• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Hardcore TV 07/28/1995: ECW World Television Champion Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero

It was all Eddie/Dean just clean, crisp, smoothe (all the words that are cool) technical, mat classic for TV everything you would expect from these two. you should deff check this out allong with all their other matches. ***3/4 AND C'MON WWE I NEED A Eddie vs. Dean set PLEASE.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
NWA Saturday: David Isley & Paul Lee v.s The Garvins.

I think was a little before Jimmy Garvin started tagging with Michael Hayes. This was a little different from the last two squashes as Ron Garvin did his usual stomping and pounding on his ground opponent... And that was it. He just put his knee over one of these jobbers throats for the pin when he felt his beating was sufficient enough.

1/4*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
CyberSlam 02/17/1996: Shane Douglas vs. Cactus Jack

This was near to the end of Cactus’ anti-hardcore angle, as Shane returned from the WWF to find Jack had signed there, and was now determined to make him change his mind by beating the hardcore back into him. YEAH! This was pretty crazy stuff here not the best technically sound match, but they got the point of the match over well. Plus this match is famous for 2 reasons 1. This would end up setting up Whipreck-Foley for his farewell match. and 2. This was the first time Foley did the handcuff/Chair spot and for those who don't know it's the spot him and Rock did in the '99 Rumble I Quit match. ***1/2

Kiffy Lube

NWA Saturday: Ryan Wagman? v.s Ron Simmons.

Only single match I've seen thus far on this program. It was a straight forward squash as well. Before this there was a 6-man tag with The Road Warriors & Ivan Koloff getting a tune up match for their future 6-man tag team title shot. I wasn't paying much attention so I just jumped into this one. Simple stuff but I'm big fan of Simmons around this time even more so too as he improved over the next couple years.

1/4*

Kahuna

Jericho vs Sheamus on Smackdown last night.

Pretty decent match, lot of false finishes and near falls. They even kicked out of eachothers finishers a few times, I think people on here from what I've read in regards to Sheamus need to reassess their opinion, he can go. Very decent match.

Kiffy Lube

NWA Saturday: 2 more jobbers v.s The Varsity Club.

Since The Varsity Club had interchangeable members at times I should mention it was in fact Rick Steiner and Mike Rotunda... You know the best pair. I preferred Steve Williams as their singles guy but he did spent more time feuding with them than being apart of them. Plus Williams has more than enough quality tag team matches for AJPW. The finish here was laughable after mostly just strikes by The Varsity Club. Steiner rolls up one of his opponents in a pin but the guy's shoulders weren't on the mat at all. The referee counts rather quickly and that is all she wrote.

1/4*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Jericho vs Sheamus on Smackdown last night.

Pretty decent match, lot of false finishes and near falls. They even kicked out of eachothers finishers a few times, I think people on here from what I've read in regards to Sheamus need to reassess their opinion, he can go. Very decent match.

It's only Hatred and i think he only says it cause Sheamus is a face. Now i'm a Sheamus fan and enjoy his work but he doesn't tell like 88% of the moves done to him.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
The Doctor Is In 08/03/1996: Chris Jericho vs. Too Cold Scorpio

They worked really hard, but it looked like they tired to pull out a Dean/Eddie match but instead it just looked like a 2003 ROH match (No disrespect) don't get me wrong at times it was clean like the monkey flips spot but once it finished i was like Eddie and Dean did it better. Once they got past that it got better and better. Then they got to the finish which was anti-climaxical cause they've been going at it for 20minutes already. They had the crowd eating up @ 15 minutes but kept stretching out which hurt them in the end. ***1/2

Kiffy Lube

NWA Saturday: Max McGuyver v.s Larry Zbyszko.

This squash ends the show. Larry was pretty awesome, though. He also had a great promo afterwards.

1/4*

Kiffy Lube

WCW Great American Bash 1990: United States Tag Team Title Match- The Southern Boys v.s The Rock N' Roll Express.

Excellent opener. It's still a little odd watching The Southern Boys as faces but they are in the ring with veterans like Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane so I don't have to worry too much. Some fun exchanges, you got the usual babyface start from WCW tag matches with this kind of talent where they would start hot until the heels would do something dastardly to take control for a while. Smothers exchanging Karate type moves with Stan Lane was interesting for me. Hell, Smothers hit some awesome Savate kicks that were better than anything Lane did during the match. Eaton also hit an amazing Alabama Jam that I just have to mention, love that move. If it wasn't for the weak babyface tag comeback from Smothers this match would have been pretty amazing but my god... the double sunset flip he hit on both Midnight Express members was just awful and I didn't buy it at all. It's like the double dropkick where you hit each opponent with one leg... These moves never seem to come off very well. The finish was sometime after this but it too was extremely sloppy with outside interference from Jim Cornette. In the end Eaton wins with a roll up.

Kiffy Lube

WCW The Great American Bash: The Z-Man v.s Big Van Vader.

A fun, Vader squash. Z-Man just couldn't handle the MAN from the Rocky Mountains.

1/2*

The New F'n Show

Clash of the Champions XXVIII - WCW United States Championship: “Stunningâ€￾ Steve Austin vs. Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat

This is the match that would end up being the match that ended Steamboat’s career. Sad day for shore. But as for the match it's self i call it one of the greatest wrestling exhibitions in WCW history. It has beautiful counters and transitions. Amazing psychology which was done to perfection e.g just when you think Austin is going to escape or start being in control of the match he would be cut off by Steamboat and Steamboat counters to get back on the offense. And just when you think Steamboat is going to pull off a few high impact moves to put him away, Austin gets the knees up out of desperation. It's a formula that works and is now one of the most used formula's in wrestling today. I also loved the finish with Steamboat’s babyface comeback and the series of insane near-falls on a desperate Austin just for Austin to comeback and Steamboat finally pulling it out with a roll up like on Flair at the Chi-Town Rumble in 1989 to win the title. ****1/2 I may be overrating it but that's just the mark coming out of me.

You didn't overrate this, it was that good.

The New F'n Show

Hardcore TV 07/28/1995: ECW World Television Champion Dean Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero

It was all Eddie/Dean just clean, crisp, smoothe (all the words that are cool) technical, mat classic for TV everything you would expect from these two. you should deff check this out allong with all their other matches. ***3/4 AND C'MON WWE I NEED A Eddie vs. Dean set PLEASE.

I don't know if it is what you are watching these off of but the Highspots Eddie-Dean Set is great.

Last edited: