It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Watch-Through

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
You know I gotta first pay my respects to anyone on this forum over the years who have done any kind of Walkthrough, Review of a Movie, PPV or Show because I've found out myself how much hard work it is. It's hard to find time when you're working late hours to sit down for a couple of hours and do all of that, while trying to stay awake when your body is telling you go to bed. One of the main reasons why I wanted to do this and it might anyone discussing this with me outside a few members, it's that it is a passion project for me. After days of thinking about it, I thought yeah Power Rangers has been outside of Anime and Wrestling my favorite things to talk about. Anyone who knows I'm like a kid on Christmas morning if someone brings up Power Rangers in any regard. So here we are, I'm going to go through the first Season of Power Rangers and see where it goes from here if people want to see me talk about the next Seasons or go past Mighty Morphin and do other Seasons like Time Force etc.

Now to understand how Mighty Morphing started in American and without going way into you know Saban creating the show from the Sentai counterpart called Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger, I just wanna say that Super Hero Time was created in 1975 with TV Asashi/Toei and today it still continues showing shows like Power Rangers and Kamen Rider which is another Show I've been watching as well and love it to death too. When it comes to Power Rangers it usually has a team of three of five protagonist with outfits to where they would transform or henshin to get their special powers against the forces of evil. Now alot of fans of Power Rangers don't understand that Super Sentai didn't start with Mighty Morphin, with the Show starting in the 70's their were already multiple teams and groups by the time Zyuranger came around in 1992. I think one of the Main reasons Saban picked this Seasons over previous ones, is due to the look of what the Suits look like. I mean I was into Dinosaurs and Mech Monsters as a kid, and Saban knew that kids would grab onto pretty fast, but I don't think he knew that the momentum PR got from Day 1, would be this high and last this long. With all that technical shit I told you about, it's time to watch Episode 1 of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers titled: Day of the Dumpster enjoy people.

giphy.gif

Day of the Dumpster Episode 1 aka this Helmet doesn't go well with my Hair.​

Can we say that Power Rangers had one of the best intro Musics of all time. I mean everytime I heard this Song as a kid, it made me want to kick some ass and let's be honest who didn't get into trouble with something involving Power Rangers back in the day hehe. I always find it funny how Rita came to Earth, two stupid ass Astronauts opening something mysterious which I know is pretty much a rule of Astronauts never to open something undefined in Space you numb skulls. We get opening shots of the what we would call the OG Rangers doing their thing and I remember watching as a young boy and yes I was like okay comedy that's cool, Martial Arts double awesome and who is the cutie doing the Gymnastic hmm? I always found it funny that yes the Show took place in LA with Earthquakes all the time it seems over there, it was kinda funny the Rangers that were picked, were most likely picked because they were the only ones who were picked and left in Ernie's Juice Bar because the rest of people left like a Bat outta hell outta the Building :beckylol

After nearly ten minutes of the Episode Zordon would make his first team come together and he pretty much said to them you guys will fight the force of evil against Rita Repulsa, because the world will blow up, if you don't like were not going to let you leave because YOU'LL GIVE AWAY OUR SECRETS! I mean Zordon did let them leave, but what if the Rangers said no fuck off Zordon and didn't take the Morphers what would of Zordon done then, threw up the White Flag or what? As per typical Teenagers never listen to anything and they all left the Command Center and they are immediately attacked by the Putty Patrol which they kick those kids asses twice on Sunday style. After the Rangers come to their senses they need to use the Morphers they start to turn the tide and Rita quickly sends Goldar who in the Sentai version is amazing, which in the beginning Goldar was great and over time after they didn't have any Sentai footage for him, they turned him into a Comedy character poor guy. Quick little note Goldar has a kid with Scorpina and she is the Daughter of Rita on that Show, funny their kid didn't look like a Baboon but I digress. With the Rangers kicking ass, and finally using their Megazord Goldar had no choice to run back to his Slave Master Rita ending the fight. In the last few moments of Episode 1. Zordon would tell the Rangers the rules they would need to follow to stay as Rangers, and with that the Rangers would put their hands together in unison ready to take on the challenge, but poor kids this was just the beginning of what would be the fight of their lives.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The first episode sure set the series up decently well. Showcasin' everyone well enough so you know their basic overall traits and the absurdness of the villains. You get a nice of megazord action to show that off as well.

