Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WCW Souled Out 2000 - WCW World Championship: Chris Benoit vs Sid Vicious
This was WCW last hope at attempting to get Benoit to stay It's actually a very good big man vs small man match, it reminded me of the KANE/Benoit match from Badd Blood (which reminds me i must watch that again) Sid played the strong big man very well here selling for Benoit while Benoit was clinical in chopping the big man down to size from his knees. It's a shame that the whole Benoit/Contract thing was the only reason they gave him the title, on a side note Benoit was stripped of the title the next night because everyone in WCW new he left to go to the WWF and this was his final WCW match. ***1/4 - ***1/2

WWF Smackdown 24/05/2001 - WWF World Tag Team Champions Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz (TLC III)
During this summer, Benoit and Jericho were the heroes of the WWF while HHH was out injured, Rock was out shooting movies and Austin joined the devil himself and turn heel. This was the first TLC match and one of the few ladder matches ever on free TV at this point. And just like the past 2 TLC matches in the past it was crazy, I loved Benoit "BREAKING HIS RIBZ and then returning cause he didn't want to leave his partner" Stuff like that added so much to the match. But this was proof that WWF was starting to panic a bit and was running their workhorses into the ground because they didn't have enough main event talent on the show. ****1/2 I should add the "CONCHAIRTO" to Benoit's ribs might be my second favorite spot after Austin suplexing those same injured ribs into the announce table, spot of all time.

Last edited:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Mike Quackenbush, Jigsaw & The Throwbacks vs BDK (Sara Del Rey, Daizee Haze, Tursas & Pinkie Sanchez) - CHIKARA: Aniversario Elf

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 07/10/2000 - Elimination Match: The Hardy Boyz (w/Lita) vs. Too Cool vs. T&A (w/Trish Stratus)

The Hardys go right after Test and Albert as the Too Cool guys watch while Lita chases Trish around the ring. Eventually Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sexay join in and work over Albert while Matt and Jeff suplex Test. The Hardys clothesline Test over the ropes while Scotty and Sexay whip Albert and drill him with a double DDT then Scotty covers Albert who powers out of the cover. Scotty gets in his shots and goes for a whip, Albert reverses and presses Scotty up and Scotty slips out but Albert clotheslines him in the back of the head. Albert comes off the ropes going for a splash but misses it and Scotty busts a move before hitting an elbowdrop. Sexay tags in and nails Albert with a clothesline but Albert doesn’t go down. Sexay hits a second clothesline and Albert still stays on his feet so Sexay comes off the ropes for a third clothesline but this time runs into a boot. Test tags in and clubs Sexay in the back then whips him into a corner and charges but eats a boot. Sexay hops to the middle rope and nails Test with a tornado DDT. Test staggers into the Hardys’ corner where Sexay and Matt take turns getting their shots on Test but Test decks Matt and the referee counts it as a tag. Matt has words with Test when Sexay comes up and suplexes Matt from behind then whips him into a corner. Sexay goes for a splash but Matt sidesteps it then hops to the middle rope and hits the guillotine legdrop for two. Mat tags Jeff and whips Sexay into a corner then drops to the mat allowing Jeff to connect with the Poetry in Motion. Sexay fights back and applies a headlock when Jeff shoves him into the ropes but Sexay hits a shoulderblock. Sexay then comes off the ropes and slides under Jeff before going for a back suplex but Jeff flips out of it. Jeff comes off the ropes and goes for a crossboy but the two of them end up knocking heads and are both down. Sexay is up first and throws Jeff through the ropes when Test tags himself in. Test drops Jeff onto the barricade before throwing him back in then tags in Albert and the two whip Jeff into a corner. Test whips Albert into Jeff then nails him with a boot that gives Albert a two count. Test tags back in and pounds Jeff down in a corner then slams Jeff to the mat. Test climbs to the middle rope and leaps off but Jeff gets his feet up to block him. Jeff ducks a clothesline and lunges at Matt to tag him and Matt tees off on Test and caps off with a discus right. Matt goes for a whip, Test reverses him into a corner but eats an elbow and Matt hits a flying clothesline. Test sets Matt up for the pump-handle slam but Matt flaots over him and shoves him into Scotty on the apron. Matt nails Test with the Twist of Fate then tags in Jeff who climbs to the top rope and hits the Swanton Bomb. However Albert nails Matt then plants Jeff with a chokebomb and rolls Test on him to get the first elimination. Trish celebrates the Hardy’s loss when Lita knocks her down and starts to catfight with her on the floor. However Albert comes over and pulls Lita off Trish by the hair then holds her while Trish clotheslines her down. Matt comes off the apron and Albert catches him in a bearhug when Jeff leaps over the ropes hitting a pescado. In the ring Test knocks Sexay through the ropes when Scotty comes off the ropes and nails Test with the bulldog. Scotty then goes for the Worm when Tazz suddenly runs in the ring and chokes him out with the Tazzmission. Tazz then departs while Test climbs to the top rope and connects with the flying elbowdrop for the victory. Tazz walks out without saying another word as Test celebreates with Trish and Albert. ** Solid match but I don’t see why the Hardys had to job to T&A yet again. Plus the crowd wasn’t into it much, though they did pop for the Worm and got mad when they were denied it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWF Raw Is War 07/10/2000 - WWF Intercontinential Title: Val Venis vs. Kane vs. Rikishi

