Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2000 - King of the Ring Quarterfinals: Rikishi vs. Chris Benoit

These two wrestled on the last Smackdown before the PPV. In the match, Rikishi defeated Benoit to become the new IC champion. After the match Benoit attacked and injured Rikishi. logically Benoit should get his win back to advance, right? WRONG Rikishi wins by DQ in 3 minutes. UGH this was going to be a good match until it was suddenly cut down, plus there’s no reason Benoit shouldn’t have gone over. Apart from Rikishi being the only over face in the KOTR After the match Benoit continues to wear out Rikishi with the chair before applying the Crossface again. A number of officials storm the ring and pull Benoit off Rikishi but Benoit then climbs to the top rope and leaps over the referees, hitting Rikishi with the diving headbutt. Before applying the Crossface a thrid time. So basically Benoit jobbed the IC title for nothing. 1/2*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2000 - Quarterfinal Match: Eddie Guerrero (w/Chyna) vs. Val Venis (w/Trish Stratus)

Eddie’s cut his hair so we don’t get the mullet. :( The winner moves on to face Rikishi in the next round and Val did almost cost Eddie the European Title on Smackdown so there is some backstory to this and Val is feuding with Rikishi so it's given he's gonna win RIGHT? And i was right. Thia was a damn good match hurt by a lack of heat. But i feel the wrong guy went over since Eddie was the one over with the fans and would have given us a decent semi-final contest. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2000 - Quarterfinal Match: Bull Buchanan vs. Crash Holly

The whole story of the match is Crash is a underdog trying to find a way to win over this monster. The only problem is that no one cared or even believed Bull would win over Crash. Crash wins with a roll up. So Crash gets dominated yet advances on a fluke pin. DUD!!!! Crash advanced while Eddie and Benoit did not. GOOD BOOKING

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2000 - Quarterfinals Match: Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho

Now here’s a match that should have been in the semi-finals or even the finals but instead the winner gets to meet Crash in the next round. Angle comes out first and gets on the mic saying today is a special day for him because he’s going to do what the Bruins, Celtics, Patriots and Red Sox couldn’t do, win the big one. Angle also calls the crowd drunk and unemployed in a Boston accent. Jericho comes out with a mic, telling Angle not to sell himself short since he’s already a king, the king of goofy ring attire, the nerds, and the 30-year old virgins, then wraps up by calling Angle a royal pain. Another fine match between these two i think it's the 4th maybe 5th times they have faced each other in 2000 and it's another match over 3 stars. My only problem with it is i Know Steph is doing a feud with Jericho and is just starting the Love Triangle angle but the run-in from Steph was unneeded plus the ending made Jericho look foolish for falling for that. ***1/4

So with the quarterfinal round done here’s the brackets for the semifinal round. Kurt Angle vs. Crash Holly & Val Venis vs. Rikishi (Well this is not a predictable KOTR)

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2000 - WWF Tag Team Titles, Four-Way Elimination: 2 Cool vs. Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz (w/Lita) vs. T&A (w/Trish Stratus)

Edge and Christian come out first with Christian getting on the mic and greeting the people of “Beantown” before mentioning Boston’s great sports moments. Edge says he and Christian picked one for their 5-second pose today then removes his jacket to reveal a New York Mets jersey while Christian slips on a Red Sox shirt and the two proceed to re-enact the infamous Bill Buckner error from the 1986 World Series. I seem to always forget that Too Cool were given the tag titles during the TLC era. This is elimination rules, so I imagine there will be quick eliminations. This would have been significantly better had they just done 2 Cool versus Edge & Christian. I get the feeling the other two teams were just there so we could see Trish and Lita. And all is right in the world because E&C are tag champs again. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2000 - Semi-Finals: Rikishi vs. Val Venis (w/Trish Stratus)

These two were actually in the midst of one of the most violent feuds of the year. So at least this has some backstory to it. It's just a shame they didn't use that hatred the've been showing the past 3 weeks in this match, i'm C'MON the past 3 weeks they've have violent brawls leaving each other a bloody mess just to come here and wrestle like they've never meet in a 3 minute boring fest. Trish comes in and leaps on Rikishi’s back but Rikishi slings her off to the mat. Rikishi then moves Trish into position and climbs the ropes looking for a Banzai Drop but Val makes the save with a low blow. Val brings the ringsteps in and nails Rikishi right in the shoulder then gets a chair from Trish and whacks Rikishi’s arm with it. Val and Trish storm off and Rikishi is left in the ring holding his arm. This would set up a blowoff match at Fully Loaded. Just a shame they had to have the Angle Advancement match here instead of giving us Benoit/Guerrero I. 1/2*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2000 - Semi-Finals: Kurt Angle vs. Crash Holly