I can't remember if Bulk and Skull were in the first episode or not but I always enjoy their characters. Hell, my least favorite part about the reboot movie was they didn't even bother with Bulk and Skull. Such a let down.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The first episode sure set the series up decently well. Showcasin' everyone well enough so you know their basic overall traits and the absurdness of the villains. You get a nice of megazord action to show that off as well.

I can't remember if Bulk and Skull were in the first episode or not but I always enjoy their characters. Hell, my least favorite part about the reboot movie was they didn't even bother with Bulk and Skull. Such a let down.

Oh for sure they showed up in Episode 1. Bulk and Skull were to to creep on Trini and Kimberly asking for a date, and they couldn't deal with rejection and wanted to show the ladies some moves. Big mistake as Kimberly and Trini drop both their asses. It's one of those things Bulk and Skull were so beloved for being bullies, and I feel sorry for any Comedy acts that we saw later after both of them left never were able to get that same love from the Show.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
They are bullies that are just so easy to laugh at and they were genuinely funny too. I don't know about the future series but tryin' to follow that seems like it'd be a bit difficult.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
They are bullies that are just so easy to laugh at and they were genuinely funny too. I don't know about the future series but tryin' to follow that seems like it'd be a bit difficult.

Yeah both of them would be apart of PR all the way till Lost Galaxy if I remember correctly. Shoot Bulk and Skull at one point would be turned into Chimps, and they had to dub their voices in with the antics of the Chimps. :swamps

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
giphy.gif

Episode 2: High Five aka Billy you're too HIGH!​

Bringing that Friday Morning flavor today people, and this Episode had plenty of going on. You know alot of people like to hate on Power Rangers for all of kinds of reasons, but I like to when people talk shit, to tell them to watch this Episode High Five. The reason why Power Rangers grabbed me up, yeah the Martial Arts was wonderful and the Comedy especially when Billy was scissored by Jason who was climbing the Rope in the Gym, but to me is what Power Rangers told kids to do back then. They told us to conquer our fears and struggles in life head on, and Trini dealt with that with her fear of heights.

Trini was never a fan of heights as you find out watching this Episode, but at a moment where Trini saw Billy who at the time was fearful of everything in life over a Cliff about to be attacked by a Putty, she forgot about her fear of heights and goes to save Billy. Trini of course saves Billy before Billy and Trini go to save the rest of the Rangers who are being ganged up on down below the Cliff. After they conquer that battle the Monster of the Day Bones decides to show and suck up the Rangers in a Time Warp. Who can stop the Rangers honestly in the first Season, and Bones found that out after a few mins of fighting with the Rangers, Billy and Trini found out the fucking obvious you cut the head off a Snake the rest of the body is going to fall.

The Head of Bones gets thrown into a Lava Pit in this so called Time Warp and away with Bones in this Episode, which to me I remember in the Sentai version he was so much more, but in this show he felt like an afterthought for this Roman Knight. Yes a fucking random Roman Knight shows up the fuck up after this fight wanting to Rusev crush the Rangers like for real Saban. You know over the years I've given praise to Saban and his Production team being able to put together the Sentai footage and this Show together, but damn you spliced together two different Episodes together and it made no fucking sense why this second Monster came to fight at all. Sigh with that it only took Jason's Tyrannosaurs to beat this Roman Knight and give Rita another headache.

So Trini loses her fear of heights, two Monsters in one episode, the first time morph-enominal was said and Billy created the Communicators that every Ranger team has to this day, yeah I call this a good Episode indeed.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Yeah, that entire episode was about Billy creatin' the communicators. The story around Billy was just eh. I mean yeah I hate heights too but it just felt more like relatin' to teenagers through a fear a lot of folks have. It really stagnanted the fightin' since you can't have anyone fall off a cliff.

