Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Destination X 2012 - Bound For Glory Series Match: Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

This is definitely one of my favorite rivalries in TNA history. So i'm pretty pumped for this. Just another fantastic match between these two which kinda makes me want to watch some of their '06 matches again. The match was full of countering spots and psychology, just like you'd expect, and the finish leaves the door open for a rematch down the line. That submission victory earns Joe ten points and now puts him in the lead over James Storm. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Destination X 2012 - Last Man Standing Match: AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

Well this was my 3rd favorite TNA feud of all time until this time last year when they started feuding for the 87th time in 10 years. And as the months go on the dramatic soap story line just got worse and worse. I love Styles and Daniels but I hope this is the last they wrestle each other for a very long time, because we've seen it ten billion times. Okay now the match it's self was bloody and wild one it's prob the best match these two have had together in like 5/6 years. It was brutal and violent from bell-to-bell just as it needed to be seeing how long the feud has been going on for. Abyss should take some notes thumbtacks and whatever that is sick does not need to be used every time. And i love the table spot because it felt important because it meant something and wasn't just another spot you’ve seen that has been done a billion times over the past fifteen years. **** - ****1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Destination X 2012 - Ultimate X Match for the TNA X-Division Title: Mason Andrews vs. Zema Ion vs. Kenny King vs. Sonjay Dutt

As much as you know i dislike Zema Ion allot, but I like that finish. It’s about the only way he could win an X-Division championship in my opinion because to me. They attempted to go balls-to-the-wall but it failed seeing as Dutt injured himself in the first big spot of the match and from then the match went slow and was lame spot after spot that has been done 100's of times. This needed more time, but that could have something to do with what happened to Sonjay. I’m not sure though. Afterwards, Zema Ion dedicates his title win to his haters and most of all Jesse Sorenson while some fans chant “TRANSITION” at him. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
TNA Destination X 2012 - TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Bobby Roode vs. Austin Aries

Fantastic match. I wasn't sure they'd really pull the trigger here but damnit give them credit they did it Aries is now THE GUY IN TNA. Both men played their roles to perfection, and the crowd was going nuts by the end. Austin Aries looked like the freaking man here. I was skeptical that TNA would go with the hot hand, but I couldn't be happier that they did. Austin Aries has been one of the best wrestlers in wrestling since 2005 and I am so glad that he is getting an opportunity to prove it on bigger and bigger stages. TNA deserves a lot of credit for recognizing that Aries's time was now. I don't know how long Aries's title reign will last, but I will enjoy it for however long it goes. ****1/4 TOTALLY THE TNA MOTY so far.

After the match Aries celebrates with the World title as confetti flies down on him and the crowd continues to chant his name all night long. We close out the show with Austin Aries as our new World Champion.

:aries:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT 07/04/2012 - Sofia Cortez vs. Paige
This was a physical womans match better than your usual divas match that doesn't involve Nattie or Beth facing eachother. *1/4

NXT 07/04/2012 - Seth Rollins vs. Camacho (w/Hunico)
GOD DAMMIT I hate Rollins entrance. Anyway a pretty good match but Rollins Rollins was on the defensive 90% of the match he hit a few cool moves and showed the fans that don't know what he can some, what he does but it didn't last long. I guess because Camacho is much bigger than Seth, and it looked difficult for him to possibly beat Camacho, but they did just right. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT 07/04/2012 - Mike Dalton vs. Kassius Ohno

Pretty much a total squash match here. So it's hard to tell what ohno will be like unless you've followed him since his indy days. 1/2* But i must say i can totally she Ohno do a concussion gimmick where he knocks opponents out.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT 07/04/2012 - Tyson Kidd, Bo Dallas & Seth Rollins vs. Michael McGillicutty, Hunico & Camacho

Great six-man main event . Everyone in this match is talented and hungry which lead to a really fun match. I also like McGillicutty getting a over Kidd which keeps the feud hot. ***

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWF King of the Ring '93 - Mr. Perfect vs Bret Hart

If you haven't seen this match, then you shouldn't be able to call yourself a wrestling fan, fucking awesome.

