Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Uncensored 1996: Diamond Dallas Page v.s The Booty Man.

Working around Booty Man must fuckin' suck. This was a horribly slow match. The development to each spot was more like watching a horrible movie changing scenes. It just didn't connect. The exchanges were all over the place they didn't correspond at all. Well this was the match and yeah and it lasted way to damn long.

3/4*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Wrath of the Racket - HWA Title #1 Contender: Nigel McGuinness vs. Chet Jablonski (w/Brock Guffman)

It was OK, Nigel was not the Nigel you would come to see and love from 06-10. He was still learning his craft at this point and had some sweet counters. *3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Midnight Express Reunion - Homicide (w/Julius Smokes) vs. Nigel McGuinness

This was a pretty good match with a great story of Nigel's European style kept the brawling style of Homicide grounded. This really showed how skilled Nigel was and it also showed that Homicide could take it to the Mat if needed. They wrestled a methodical and smart pace with all their movements and holds which made for a fun match. *** The only thing this match lacked was heat from the crowd.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Night of the Grudges 2 - Soccer Riot Match: Colt Cabana vs. Nigel McGuinness

That went on a little long, but it was pretty fun for the most part. The comedy stuff (which to be fair, they’ve always been good at) was right on, and the Soccer Riot rules led to a lot of new exchanges, which we hadn’t seen before. The brawl in the crowd didn’t go on too long, something I was very happy to see and the table spot looked pretty brutal. **3/4 I still prefer the match they had in Dayton.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Dragon Gate Invasion 2005 - ROH Pure Title: Samoa Joe vs. Nigel McGuinness

I thought the story was totally brilliant here. With McGuiness being so focused on “breaking out” of the midcard that he was just doing whatever he could to beat Samoa Joe. I loved how Nigel's strategy here would be his blueprint to how his Pure title reign would play out and really pushed him from the guy who was poised to be in the main event to a main event level guy. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Unscripted II - ROH Pure Title: Austin Aries vs. Nigel McGuinness

This is a tremendous match and definitely one of the best Pure Title matches in ROH. The early matwork was given some meaning by Aries demonstrating an ability to out wrestle Nigel, whilst Nigel seemed to have all Austin’s trademark offence scouted. Their was a couple of times that you saw they were stalling to come up with something to do next, and I thought the early ropebreak used by Nigel was a little disconnected to the rest of the match. The only thing that hurt this match noticeably was that Aries started selling the right arm, then switched to the left towards the end of the match but other then that this was pretty damn good. ***1/2 They would have 2 way better match down the road tho.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH “Unified” 2006 - ROH World Championship & ROH Pure Championship Unification Match: ROH World Champion Bryan Danielson vs. ROH Pure Champion Nigel McGuinness

A video is shown of Nigel winning the Pure Title back at Dragon Gate Invasion and Danielson winning the ROH World Championship at Glory by Honor IV. Clips of Danielson’s dominance are shown as well as clips of Nigel’s reign over the Pure division. This match is in fact contested under Pure Rules. There’s no way one title won’t change hands tonight as both titles can change hands by disqualification and count out. If there is a double decision the match will be restarted so that the titles will be unified no matter what.

I always get emotional watching this match after the ring post spot, but this match is FUCKING AMAZING it's full of violence, great wrestling and perfect story telling. The chemistry these two have for me is top 10 of all time. Both guys played the role of who was heel and who was face perfectly, with Nigel being in his home town so he was the home town hero so the crowd was rooting for him from the start. And Danielson was in full on ASSHOLE/PIECE OF SHIT/DICK mode and he had to cause he was kinda out of his element with it being pure rules and it being Nigel's home town so he had to do whatever it took for him to come out with a win. Easily one of the best matches in ROH history, one of the best matches of both guys’ careers, and one of the most classic matches ROH has had. No doubt about it, if you have not seen this match, you need to. Unless your one of those Indy haters so i won't bother with you. ****3/4 Did i mention The spot on the post was sick. http://postimage.org/image/fq39b62oz/

