Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE NXT 08/08/2012 - CJ Parker vs. Kassius Ohno

Parker gets some offense but this bout is a showcase for Ohno. Nice heel tactic with him using the ring skirt. The roaring elbow was deadly as was the final big boot off the charge. *1/2 OhNo has the best beard in the world right now.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE NXT 08/08/2012 - Tamina Snuka & Paige vs. Caylee Turner & Kaitlyn

Caylee Turner is Alicia Fox’s sister which means i dislike her already and DALE is marking for her :side: Kaitlyn is kinda subtle slide into heelishness while maintaining her goofy character and by default became the workhorse of the duo. This next bout was nothing bad but it was nothing good either, i didn't like the cradle for the pin cause it seems evey divas match is some awful finish with some cheap rollup. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE NXT 08/08/2012 - Gold Rush Tournament quarter final: Bo Dallas vs. Jinder Mahal

Jim Ross rejoins for commentary. The winner of this match will face Richie Steamboat in the semifinals. It was a average match but it shouldn't of been the main event, Jinder should never be a main event. Dallas played the energy filled rookie and Mahal played the veteran who out experienced and slow rest holds to beat Dallas down and get the pin. **1/2 The WWE sees something in Mahal, but i don't see it i just see another guy who is a diffent skin colour so in the WWE's eye means he must be pushed. The guy is safe in the ring doing the same slow spots and rest holds in every match, i just can't get into the guy.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Superstars 08/09/2012 - Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel vs. Curt Hawkins & Tyler Reks

I swear this is like the third or fourth time this match has taken place on Superstars the past 2/3 months. Kidd and Gabriel are in matching lime green ring gear, nice, I like matching teams colors. This was good match i really liked it know everyone was salivating for a Kidd singles push but I know the WWE and some guys just won’t make it, Kidd (and Gabriel) are two of those guys. which sucks but I could watch these 4 have a year long tag feud. FUCK THE PISS TIME PLAYAZ. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Superstars 08/09/2012 - Santino Marella vs. Michael McGillicutty
Scott Stanford and Josh Mathews talked about Santino's quest to touch McGillicutty's beard on Santino's Foreign Exchange. AWESOME. This was more fun them i expected it to be, Santino showed he's not awful like people think and he can go when hes not doing Comedy spot just to get a pop, normally i would say 12 minutes is too long for santino but McGillicutty made it work. **1/2

WWE Superstars 08/09/2012 - Zack Ryder vs. Tensai (w/Sakamoto)
I could not get into this at all for some reason, it just didn't click. Tensai at this point reminds me of what KANE use to be/still is the midcard giant who beats all all of the babyfaces with his shitty offense. * 8 minutes was far too long for these two.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 06/29/2000 - Eddie Guerrero (w/Chyna) & Rikishi vs. Chris Benoit & Val Venis

This resulted from their individual matches on Raw plus Rikishi and Val still have their issues. This was a pretty solid brawl match to start of the night until the overbooking with Too Cool and T&A came down. It did need more Eddie/Benoit interaction tho. ** Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay clear Benoit and Val from the ring while Eddie goes to help out Chyna. Eddie and Chyna take care of T&A and all five faces stand tall in the ring together while the heels retreat. Rikishi and Too Cool then pull out the shades and invite Eddie and Chyna to join in the post-match dance.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 06/29/2000 - Kurt Angle vs. Hardcore Holly

Angle first gets on the mic and insults Hardcore’s lack of hair or his protruding buck teeth yet Hardcore mocked him by kicking his crown when it’s hard to find a crown repair shop in this town. Angle calls Hardcore no different from any of the peasants who want out of Hartford before they kill themselves. :lmao As for the match it was another good one, Hardcore is pretty underrated plus i give him mad respect for gutting out his legit injury to finish it. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 06/29/2000 - Kane vs. Christian (w/Edge)
So on RAW the BOD squashed the new tag champs and now we've gonna see if E&C can get it done in singles's, WAIT shouldn't it be the other way round. And he does it in a surprisingly good match even if it did take another random attack from TAZ and some help from Edge. *3/4 THE DEBUT OF THE CON-CHAIR-TO

WWF Smackdown 06/29/2000 - The Undertaker vs. Edge (w/Christian)
So Christian pinned Kane yet Taker squashes Edge. After the match Christian comes in and chopblocks Taker in the knee allowing he and Edge to double-team Taker in a corner. Suddenly Kane makes his out for the save and he and Taker quickly make short work of the tag team champs. Kane then chokeslams Christian while Taker takes Edge out by debuting his new elevated powerbomb, I wonder if that move would stick 8D and E&C are out. DUD!!!!!!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 06/29/2000 - WWF Hardcore Title: Crash Holly vs. Al Snow (w/Head)

Snow comes out first to his old theme dressed in his old tights but hides under the ring. Crash then heads out and looks for his plunder under the ring when Snow surprises him and gets in the first shots. Snow slams Crash onto the ramp then tosses him in the ring before pulling various weapons from under the ring. Snow grabs a chair when Crash dropkicks it in his face but Snow comes back and chokes Crash with a cable. Crash waffles Snow with a trash can lid then leaps off the steps and hits a huricanrana. Snow nails Crash in the back with a trash can for a two count on the floor before tossing him back in the ring. Snow whacks Crash with a handicap sign then chases after Crash when he tries to flee into the crowd. Snow tosses Crash back over the barricade then grabs a popcorn tray from a vendor and hammers Crash with it. Snow throws Crash back and some weapons in the ring then jabs him with a broom and breaks it on his back before working him over with the handle. Snow whips Crash while swinging a chair but Crash ducks the shot and DDT’s onto the chair for a two count. Snow nails Crash with a trash can lid then whips him into a corner and hits a bodyblock. Snow then grabs his infamous bowling bag and pulls out a bowling shirt which he slips on then rolls the bowling ball and it hits Crash between the legs. Crash tries to walk out of the match while still reeling but Snow cuts him off and brings him back in the ring. Snow then tosses the steps in and grabs them when Crash whacks them with a chair and they fall onto Snow. Snow is down as Crash again tries to leave the ring but then realizes he forgot his belt and heads back to get it as we see Steve Blackman coming down the ramp with his nunchucks and another referee. Blackman beats Crash down with the nunchucks then covers him as his referee counts 1..2..3 for the win! Blackman finally has a championship thanks to the 24/7 rule and takes it while Crash and Snow are both out. Okay stuff but Blackman winning the belt would do wonders for his WWF run. *1/2 Back from break we get a replay of Steve Blackman taking out Crash to win the Hardcore Title. We then find the Mean Street Posse and referee Mike Sparks lying in wait for Blackman to walk by backstage. Once Blackman reaches his car the Posse swarm him but Blackman is able to fight all three of them off with ease. Blackman then asks the referee if he wants some too and the referee backs away while Blackman departs for the night.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Smackdown 06/29/2000 - Triple H, Road Dogg & X-Pac (w/Stephanie) vs. Chris Jericho & The Dudley Boyz

Damn good 6 man main even this week, Fast paced main event full of intensity with all 6 having already having problems with each other and given 10 minutes it really delivered. After the match Triple H and Stephanie celebrate another DX victory when Bubba comes in and nails Triple H from behind. Stephanie slaps Bubba but Bubba grab her and sets her up for a powerbomb through the table still at ringside but X-Pac saves her with a low blow. Jericho comes in and tosses X-Pac over the ropes as well. Triple H clotheslines Bubba from the apron but Jericho hits the springboard dropkick which sends Triple H falling through the table. Stephanie tends to her fallen husband and Jericho glares down at the both of them as the show goes off the air. ***1/4 I didn't like HHH no selling the 3D tho.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Hardcore Justice 2012: Gunner & Kid Kash v.s Hernandez & Chavo Guerrero.

Ultimately this was just a fun, little opener. Of course Chavo doesn't look too impressive though. He really shouldn't be getting a push, he should probably stay in this realm of TNA. The match had a simple objective and accomplished it. It's not too much but a fun way to open an event. I'm sure it's going to get a hell of a lot messier as the show goes on.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Hardcore Justice 2012: Falls Count Anywhere- RVD v.s The Pope v.s Magnus v.s Mr. Anderson.

This turned out better than I expected. It probably helped Aces & Eights killed The Pope before the match. At least the way The Pope was screaming it made it sound like he was dying. RVD follows up by trying to declare himself the winner even though he has two other opponents. This was hilarious, also the way RVD starts the match was awesome too. RVD should be allowed to just smoke blunts on TV instead of just backstage. It's PPV give me some sort of break. The match itself was alright. It was good Falls Count Anywhere match with some pretty good action at points. Anderson almost makes Magnus lose an eye with the sloppy way he threw him into the steps but that was my only major complainant with Anderson here. Magnus gets him back for not taking a DDT on a chair later. The chair was useless anyways because they were already outside the ring. So that was my gripes, RVD did his normal stuff and looked a bit lazy at times but that is to be expected. Still a decent match in the end.

**1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Hardcore Justice 2012: TV Title Match- Kazarian v.s Brother Devon(c).

Simplistic match. If you've seen most Devon title defenses this was about the same(I've sat through all of them unless he had some on Xplosion). At one point Kazarian's style in the ring gets him caught but it was the most interesting spot of the match with how Devon saved it with a body slam on the floor. It was sloppy at times too. Kazarian was just off tonight. This match shouldn't have not even happened. It was not even scheduled. There are big matches to come that could have used this time better. Still I guess it could have been much worse. It just seemed pretty much like a waste of time.

*1/2

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Hardcore Justice 2012: Tables Match- Bully Ray v.s Mr. Anderson v.s Robbie E v.s Jeff Hardy.

I had already written a good sized paragraph for this match but I lost it due computer complications. It mostly talked about Bully Ray making Robbie E look like a fool pretty much the entire match. Yep, it was all Ray here. He screwed around until he found an opening to win this match. He is truly the master of the tables match.

TNA Hardcore Justice 2012: X-Division Title Match- Kenny King v.s Zema Ion(c).

This reminded me more of earlier X-Division matches. You know the ones that are really sloppy and overrated because of they are spot heavy. It didn't get too out of control, it just reminded me more of that than the Styles/Daniels/Joe classics. It probably would have been fine if they weren't trying to be too fancy just because they get a shot on PPV. Still it was pretty exciting so I'm not going to give it a terrible rating. They worked damn hard. I'd like to see this again in a couple years.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
TNA Hardcore Justice 2012: Ladder Match- Samoa Joe v.s A.J. Styles v.s Christopher Daniels v.s Kurt Angle.

Are you serious? This was a rocket of a match all the way through. Most of my favorite parts didn't even involve a ladder. The exchanges in the ring just to get their regular stuff in around the ladders was just as vicious as the things they actually did with the ladders. There is a suplex exchange from Joe and Angle on Daniels that was just a special moment. They even continued to work together even tying Daniels up in the ladder. So Angle starts climbing and Joe gets his own ladder as Daniels grabs Angle from inside the ladder. As Joe and Angle get free and go for the 20 points... Styles jumps in out of pretty much nowhere and snatches it. This has to be seen to believe. This was a thrill ride. I don't think I've enjoyed a ladder match this much since Michaels/Jericho.

****1/2