Reactions: 1 person

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA TNA Weekly PPV #98 (06/09/2004) - NWA World Tag Team Championships: America’s Most Wanted vs. The NYC (Glen Gilbertti and Johnny Swinger) w/ Trinity

Pretty good match i liked the old school Anderson fournular the NYC used working on Harris injured arm throughout the whole match. And AMW were in AMW mode here so they looked great. **1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA TNA Weekly PPV #98 (06/09/2004) - Chris Sabin vs. Michael Shane

These two have been feuding on-and-off for the past year, and this is a Number one contenders match to see who will face the winner of Kaz/Styles later tonight. Another really solid match these two worked well with each other but that was a given seeing how they wrestled allot against each other so they know what's good and what's not. I wish it would of went on longer but with the short time they left us wanting more. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA TNA Weekly PPV #98 (06/09/2004) - Sonjay Dutt vs. D-Ray 3000 vs. Sharkboy vs. David Young
This is a “Gut Check” match where the winner will be looked on favorably by TNA management. David Young was out to end his incredible losing streak and prove to TNA that he belongs. Anyway this match was a mehhh and was only here to just to get Dutt back over and to see Young lose again. 1/2*

NWA TNA Weekly PPV #98 (06/09/2004) - Team Canada (Bobby Rude, Eric Young and Petey Williams) w/ Scott D’more vs. Hector Garza, Jerry Lynn and Heavy Metal
For the second week in a row, Team NWA and Team Mexico joined forces to take on Team Canada led by Scott D’Amore. Both Team Mexico and Team NWA share a mutual hatred for the Canadians, especially D’Amore. It was a Good match with lots of high flying but it was missing something. **

NWA TNA Weekly PPV #98 (06/09/2004) - Triple Jeopardy: Jeff Jarrett vs. Konnan
The rules to this strap match were simple. The person who whips his opponents 10 times first, wins the match. This was boring as fuck and last like 2 minutes, all they did was whip eachother punch and kick oh and Jarrett threw powder in his face. DUD!

NWA TNA Weekly PPV #98 (06/09/2004) - Triple Jeopardy: Jeff Jarrett vs. Konnan vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. BG James
This was a falls count anywhere match and another short/boring match. DUD!

NWA TNA Weekly PPV #98 (06/09/2004) - Triple Jeopardy: Jeff Jarrett vs. The Truth
Well this match is called a "Ghetto Justice" match and truth comes out with a guitar so i'm guessing this is a guitar match?. Anyway another godawful boring match with an Blue finish. So the finish is Killings misses the Axe kick and Jarrett goes outside to to the floor, and gets the guitar and throws the ref down like 3 times and he keeps getting up so Jarrett gets pissed and just KILLS him with the guitar Killings rolls up Jarrett for the win. DUD! The point was to have Killings beat Jarrett. But Killings looks weak, as it basically took 2 of them to wear him down and a ref.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA TNA Weekly PPV #98 (06/09/2004) - X Division Championship: AJ Styles vs. Frankie “The Future” Kazarian

Great back and forth Main Event. With both men put it all on the line in this with high flying moves, mat work and brawling. The style of the match was like a ROH main event.***3/4 It would of been a higher rating but the finish was fucked up "AJ hit this awful spiral tap, not one part of him touched KAZ and the ref counted to 3 even when Kaz kicked out" After the match Dallas is out! He attacks AJ, but AJ escapes. Kid Kash is out, and he lays out AJ with the steel pipe. He and Dallas beat down AJ now, Dallas slams AJ down, and Kash delivers the Frog Splash to AJ! Kash grabs the belt, and stands tall over AJ.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Clash of the Champions XII - NWA United States Championship: ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair vs. Lex Luger

Really good match, This is the 15 minute version of one of their 30 minutes matches the've had in the past, so it's nothing we haven’t seen a million times before. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Clash of the Champions XV - The Young Pistols & Z-Man vs. The Fabulous Freebirds
Not a bad match but it was too short for my liking and i have no idea why it's on the Clash of the Champions DVD, I guess they wanted big names or had some free space to fill. *

Clash of the Champions XVI - Georgia Brawl Battle Royale
The participants are Tom Zenk, Tommy Rich, Bobby Eaton, Ranger Ross, Tracy Smothers, The Great and Mighty Oz, PN News, Buddy Lee Parker, Steve Austin, Dustin Rhodes, Terrence Taylor, Big Josh, Barry Windham, One Man Gang and El Gigante. Yeah! Anyway as many of you know it's veryhard to rate battle royals but this one is Completely boring and not needed on the Clash of the Champions DVD who ever put this on is a fucking idiot and should be fired. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Clash of the Champions XVII - WCW United States Championship: Sting vs. ‘Ravishing’ Rick Rude

Rude’s entrance music it's fucking hilarious it's sounds like one of those 60's soap/Sexual TV shows that should be on after 10. I wish i had a link. Anyway the match was great A rare match where the big huge babyface doesn't overcome all the odds. Everything was booked to perfection to give Rude that extra something as a monster heel that the WWF never seemed to be able to provide for him and to make the crowds hate Paul E even more than they already did. Normally i would be upset that a match with these two only went 4/5 minutes but it was so AMAZING and Sting was selling a leg injury so why make him go 20/30 minutes when they could of cut it down to 5. ***