Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Hardcore Justice 2012 - TV Title Match: Devon vs. Kazarian

Because the IWC complained about no TV title matches on a weekly basis, you get one on a PPV with 0 build except that Kaz beat Devon in a tag match on last weeks Impact, you happy? These two worked well in a enjoyable match together, which was shocking. Devon moved, Bumped and sold like his was in his early 30's here. One of the better TV title matches ever and definitely the highlight of Devon's TV title reign so far. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Hardcore Justice 2012 - TNA Knockouts Title Match: Miss Tessmacher vs. Madison Rayne

Earl Hebner is our ref so you know no one will be getting screwed out of a title match 8D. Oh well what do you know a fucking 6 year old who doesn't even know what going on saw this coming. I really have no idea what they're trying to do with the KO division anymore. The match itself started off decent but Tessmacher was a bit awkward and sloppy and it hurt things. 1/2* The only thing that would make me care about this angle is if Brian Hebner starts calling Madison "stepmom"

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Hardcore Justice 2012 - Bound For Glory Series Tables Match: Bully Ray vs. James Storm vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Robbie E

Bully Ray once again cuts an awesome promo before the match and i'm telling you if it wasn't for the Junkie Crack Whore he would be my favorite TNA gimmick/wrestler but as for this match. It was a good one with everyone contributing with a pretty fun story with the Aces and Eights shows up, which makes Bully takes his eyes off the ball. That leads to Storm's come back, so the match continues. Once Bully is taken out by Storm, As & 8s leave. Again, more theories to support that Storm is running the stable. The stable returned to distract Hardy as well. See, even they are freaked out by the evil eyes of Hardy's paint. Storm's about to win it, but Bully gets back in the match. The finish comes when Bully powerbombs Hardy through the table. Yeah, this match had a few issues/distractions, but I enjoyed it for what it was. *** My original rating for this was 2 and a half maybe two and three-quarters but Bully trolling E from bell to bell along with the Storm/Hardy tag team suplex which broke the edge of the table made me bump it up.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Hardcore Justice 2012 - TNA Hardcore Justice 2012 - X-Division Title Match: Zema Ion vs. Kenny King

As many of you know i do not like Ion at all i don't undertand the hair spray gimmick and his wrestling isn't much better either but thank's to Kenny King Ion has be best match in TNA since Des X last year, Kenny King totally out shines Ion in this match with everything he did it flowed so smoothly. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Hardcore Justice 2012 - Bound For Glory Series Ladder Match: AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe

Joe with another emotional promo, I don't know about you, but I always find it funny where the object on top of a ladder isn't a world title or briefcase. This was a good match to watch, but it is ridiculously overrated don't get me wrong it had some great wrestling like you'd expect with these four in a ring at the same time, they didn't really work many ladder spots into things but it was fine because they worked so much cool stuff into such a short amount of time and i their was never a dull moment which was good. Another thing i loved was the "one-up-man-ship" between Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe was a high point in this bout and seemed to tease a match between the two. The problem there is that TNA have freely made Joe vs. Angle so much over the years since their World Title feud that it's becoming less and less important. ***1/2 The ending was cool but it was another overrated thing instead of the dramatic slow climbs that every promotion likes to do, AJ Styles used the ropes to springboard himself onto the ladder, he dashed up the ladder, grabbed and tugged on the contract and won in a matter of seconds.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Hardcore Justice 2012 - TNA World Title Match: Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode

This was the MOTN for shore. And possible better than the match they had at Destination X. It makes me sad that this was billed as the final title match between the two. cause the chemistry is ridiculous, the match was full of great encounter which we've seen in the past and even some new ones so it basically was "A counter for a counter to get out of a counter" :mark:, this also had great drama and hatred which was another part of the story and added another layer onto this match. The only thing i disliked was the double ref bump but it led towards the restart of the title match which worked very well. The fans at home were able to figure that out, but the live audience struggled a bit to realize that it was being restarted by the Senior Official Earl Hebner. Despite that, this was a great match that closed the event on a high note. Austin Aries was massively over with the Impact Zone, by the way. He got an almost deafening amount of cheers and chants. **** - ****1/4

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT (8/15/12) - Jinder Mahal vs Richie Steamboat

Not a bad match at all, some of the exchanges weren't very...fluid? I guess, can't really think of a word. I wish they would have been given a couple more minutes to work with, but this was fine. Jinder wins and moves on to the finals of the title tournament.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT (8/15/12) - Heath Slater vs ???

Heath Slater issues and open challenge to anyone because he's the ONE MAN BAND BAAAAABBBBBYYY!!!!!! The crowd chants for triple h but no one answers as we go to the break. Back from the break, someone finally answers and it is.....SCOTTY TOO FUCKING HOTTY! This is why I'm glad I don't read spoilers, cause I marked the fuck out for this. Best legend vs Slater match this year, and we got to see Scotty's WORM (PG)!!!!!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Unforgettable 2005 - James Gibson (w/BJ Whitmer) vs. Roderick Strong

