Last Wrestling Match Watched 2.0

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG World’s Finest - Ray Rosas vs. Brian Cage-Taylor

Rosas certainly had his moments of sloppiness, but he also showcased some impressive offense and the crowd gave him a surprisingly loud ovation until a slip-up on the ropes. Cage has steadily been improving and could be moving his way up the card pretty soon. **

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG World’s Finest - Candice LeRae vs. Joey Ryan

Before the match Ryan is out in a robe, sans moustache. He makes fun of the Reseda fans with soaps and razors. Sexist remarks about ladies are made. He takes off the robe to reveal a very Andy Kaufman looking outfit. Okay back to the match now If you've ever seen these two interact in the ring, then you've seen this match. The action was fine, barring the extremely dangerous reverse hurricanrana from the top rope that almost broke Ryan's neck. This was just an awful match with all kinds of missed moves and nothing action wise to keep my attention. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG World’s Finest - TJ Perkins vs. Scorpio Sky

This was a good match. This contest was reminiscent of Perkins' early matches in EVOLVE in that each participant was solely focused on winning the match and attempted various quick submissions to do so. Sky has learned some new tricks since venturing into MMA and Perkins was the right opponent for him to showcase his new offense. **3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG World’s Finest - Johnny Goodtime and Johnny Yuma vs. Player Uno and Stupefied vs. Matt and Nick Jackson

These three teams were supposed to be involved in a four-way with Kevin Steen and Super Dragon for the PWG Tag Team Titles, but Super Dragon was injured and so we're receiving a triple threat for nothing instead. This match was as fun and crazy as everyone expected. I can’t imagine how much more chaotic it would have been with Kevin Steen and Super Dragon involved. I think the Young Bucks are underappreciated in contests like this, as they were apart of every exchange in the first few minutes and held the match together until the finishing stretch. Some of the timing was incredible and double team moves were off the charts. ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG World’s Finest - Willie Mack vs. Roderick Strong

Mack’s breakout match in PWG came against Roderick Strong a little under a year before this. Mack lost that match, but he has since defeated Kevin Steen, Ryan Taylor, Naruki Doi and Chris Hero (twice) in singles matches. In the ideal world, Mack would go through all the people he lost to (Roddy, Generico, Ricochet, and Davey) and then get a PWG Title shot. I thought the action was quite enjoyable but the crowd seemed indifferent until the final two minutes of the match. In which i can see because it was missing that spark that the first match had. If i remember correctly the last time they met and traded strikes for the majority of the contest, Mack was able to keep up with Strong. Now, Strong wanted nothing to do with strike exchanges and looked for openings to cut off Mack's momentum and keep him contained. So Roddy was playing more of the Heel role here. But other then that quite enjoyable. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG World’s Finest - PWG World Title: El Generico vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Kevin Steen

Steen becomes the second person to ever hold the PWG World Title and a PWG World Tag Team Title simultaneously, with Generico being the other person. It's an interesting twist to the Steen/Generico feud and I'm curious to see how they progress in PWG. This was a very fun main event with a somewhat shocking ending since Generico just defeated Steen to win the title. I wouldn’t put this match up there with some of the “Must-See” main events that PWG produced on the last three shows, but I never stopped enjoying the action of this one. Kevin Steen and El Generico facing off always produces fun results. ***1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG DDT4 - Brian Cage-Taylor and Ryan Taylor vs. Johnny Goodtime and Johnny Yuma

This was a fantastic opener that accomplished a lot in thirteen minutes. Brian Cage felt like a breakout star in this match, and his performance here made me understand why PWG booked him for a PWG World Title match in the next show. He’s also developing a connection with the crowd and has a great moveset which he seems to add to every month. It helps that he’s a FUCKING MACHINE. It's only a matter of time till WWE sees him. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG DDT4 - Joey Ryan and Scorpio Sky vs. Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly

This was another fun match. I loved the opening minute when when The Dynasty tried to finish off O’Reilly as quickly as possible. That kind of strategy is something you don’t see a lot in tag team matches. But yeah this was solid i just would of left the superkicks for the sake of superkicks out because that's what the Bucks do. ***

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG DDT4 - El Generico and Willie Mack vs. Sami Callihan and Roderick Strong

There was a bit of a slower pace to this match as opposed to the first two. I thought this contest tore the house down without doing too much. Generico and Mack were highly entertaining to watch fight from behind while Strong and Callihan had this excellent dynamic where Callihan would strike people into backbreakers and slams from Strong. I also loved that this match played to everyone’s strengths, as there were moments in the action where each man’s distinct style helped his team gain the advantage. Callihan looked awesome here. He was crisp and connected on everything, he’s put on a series of solid performances in countries across the world the last 9-10 months. ***3/4 This was the most enjoyable match from the first round so far.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Japan Supershow 1991: IWGP Tag Team Titles Match- The Steiner Brothers v.s Hiroshi Hase & Kensuke Sasaki(c).

This match was off the charts. Two fantastic tag teams going out there and fighting for some of the most prestige tag team titles in the World. Right from the opening of Steiners looking rather dominant with suplexes that got the crowd hot early. And by hot I mean by showing respect for each and every important move. They started a Hase chant at one point to show who they were really behind, though. This was about right after Scott Steiner yells at the crowd with words that nobody could understand. The suplexes started taking a toll on Hase at one point and he took quite a few in the row. He was taking such a great beating before getting a great tag. Simple stuff, neither team tried to go outside their usual game plans. They just did stuff they knew how to do and it just came off as an awesome back and forth match. If anything there is too complain about is a double closeline that knock both Rick and Sasaki was off base but they were flying at each other like mad bulls. Also earlier in the match it was in fact a huge closeline by Sasaki on Rick that made him have a really ugly landing on his head. It was sick as fuck. Add that with all the power moves and a proper finish you got yourself something here. Both teams finish was a top rope bulldog onto your opponent who is your partner's shoulders. At first Hase & Sasaki went for it by Scott spoiled the plan and then they were able to set up and it then it led to a Frankensteiner for the victory. Nothing really wrong with this, I could have watched this go longer but it was a great match and great title match on top of it. Excellent stuff.

****1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG DDT4 - Player Uno and Stupefied vs. Matt and Nick Jackson

The Bucks are so perfect as a heel team in PWG, and with the SSB being so over as faces, the dynamic of this match was a lot of fun. SSB only had one win in PWG before this match, so defeating the Bucks in the first round is a big deal. The SSB have done nothing but impress with their run in PWG thus far but this was the first time that I can remember the crowd collectively getting behind them to pull off the win. ***1/2 - ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG DDT4 - Johnny Goodtime and Johnny Yuma vs. El Generico and Willie Mack

This match was missing a little something, or maybe it was the pacing being slow at the begining but it ended up being really fun near the end. Generico throwing up the "WEST COST" sign was clearly the highlight. It also appears that TSSB are the new fan favorites and The RockNES Monsters have lost some momentum. ***

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WCW Japan Supershow 1991: The Great Muta v.s Sting.

Well the way Muta kept fighting for his Moonsault from early to even late were pretty predictable set ups just so Sting would counter easily. It's pretty big flaw for me as Muta at other points would just expose Sting for being an average worker. I did quite like the dynamic, though. It had an interesting feel and flow. It's certainly not the best, though. I could go through a few exchanges I just didn't like but there were at least a handful of them. I will just say that Muta made it look effortless the way he scouted each time Sting went for the Stinger Splash. It was hilarious and completely exposes Sting reliance on his opponents. I'll just leave it that I liked the finish and enjoyed the match overall... It's just not a classic by any means.

**1/2-**3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG DDT4 - Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly vs. Player Uno and Stupefied

One thing that I’ve liked about this tournament sofar is that every tag team match has been different. This was your more traditional tag team match that had a slower build to a hot finishing stretch. Tese two teams killed it. It would have been understandable if Future Shock and the SSB toned things down because the SSB still had a match later on the show like Generico and Mack did but they did the exact opposite and delivered an excellent contest. And after watching this i'm wondering Why aren’t the Smash Brothers booked in more places? Why aren’t Future Shock still a team? ***3/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG DDT4 - PWG World Title: Kevin Steen vs. Sami Callihan

I was 50/50 with this because i was pumped it was happening now. But I also wanted to wait another month so it could build some more. But with that being said. I really liked this match a lot, Kevin Steen decimating Sami Callihan than anything else, but it was a fine way to break up all the tag team matches. Callihan bumped like a mad men in both of his matches and earned a return to PWG in my opinion. Callihan delivered another strong performance and he had a great debut considering the situation that he was in. Callihan was in the ring with Strong, Generico, Mack, and Steen - and he still managed to garner a solid reaction from the crowd. ***1/4