God damn is Angle was over with the fans in Boston. Besides being cheered, there's a lot of signs for Angle. I guess it goes to show how over Angle's antics on the mic were. Crash got his offense in but it was pretty much a squash with the result never in doubt. 1/2*

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT (8/8/12) - Justin Gabriel vs Michael McGillicutty

Fuck McGillicutty is good.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2000 - Hardcore Title, Evening Gown Match: Pat Patterson vs. Gerald Brisco

This match even get a video package :lmao just goes to show how over the feud is :lmao Brisco had come out and attacked Crash Holly during his second KOTR tournament match on Raw against Hardcore Holly. The attack gave Crash the DQ win to go to KOTR PPV. Brisco won the title though. In the back, Brisco and Paterson celebrate until Paterson nails Brisco with a bottle. Paterson covers Brisco to win the belt. The next week, Paterson is hiding out from Brisco in the woman's locker room. Just like any typical night, Pat is in drag. Brisco is aware of Pat's plan though, so he decided to dress in drag to attack him. The two end up rolling around on the floor until Mr. McMahon walks by. He gets fed up and makes this match. On to the match, they try to add some comedy such as Paterson wiping a pad on Brisco's face. The crowd absolutely hates this though. After a couple minutes, Crash Holly runs in with a trash can and another referee and pulls Brisco off Patterson. Crash starts kicking Patterson as Brisco goes for the trash can but Crash kicks him down. Crash tears Brisco’s dress completely off and clobbers Patterson with the trash can then covers him as the second referee makes the count for the win! Crash wins his 10th Hardcore title in the year of 2000. ****3/4

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT (8/8/12) - CJ Parker vs Kassius Ohno

Ohno finishes with a Rolling Elbow to the BACK of the head, looked so sick.

Reactions: 1 person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT (8/8/12) - Caylee Turner & Kaitlyn vs Paige & Tamina Snuka

Nice divas match, Paige was over as fuck, but Kaitlyn was the star here. She's improved so much.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2000 - Handicap Tables/Dumpster Match: X-Pac, Road Dogg & Tori vs. The Dudleyz

For the Dudleys to win they must put all three DX members through tables while the DX’ers have to get both Dudleys in the dumpster and close the lid. The DX’ers push a dumpster to ringisde and Road Dogg does the usual stuff on the mic before the Dudleys come out with their table that has Tori’s name on it. The match wasn’t very interesting other than a few spots but the Dudleys should have finally beaten DX, yet end up losing to them yet again even though people didn’t care about DX anymore. After the match, the Dudleyz hand out a couple of 3Ds and put Tori through a table which would end Tori’s run in the WWF. So the Dudleys get what they want anyway, even though they still lost the match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2000 - King of the Ring Finals: Kurt Angle vs. Rikishi

They try to sell Rikishi's arm injury as a big minus, and that might mean something if he had more than seven minutes of total action in the first two rounds. The last two minutes were a hell of allot of fun just a shame the first 4 was nothing at all. It's still too short to mean anything though. Out of every midcard wrestler you have in the WWE, why would you choose to have Rikishi wrestle three matches? The guy couldn't even remember to sell unless weapons were involved. I know he was popular, but since he had just won the IC title, it's not like he needed more of a boost. *1/2

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT (8/8/12) - Bo Dallas vs Jinder Mahal

MEH! Mahal only did 27 knee strikes here, so he's diversifying his offense a bit. The Reverse STO to Camel Clutch at the end was pretty sweet, I'll give him that.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF King of the Ring 2000 - WWF Heavyweight Title Match, Six-Man Tag: Triple H, Vince McMahon & Shane McMahon (w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) vs. The Rock, The Undertaker & Kane

Whoever from The Rock’s team scores the pin against anyone from Triple H’s team wins the title but if Triple H’s team survives then Triple H faces the KOTR winner for the belt at Fully Loaded. In fact we get a shot of Kurt Angle intently watching the match in the back while drinking milk. AWESOME. Just a shame this match it far from awesome, it's not even good These stipulations are horrible. It's basically a fatal four way handicap match, but it's just a mess at times. Now Hunter has lost his belt despite not being pinned when he was the legal man. So the Rock wins his 5th WWF Championship, only good thing to come from this match was the Jericho/HHH & Benoit/Rock feud which would start the next night. *3/4 The Shane "YOUNG SIMBA" McMahon spot with the table was sick.