This is it, Gibson’s final ROH appearance before returning to the WWE. And what a way to leave this is fucking amazing, it had a classic Teacher/Student story-telling throughout. Gibson put Roddy on the map here and even tho Roddy was in his own at this point the win here and what Gibson did for him made him look like a future champion. The only thing that's stopping this for being one of my all time favorites is we 2 moments when Roddy no-sold Gibson attacks like the knee early to show his fear of the backbreakers, or when he went after the hand to stop Strong chopping him, he would stop selling after a few moments. But other then that i loved it. ****1/4 Post Match Gibson puts over Gabe and the fans for resurrecting his career. He’s visibly moved by a “we will miss you” chant. He says this last year has been the most fun he’s had in wrestling. He hopes to come back here one day and calls this the “greatest wrestling company in the world”. He names Roderick Strong the MVP of ROH and says ROH has the future of wrestling in its locker room.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Fate Of An Angel - AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong

This was damn good with a hot crowd, Rodderick was his normal awesome 2005 self here but with more heat then he's gotten in his entire ROH run, he was like the Arn of ROH at this point and AJ was really fluid with every innovative spot, and mat work it's just a shame he forgets to sell sometimes. Cause he takes a hell of a beating in this match with every nasty backbreaker but 2 minutes down the line he's moving like the backbreakers weren't shit. The finish with AJ countering the the half nelson backbreaker to Styles Clash was fucking insane and had me out of my seat. ***1/2 - ***3/4 I would love to give it a 4+ but the lack of AJ's selling really hurt, and it's wasn't like it was maybe 2/3 backbreakers cause maybe i would of given it a pass, NO!!!! This was a RODDY STRONG match so you know AJ got his back massacred with all the trademark ones and even some new ones. But just didn't sell it enough.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT (8/15/12) - The Ascension vs The Usos

Meh, wasn't feeling this one. Couldn't keep much of my attention. Ridiculously stupid ending thoug. The Ascension got disqualified because the illegal man attacked the legal man by pushing him off the turnbuckle.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT (8/15/12) - Michael McGillicutty vs Seth Rollins

Well, I was definitely disappointed from this one. They needed more time to work with, just felt like nothing happened the entire match, should have been much better. Rollins wins and he'll face Mr. Knee Strikes & Camel Clutch next week for the NXT Title.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Punk: The Final Chapter - Matt Hardy vs. Roderick Strong

I'm pretty upset that they cut out the prematch Embassy attack on Roddy mainly because of how loud the "Fuck you, Hardy!", "Die, Matt! Die!" and "Fuck Him up, Roderick!" chants were. As for for this match it was allot better then expected cause Hardy's match up to this point have not been awful but they weren't that good either, but Roddy was still MR. 2005 so you know he was gonna do everything he could to make this watchable. The fans hatred of Matt really worked for the match because it made Strong the underdog babyface. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Raw 03/05/2004 - World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels

Benoit and HBK tie up to start and neither is giving one inch. Both men are going back and forth with reversals a plenty. Benoit clothesline HBK over the top rope. Back in the ring now and Benoit is in control but HBK lands a reversal and both men are down. Benoit goes for the Crossface early and HBK breaks free and once again both men are down. Back from Commercial and HBK is in full control with a abdominal stretch. HBK Irish whips Benoit hard into the corner. HBK is in complete control of this match. Benoit is countering now and lands a couple of quick pin attempts and now both men are once again down. HBK gets the control back and sets up Benoit for the flying elbow and hits a very nice elbow and sets up for the sweet chin music but Benoit reverses and hits the German Suplex Hat Trick. He does the cut throat gesture and climbs the ropes and climbs back down and hit a 4th suplex on the challenger. He goes back to the buckle and misses the flying head butt. Benoit catches HBK on the buckle and starts chopping away and kicking HBK to the apron. Benoit gets suplex-ed from the ring to the floor. HBK climbs the buckle and hits the best moonsault to the floor I have ever seen. Both men get up at 6 and HBK throws Benoit into the ring post and goes back in the ring. HBK is in the ring and Benoit is bleeding and we go to another Commercial. HBK is still in control of Benoit with a reverse chin lock but Benoit counters and both men are down again. HBK tries a few moves but Benoit won’t stay down. Benoit hits a pinning German suplex for a close two count. HBK puts Benoit in the Walls of Jericho I mean a Boston Crab and Benoit finds the ropes. After some back and forth action Benoit slaps in the Crossface but HBK gets a foot on the ropes. Benoit tries again and HBK gets the ropes again. Benoit tries the sharpshooter but HBK kicks Benoit into the referee. All 3 men are down in the ring. HBK and Benoit are getting up, so HBK gets sweet chin music right on Benoit. HBK slowly crawls over and HHH runs in the ring and hits the pedigree on HBK. Benoit and the referee are starting to wake up. Benoit gets one arm across HBK and the referee counts to three. ****1/4 damn HHH and his run in.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ROH Boiling Point: Mike Mondo v.s Roderick Strong.

I wasn't expecting much out of this to honest but Mondo showed me he is a hell of a competitor here. As the the match progressed I started to want to see him more and more of the regular roster. He took it right to Strong from the very beginning. He had some very vicious headbutts and some violent intentions. He may have even broke Strong's nose in this match with a series of a headbutts to the bridge of the nose. The action kept intensifying through out this. However at one point it went from being a straight up, non-stop fight to a exchange of big moves. It just jolted the match, not really into the next gear just towards the eventual end. I was enjoying the melee this two were putting on. Seeing how brutal this got at times was what made this match, I'm glad this match surprised me.

***1/4-***1/2