raven v.s Chris Benoit.

Very, very hard hitting. Raven took it to Benoit right from the start. He showed him his element as he was throwing Benoit around ringside like a rag doll. Eventually Benoit fights back and starts doing the same to Raven. He hit 3 snap suplexs, two on chair and one on the ramp during this onslaught. He wasn't being fancy about the way he was kicking Raven's ass. He was just dishing out punishment. Late in the match Benoit hits a huge diving headbutt onto a steel chair covering Raven's head. Benoit smacked hard and Raven looked like his head could have been crushed. Sick shit. This took both men out pretty badly and they were barely able to continue but they did fairly well working their way to the finish which was Raven passing out in the Crossface. Not as good as the Benoit/Raven/DDP triple threat match but still damn good if you want some hard hitting action.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Souled Out 1998: Cruiserweight Title- Chris Jericho v.s Rey Mysterio(c).

This really got hampered by Mysterio's knee. Jericho didn't even take advantage like he would have in the more recent matches he's had with him. However considering the finish it didn't really matter but it would have made it more effective. Jericho almost at times was just stalling for Mysterio to get his bearings. Also Rey started working with the injury at first with a rear naked choke. He stayed ground based for a bit but you know he had to WOW the fans. So after this has to get in his dives. It was one two many high risk moves that got set up with a lot of stalling that got Mysterio caught in the Walls of Jericho which he had to tap to with the way Jericho was wrenching it. Not horrible ultimately but you know these two are capable of so much more.

*3/4

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Souled Out 1998: TV Title- Rick Martel v.s Booker T(c).

Solid, solid match. It had a good, slow pace that Martel was dictating while Booker kept getting short bursts of offense. Some great back work by Martel to set up the Quebec Crab later in the match. Not much to say but this was a decent way to showcase the TV on PPV. The finish was kind of whack with how it was set up but that is my only major complaint.

**1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Souled Out: Larry Zbyszko v.s Scott Hall.

As far as the match it wasn't too bad. The interference that led to a DQ finish and Dusty Rhodes joining the NWO kind of overshadow everything here. Hall hit about 3 sloppy closelines trying to get closer to the end of the match, though. Before the interference Larry locked Hall in this headlock and Tony Schiavone was going crazy about it like it was all over. Yeah, it was over it was time to get to the DQ finish. Jesus, man.

*1/2