This was set up because Val beat Rikishi for the title on Smackdown and then hit KANE in the head with the title in the Taker/Kane vs. T&A match. Val also has a shorter haristyle that he’d use for the rest of his WWF run. Rikishi goes out to meet Val in the aisle and throws him into the ringsteps before tossing him in the ring. Kane gets in his shots on Val then whips him and connects with a big boot before clotheslining him in a corner. Rikishi follows up with the running butt splash on Val then starts going at it with Kane and superkicks him down. Rikishi then sees Val down in a corner and moves in to deliver the stinkface but Kane sits up and interupts him. Those two exchange shots and Kane gets the advantage but Rikishi comes back and hits a Samoan Drop. Rikishi hits the massive legdrop on Kane and whips him but lowers the head and Kane rams him into the mat. Kane clotheslines Rikishi when Val chops Kane in his knee then stomps away at it as Rikishi rolls to the floor. Val goes out and throws Rikishi into the steps then rolls back in where Kane greets him with a clothesline. Val works Kane over in a corner and goes for a whip but Kane reverses him hard into the opposite corner. Kane scoops Val on his shoulder when Val slips out then whips Kane and hits a clothesline but it has no effect. Val comes off the ropes and ducks under a boot then dropkicks Kane’s hurt knee and continues kicking at it. Kane comes back with a press slam onto the ropes then climbs to the top rope and hits the flying clothesline. Kane covers Val but Rikishi makes it back in the ring and breaks up the pin with a legdrop on Kane’s head. Rikishi whips Val and Val hits a DDT but it has no effect as Rikishi pops right back up and superkicks him. Rikishi clotheslines Kane and charges at Val in a corner but misses and runs his shoulder into the turnbuckles. Val hits Rikishi with a Russian legsweep then climbs to the top rope but Kane cuts him off with an uppercut. Kane decks Val off the turnbuckles and out to the floor when Rikishi nails him with the running butt splash. Rikishi drops Kane with a right hand then climbs the ropes looking for the Banzai Drop but Val breaks it up. Kane knocks Val back off the apron then turns back toward Rikishi and goes for a whip but Rikishi reverses it. Kane grabs Rikishi by the throat but Rikishi headbutts out of the chokeslam and clotheslines him over the ropes. Kane lands on his feet and snaps Rikishi’s neck on the ropes but Val comes over and DDT’s him into the floor. Val brings his IC belt in the ring and takes a swing with it but misses and Rikishi drops Val with a right hand. Rikishi grabs the belt himself but the referee takes it away so Rikishi plants Val with a belly-to-belly suplex. Rikishi then hits Val with another running butt splash in a corner and this time is able to hit the stinkface on him. Val is reeling but grabs his belt again and clocks Rikishi in the head with it, drawing a DQ to end this. Kane comes back in and plants Val with a chokeslam but it’s still after the fact as Val keeps the title. ** A DQ in a triple threat match :hm:

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Tim Donst vs Soldier Ant - CHIKARA: Aniversario Elf

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
BDK (Ares & Claudio Castagnoli) vs Incoherence (Hallowicked & Frightmare) - Campeonatos de Parejas - CHIKARA: Aniversario Elf

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Eddie Kingston vs Tommy Dreamer - CHIKARA: Aniversario Elf

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Monday Night RAW (8/27/12) - Jack Swagger vs Ryback

More typical Ryback stuff here with Swagger getting some offense in. Not bad, but we've seen this all a good bit of times.

WWE Monday Night RAW (8/27/12) - Layla vs Natayla

I like Nattie getting some ring time on Raw, but this whole match just felt so bleh with Vickie standing on the apron telling them to hurry. Just couldn't care about this one no matter how I tried.