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Glory By Honor V, Night 2 - GHC Heavyweight Championship: Naomichi Marufuji vs. Nigel McGuinness

I'm pretty sure 98% of the people already knew who was gonna win but that didn't stop the crowd from being into it from bell-to-bell, Hell of a contest, but It didn't hold up like i remembered. The last seven minutes were fucking insane, but i couldn't help but feel they didn't know what they were going for before the ending so in the end we got some really good arm and leg work which got forgotten by the end. ***3/4 - ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ROH Fifth Year Festival: Finale - Fight Without Honor: Nigel McGuinness vs. Jimmy Rave

This was maybe the most fun I've had watching a Rave match. This was entertaining and some of the bumps were spectacularly brutal. It’s a hell of a match, it's not quite a MOTY but it is still the 2nd best Rave match ever. I think the Tower of London on the guardrail would have been a more fitting ending instead of the Jawbreaker which really did break Rave's jaw. ****

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Uncensored 1996: Loch Ness v.s The Giant.

Terrible. Do I really need analyze this? All you have to know is if you knock down Loch Ness you can beat him. Pretty much.

DUD

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Uncensored 1996: Street Fight for Future Tag Team Title Shot- The Road Warriors v.s Booker T & Sting.

This was a pretty decent fight at first but goes on about 10-15 minutes too long. You can't really have Sting facing off against a team like the Road Warriors for this long. This thing dragged like no tomorrow. Also, it doesn't help when you watch both Hawk and Animal no-sell Piledrivers, one of which that was outside the ring. I know they always do this but that doesn't mean I have to get used to liking it. Late in the match since the Road Warriors can't lose cleanly we have to waste even more time to incorporate a finish that doesn't hurt their credibility. However losing to Sting in any shape or form really doesn't hurt your career. Before we even get to the end of the match we have Sting take off to the back as Booker T takes a beating in the ring. This lasts a good minute and makes Sting look like an awful tag team partner. He comes back with TWO Broomsticks. One for him and his partner right? Nope, he uses both them himself until the Road Warriors use them and destroy them on their opposition. Nice waste of time to get to the over the top finish. So we have Booker T who gets fed up with the match and says he's walking out. This prompts Animal to go after him backstage where Lex Luger is waiting. They attack him with Jimmy Hart screaming like a mad man and they eventually tie him up. They also show what is going in the ring but it was pretty much just recycled spots from earlier in the match. Now Booker T feels okay enough to go back to help his partner. Well some how someway Hawk gets the advantage after about a minute. It then takes Booker's Brother Stevie Ray to show up with a steel chair to cost the Road Warriors the win FINALLY. Well if it was just a 10 minute brawl with quick, impactful finish this could have been alright but this was just a waste of my time.

3/4*

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WWE RAW 1000 - Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara & Sheamus vs. Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler & Alberto Del Rio

Not really a fan of six man tag matches but they had a good lineup of superstars here and could of put on a nice match but end up booking a short match. Could of been good but was way too short. And Super Sheamus has to pick up yet another victory..

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
NWA The Great American Bash '90 - NWA United States Tag Team Championships: Midnight Express (c) vs Wild-Eyed Southern Boys

Oh man this match was great, got a ton of time and some great exchanges. The crowd was so hot, and there were some nice false finishes. Perfect way to start a PPV.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
NWA The Great American Bash '90 - Big Van Vader vs Z-Man

This was Vader's debut match, so of course it was a squash. I think they should have made it quicker and had him look a little more dominant and stiff though.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
NWA The Great American Bash '90 - The Fabulous Freebirds vs The Steiner Brothers

Pretty good stuff here, it dragged at some parts, but it managed to keep me interested the whole way. I hated how weak they made the Freebirds though, but the crowd owned them with heel heat, and the ending was pretty hot.