Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I don't know if it is what you are watching these off of but the Highspots Eddie-Dean Set is great.

I was watching the ECW Unreleased Vol 1 dvd. But i will def check it out.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA TNA Weekly PPV #99 (06/16/2004) - 3 Live Kru vs. The Elite Guard
This was just a 5 minute brawl with on selling, logic or anything. And the brawling really wasn't any good. *

NWA TNA Weekly PPV #99 (06/16/2004) - Trinity vs. Angel
For weeks now, Trinity and Desire have been developing quite a rivalry, with Trinity desperately trying to injure the back of Desire once again. This week, Trinity was out to make a point in her match with TNA PPV newcomer, Angel. So this was basoclly a squash match and was not good at all. Plus i don't think it needed to got 5 minutes they could of cut 9 to 2 and they still would of got the poit over 1/2*

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
WWE Money in the Bank 2011 - WWE Championship: CM Punk vs John Cena (c)

Figured I'd watch this one again seeing as MITB is tonight. Man, that crowd was hot as hell. Great match as well, though I do think some overrate it, it's not *****, but it's close.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Money in the Bank 2011 - WWE Championship: CM Punk vs John Cena (c)

Figured I'd watch this one again seeing as MITB is tonight. Man, that crowd was hot as hell. Great match as well, though I do think some overrate it, it's not *****, but it's close.

I got it at ****3/4 but some of the botches stopped it from being a full 5.

NWA TNA Weekly PPV #99 (06/16/2004) - Ultimate Humiliation Match: The NYC vs. Sonny Siaki and Pat Kenny
So the losers of this match will be humiliated for 30 days, yeah you read it right. This was not a bad match and was allot better then i expected. NYC works very well as a team and did a good job working over as Kenny and Siaki and Kenny did a job covering up that they haven't been teaming together that much. **1/2 Solid stuff.

NWA TNA Weekly PPV #99 (06/16/2004) - Sonjay Dutt vs. Raven
The story is Raven and Sabu was both trained by the Sheik and they both “vow" they would never face eachother but Raven Sheik was dead. And promises were made to be broken. He also says Sabu didn’t deserve to be trained by the Sheik, and he only was because they were related. Raven says Sonjay has nothing to do with this, but if Raven has to maim him, he will if only to get Sabu into the ring. Raven attacks Dutt on the ramp way. This is Raven’s rules they say. Raven slams Dutt to the post and the steel rail, them just beats on him. Raven chokes Dutt at the announce table and yells “Where’s Sabu Tenay!” Dutt tries to fight back with kicks, and now punches. Raven grabs him and power bombs him down. He got a 2 count, because he pulled him up. High knee to Dutt, and again. Raven grabs a mic, and tells Sabu to come out, or he will continue to torture Dutt. Dutt tries to battle back, but Raven takes him back down. Raven has tape, and is taping Dutt’s hands together. Raven has a SCREW DRIVER! He jams it in Dutt’s head! Raven goes and gets a chair…and sets it up. Drop toehold of doom! Raven challenges Sabu again on the mic. The crowd wants Sabu. Another drop toehold of doom, and Raven finishes it. Raven sits in the chair and tells Dutt to call for his buddy, or he will torture him more. Raven tapes Dutt’s feet now, and keeps yelling “Call for your buddy, or I will kill you boy!” Dutt calls out to Sabu…LIGHTS OUT! HERE COMES SABU! They have a stare down, and Sabu checks on Dutt. Raven slaps Sabu! He says the Sheik wouldn’t honor Sabu’s cowardess. Raven says he is a god, Sabu refuses to hit him. Raven just kicks away at him as Raven yells at him. “FIGHT ME! FIGHT ME!” Security is down. DUSTY IS OUT! Raven says he respects Dusty, but this has NOTHING to do with him. Dusty wants to know what happened. He says he is Raven is dishonoring the Sheik, Dusty asks, What ABOUT Raven. Dusty says Raven seems real froggy, well, what about ME? Raven leaves the ring.

This was a nothing match but it was used to further the Sabu/Raven story. Really good stuff here. **

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW The Great American Bash 1990: The Fabulous Freebirds v.s The Steiners.

I kind of remember this being better than this. It was just about as sloppy as the opener at points. A lot of things the Steiners did especially Rick just looked off. Hell, Rick pretty much no sold a double suplex outside the ring, too. The veteran in Jimmy Garvin helped save this spot with a nice closeline to put him back down outside but still there should be no reason to just get right up after that double suplex. I really enjoyed both teams trying to work their own pace with the Steiners trying to ramp it up and get the crowd behind them as The Freebirds did their best to stall and look for openings. Very smart stuff and as much as I think The Freebirds should have got the nod here, it was a pretty generic finish for this kind of match behind the referee's back. Right before the confusion and chaos that was supposed to be seen during the last few moments we got Rick hitting his top rope bulldog. It wasn't even set up that well and didn't even look like a bulldog. It was more like a front face DDT. Then the confusion behind the referee's back that ended up in the favor of the Steiners for the win. Still some good stuff, I think it could have went longer but this wasn't for any sort of tag team titles, just a solid match between two great teams.