WWE Monday Night RAW (8/27/12) - John Cena vs The Miz

The Cena marks in the first couple of rows annoyed the hell out of me the entire match, one looked like the Brock Lesnar guy though. This was a nice 8-9 minute match, Miz looked good and the crowd was pretty hot the whole time. Easily the best match of the night so far, but that's saying absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Monday Night RAW (8/27/12) - Heath Slater vs Santino Marella

Mostly bad comedy filled with "BORING" chants from the crowd. Slater's air guitar was definitely the best part. This whole Cobra/Aksana angle is so stupid, and Slater could have at least won off the distraction.

WWE Monday Night RAW (8/27/12) - Brodus Clay & Sin Cara vs Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow

Not too bad for what it was, wrong team definitely won though, but I'm kinda' glad they did because Sin Cara dancing with Brodus after the match was by far the greatest thing I've ever seen...ever.

WWE Monday Night RAW (8/27/12) - Daniel Bryan vs R-Truth

The crowd chants "Milwaukee" before the match starts so R-Truth doesn't think he's in Green Bay :lmao. This wasn't meant to be a good wrestling match obviously with Truth cutting the mid-match promo. Bryan gets counted out by having the crowd as hot as they have been and probably will be all night because he's that fucking awesome.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Monday Night RAW (8/27/12) - Alberto Del Rio & Dolph Ziggler vs Randy Orton & Sheamus

Got kinda' distracted during this match, but it looked good from what I saw. Ricardo sliding the briefcase to Ziggler gave me all kinds of fantasies about Ricardo being his manager :mark: The ending was pretty cool to from the Backbreaker by Randy to Brogue Kick from Sheamus, but I have to hate it by default just because Ziggler took the fall.

WWE Monday Night RAW (8/27/12) - David Otunga vs Zack Ryder

Kane on commentary made me not skip this match...and he never said a damn word. After the match Kane started to attack Ryder, but apparently his anger management classes worked (why didn't they think of that years ago when he was setting people on fire?). Ryder/Kane tag team could actually happen after that segment, I think it'd be hilarious and could follow WWE's pattern of making Kane serious and then back into a joke.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ring of Honor Wrestling (8/25/12) - ROH World Tag Team Championship Tournament: Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs The Young Bucks

This match was pretty crazy, especially the last 3-4 minutes. Really enjoyed watching this one, a couple of real cool spots in there. Really wish the Bucks would have won though, but I guess it doesn't matter since neither of these teams were going to win the tournament anyway, at least I doubt C&C will win.

Ring of Honor Wrestling (8/25/12) - QT Marshall vs Tadarius Thomas

Thomas is apparently trained in some ridiculously dangerous Brazilian MMA style that I'm not going to attempt to spell, so he was crazy innovative with some of his strikes, and that was fun to watch, but that's literally all we got from him was strikes. Marshall is much more straight-forward, and I liked how he looked, though his persona and gimmick just screams "Generic Heel." Match was decent-good, Thomas is a crazy athlete, just want to see him do more actually wrestling as well as his kicks.

Ring of Honor Wrestling (8/25/12) - Jay Lethal vs Mike Bennett vs Mike Mondo vs Roderick Strong vs TJ Perkins vs Tommaso Ciampa

Not even close to enough time for anyone to get their shit in for this match, but this also had its advantage as it was just nonstop action the whole way through. Can't really review this one in any way since so much stuff happened in such little time.

Last edited:

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
QT Marshall vs Tadarius Thomas from this week's ROH event.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match - Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio, Extreme Rules 2011

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Bryan Danielson vs. Alex Shelley - 3-11-2006

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE NXT (8/29/12) - Camacho & Hunico vs Jason Jordan & Mike Dalton

This is a return match from a few weeks back where Dalton & Jordan got the upset win over Hunico & Camacho. This match wasn't as good in my opinion, but still very fun to watch. There were a couple sloppy moments, but they didn't hurt too much, and I really liked the finish Hunico used.

WWE NXT (8/29/12) - Big E Langston vs Chase Donovan

20 SECOND SQUASH

WWE NXT (8/29/12) - NXT Championship: Jinder Mahal vs Seth Rollins

The entire NXT roster is on the stage to watch this one, and Howard Finkel is the ring announcer :mark:. This match went around 15-16 minutes, which I would normally say is entirely too long for Mahal, but this was very enjoyable and the crowd was hot the whole way. This was the quintessential bout to determine the first NXT Champion, even though I think they could have put someone other than Jinder against Rollins.

Last edited: