It's so, IRRITATING!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I was talking more or less like teenagers, unless you are a teenager yourself than go get em' tiger! But a guy my age, serious jail time.

Ryan

Reaction score
I gotta go back to the comment about accents: how in the hell am I supposed to know the difference between all those different accents Pete listed? I'm from America, not England. I bet you can't tell which New York City borough a person is from based on their accent, but I can, and quite frankly I don't expect you to be able to. Guarantee you when you hear a "New York" accent, you're thinking of those Italian clowns from Staten Island when 90% of people from New York City don't sound anything like that and actually find that accent to be very irritating. Just like when I think of an English accent, I think of the London accent.

So I guess I'll add that I find people from England who think I should know the difference between the 20 different types of English accents irritating. I also can't stand grammatical mistakes for the most part. On here, I make them simply because it's sometimes difficult to type out what I'd actually say to you if I were to see you in person without butchering the grammar a bit.

BDC

Reaction score
I gotta go back to the comment about accents: how in the hell am I supposed to know the difference between all those different accents Pete listed? I'm from America, not England. I bet you can't tell which New York City borough a person is from based on their accent, but I can, and quite frankly I don't expect you to be able to. Guarantee you when you hear a "New York" accent, you're thinking of those Italian clowns from Staten Island when 90% of people from New York City don't sound anything like that and actually find that accent to be very irritating. Just like when I think of an English accent, I think of the London accent.

So I guess I'll add that I find people from England who think I should know the difference between the 20 different types of English accents irritating. I also can't stand grammatical mistakes for the most part. On here, I make them simply because it's sometimes difficult to type out what I'd actually say to you if I were to see you in person without butchering the grammar a bit.

My point exactly! Thank you, Ryan!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Texas has like 5 different accents in it's own too, bet no one other than people living here could tell you which is from what part of the state.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Lets see....

When people don't reply to my TT's in UWF (SPONSOR!)
ALL celebrates, not including athletes
The "mass media"
People who take things too seriously
Most TV show
Most modern musics
When girls trash the male gender.

And there's some more I might add later.

Ryan

Reaction score
Yea, I find girls trashing all guys irritating too. I mean, I can totally understand how a girl I've never met thinks I suck because her ex cheated on her even though I've never cheated on anyone in my life.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Friends who never want to do what you want to do, but Heaven forbid you not wanting to do what they want! Stupid fucks of friends I have....

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Aight... this just happened and it is so fucking irritating I just wanna hit someone.

You and that person are talking about something. Then you make a comment about that very thing that you two are talking about and they are like... huh? What are you talking about?

Its like are you freakin stupid? We were talking about it not even a couple seconds ago... how the hell could you be like... what are you talking about? You fucking stupid? We're talking about what we were just talking about... keep up or shut up.

Pete

Reaction score
WTF?! I had read on Wikipedia that Sheamus was from Brooklyn or some place like that. Now it's telling me he's actually from Dublin?!

Anyway, he's overdoing his accent (I know a real Irish accent, trust me), and it's really wobbly. On the recent commercial for the 1000th RAW, for example, he doesn't even attempt to do it when reading his line.

And Cena is a good wrestler compared to that three-move hack!

Pete

Reaction score

No, but I wouldn't call a New York accent an "American" accent (although admittedly some people do), because I know it's not the only one.

And isn't the real New York accent something like Seinfeld has? The Staten Island/Guido accent is considered a Joysey accent isn't it?

To boot, I don't expect you to know the difference (although a Brit would - I can only tell some of them apart myself), I was just pointing out that there is no such thing as a "British" accent, just as there is no such thing as an "American" accent.

Re: Girls and guys, I literally had this happen with my female friends.

Them: "OMG I went to the gym, the instructor there is soooo hawt, I'd really like to know him better!"
Me: "If a man was saying he'd like to know a girl based on her being cute, you'd be calling him a pig who only cares about the outside!"
Them: "That's DIFFERENT!"

Double standards FTW.

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
No, but I wouldn't call a New York accent an "American" accent (although admittedly some people do), because I know it's not the only one.

And isn't the real New York accent something like Seinfeld has? The Staten Island/Guido accent is considered a Joysey accent isn't it?

To boot, I don't expect you to know the difference (although a Brit would - I can only tell some of them apart myself), I was just pointing out that there is no such thing as a "British" accent, just as there is no such thing as an "American" accent.

Them: "OMG I went to the gym, the instructor there is soooo hawt, I'd really like to know him better!"
Me: "If a man was saying he'd like to know a girl based on her being cute, you'd be calling him a pig who only cares about the outside!"

Double standards FTW.

Shoulda pointed out some chick and did that anyways. When I hear a girl do that I do it. I'd be like mannnn look at that butt on her... dang I wanna get with that. Then when they try to be like... well that just isn't fair... then its time to spin it around on them like well what about you? And then when they try to pull the whole "Well that's different." Then its time to play the logic game and that's how I win.

I mean that's how I won the being able to gaze upon them in their underwear argument cause its the same as a 2 piece bikini :p

Just need a good compelling argument that is logical, factual, and as little loopholes in it as possible.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
People who don't know the difference between and bought and brought, that really winds me up too.

Ryan

Reaction score

Double standards FTW.

Yes, a typical New York accent, if you're from New York City is more like the ones you here on Seinfeld. George Costanza's is very New York although it's a bit more like he's from Brooklyn and Jewish, which he is in the show. Unfortunately, due to shows like Jersey shore, that annoying ass Staten Island Italian accent which pisses just about everyone I know off, is associated with New Jersey. A New Jersey (no one from Jersey actually says Joysey) accent is similar to a New York accent in my opinion especially if you live in Central/North Jersey and are close to New York. I feel like most foreigners think a Southern accent is an "American" accent. Like I think a lot of people, based on foreign TV I've seen think a Southern accent is as American as it gets.

And on double standards, how come if a man makes a mistake and cheats it's a huge deal, but if a woman makes a mistake and cheats it's like, "Oh, well her man probably gave her a reason to cheat." What the hell is that? I don't condone cheating, but everyone makes mistakes. Some men cheat on purpose and some women cheat on purpose and then some just make mistakes.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
George Constanza also states he's from Long Island and Queens in the show in different seasons...

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yes, a typical New York accent, if you're from New York City is more like the ones you here on Seinfeld. George Costanza's is very New York although it's a bit more like he's from Brooklyn and Jewish, which he is in the show. Unfortunately, due to shows like Jersey shore, that annoying ass Staten Island Italian accent which pisses just about everyone I know off, is associated with New Jersey. A New Jersey (no one from Jersey actually says Joysey) accent is similar to a New York accent in my opinion especially if you live in Central/North Jersey and are close to New York. I feel like most foreigners think a Southern accent is an "American" accent. Like I think a lot of people, based on foreign TV I've seen think a Southern accent is as American as it gets.

And on double standards, how come if a man makes a mistake and cheats it's a huge deal, but if a woman makes a mistake and cheats it's like, "Oh, well her man probably gave her a reason to cheat." What the hell is that? I don't condone cheating, but everyone makes mistakes. Some men cheat on purpose and some women cheat on purpose and then some just make mistakes.

How exactly does one make a mistake cheating?