***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA TNA Weekly PPV #99 (06/16/2004) - AJ Styles vs. Dallas

This was a very good match. And considering Dallas was still pretty green here it would have to be up to AJ to carry this and he did. Every move Dallas did AJ sold like a champ and it made Dallas look like a threat. I also like seeing AJ use his speed and in ring experience to get Dallas angry that took him off his game which allowed AJ to get the upper-hand. So yeah this match served it purpose of setting up the match next week and was a good way of bringing D-lo back. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA TNA Weekly PPV #99 - NWA World Tag Team Championship: America’s Most Wanted vs. The “Alpha Male” Monty Brown and Abyss w/ Goldi

This was going really well until The Naturals run in. I don't get why the booking team didn't wait until after the match to have the naturals attack AMW with the chairs but i guess they wanted to keep Brown and Abyss looking strong. So it looks like they are gonna be building that feud i guess but back to the match this was a great example of experience and familiarity vs. power and strength and the chemistry all 4 had was great. AMW was in AMW mode aka doing what they do best, Abyss served his purpose of being the wild card/unpredictable one but Brown was the MVP of the match and looked like he was finally getting it. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NWA TNA Weekly PPV #99 - Flag Match: Team NWA (Jerry Lynn, Chris Sabin and “Primetime” Elix Skipper) vs. Team Canada (Petey Williams, Bobby Rude and Eric Young) w/Scott D’more

The rules of the match are You have to defend you opponent’s flag and then mount yours in a neutral corner. Good ol' Russo. This was a very fun 12 minute match and was action packed from bell-to-bell. It wasn't anything these guys haven’t done, but it was a lot of fun to watch. Scott D’more is awesome as the brash and cocky heel coach and he added that heat to the match cause the other heel guys didn't care about heat tonight they just wanted to do their stuff tonight. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Friday Night “ZackDown” 07/13/2012 - Sin Cara vs. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez)

Nothing match that puts over the overaggressive of Del Rio and does nothing for Sin Cara. Cara has become more of “just another WWE Superstar” that is also a Luchadore as opposed to he is the next coming, as they originally pushed him. *3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Friday Night “ZackDown” 07/13/2012 - Christian & Santino Marella vs. Cody Rhodes & Dolph Ziggler (w/Vickie Guerrero)

AHHHHHHH man the was a Average tag match, you would think with the talent involved it would of been better and it looked like it was gonna turn into that but it just ended. I would of given it another 5-7 minutes and then it would have started getting good. **

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Vader VS. The Boss Spring Stampede 1994
Respectable big man outing. Awesome top moonsault by Vader to end it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Friday Night “ZackDown” 07/13/2012 - Great Khali vs. Big Show
Show knockout punch was hilarious DUD!

WWE Friday Night “ZackDown” 07/13/2012 - Ryback vs. Tyler Reks (w/Curt Hawkins)
Ryback SQUASH! DUD!

WWE Friday Night “ZackDown” 07/13/2012 - Justin Gabriel vs. Damien Sandow
Another squash match This is one of the reasons that the NXT/FCW minor league system works for the WWE; it allows these guys to perfect their gimmicks and evolve/grow into themselves. Once they are called up they have an easier time getting over because the gimmick tweaks are already ironed out. 3/4*

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Friday Night “ZackDown” 07/13/2012 - Sheamus vs. Chris Jericho

Another really good match between these two this year. Jericho kept it very interesting countering 90% of Sheamus’ signature spots and finishes, which made it quite fun. He uses every sneaky tactic and scouted Sheamus well (making him look very credible in the loss) but still could not stop the forward momentum of the champ, and Sheamus was his normal really aggresive self. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
CyberSlam 02/22/1997: Tables & Ladder Match - ECW World Tag Team Champions The Eliminators vs. Rob Van Dam & Sabu

This was a garbage spotfeast tag match. There's a lot of spots based around ladders with the action going back and forth for 20 minutes. If you’re going to do a spotfeast ladder match, at least make contact with your guy. *3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Barely Legal 04/13/97: Sabu vs. Tazz

This was actually supposed to happen six months prior, but Torch reporter Bruce Mitchell sent PPV companies a tape of the crucifixion angle and the PPV ended up getting delayed until 1997 because of it. This match has good heat and some good wrestling, and it even has a unique realism going for it, with Taz keeping the advantage after the table spot and Sabu only coming back here and there. But in the end it was Incredibly disappointing as a match but it did have a great buildup. **1/4