It was kind of funny watchin' Billy and Trini climb and react with their limited actin' skills to those situations though.

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah, that entire episode was about Billy creatin' the communicators. The story around Billy was just eh. I mean yeah I hate heights too but it just felt more like relatin' to teenagers through a fear a lot of folks have. It really stagnanted the fightin' since you can't have anyone fall off a cliff.

It was kind of funny watchin' Billy and Trini climb and react with their limited actin' skills to those situations though.

Billy to me doesn't get enough credit as a Ranger than the others over the Years. As the Series went on he had one hell of story progression as a Character in the late Seasons. By end of Zeo he gave up his chance to stay on as a Ranger for Rocky, could of been Gold Ranger if he wanted to be, but choose to instead create all the tech for the Rangers and save their asses a good amount of times. He left happy as a former Ranger and I can't wait to see him come back in the Beast Morphers Team up along with Jason and Kimberly.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
What the hell is Beast Morpher's?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
What the hell is Beast Morpher's?

Oh it's the newest Season based off of the Super Sentai Show Go-Busters. Saban passed over on the group because the Show was in 2012 to 2013 and just now were getting it with Hasbro. It's been a good first half of the Season, and the second half I have faith will be even better. The people writing the Show clearly understands what the fanbase wants to see. Not as much relying on the Sentai footage, and the new stuff they created I dug so far. The Yellow Ranger Zoey is my favorite so far.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You can't start off this thread without getting us pumping to the theme song!

6078bf22bbf73eaef38f3323a60c5461.png

I love me some Power Rangers, but I do have to say looking back that day of the Dumpster is a bit weak of a start.

In the Sentai start Bandora (Rita) actually blows the astronauts into outer space and then shrinks a rocket with kids on it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Your courage in posting this thread may inspire me to do a similar thread where I review Sentai and Rangers side by side.

I'll see how it goes.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You know I gotta first pay my respects to anyone on this forum over the years who have done any kind of Walkthrough, Review of a Movie, PPV or Show because I've found out myself how much hard work it is. It's hard to find time when you're working late hours to sit down for a couple of hours and do all of that, while trying to stay awake when your body is telling you go to bed. One of the main reasons why I wanted to do this and it might anyone discussing this with me outside a few members, it's that it is a passion project for me. After days of thinking about it, I thought yeah Power Rangers has been outside of Anime and Wrestling my favorite things to talk about. Anyone who knows I'm like a kid on Christmas morning if someone brings up Power Rangers in any regard. So here we are, I'm going to go through the first Season of Power Rangers and see where it goes from here if people want to see me talk about the next Seasons or go past Mighty Morphin and do other Seasons like Time Force etc.

Now to understand how Mighty Morphing started in American and without going way into you know Saban creating the show from the Sentai counterpart called Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger, I just wanna say that Super Hero Time was created in 1975 with TV Asashi/Toei and today it still continues showing shows like Power Rangers and Kamen Rider which is another Show I've been watching as well and love it to death too. When it comes to Power Rangers it usually has a team of three of five protagonist with outfits to where they would transform or henshin to get their special powers against the forces of evil. Now alot of fans of Power Rangers don't understand that Super Sentai didn't start with Mighty Morphin, with the Show starting in the 70's their were already multiple teams and groups by the time Zyuranger came around in 1992. I think one of the Main reasons Saban picked this Seasons over previous ones, is due to the look of what the Suits look like. I mean I was into Dinosaurs and Mech Monsters as a kid, and Saban knew that kids would grab onto pretty fast, but I don't think he knew that the momentum PR got from Day 1, would be this high and last this long. With all that technical shit I told you about, it's time to watch Episode 1 of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers titled: Day of the Dumpster enjoy people.

giphy.gif

Day of the Dumpster Episode 1 aka this Helmet doesn't go well with my Hair.​

Can we say that Power Rangers had one of the best intro Musics of all time. I mean everytime I heard this Song as a kid, it made me want to kick some ass and let's be honest who didn't get into trouble with something involving Power Rangers back in the day hehe. I always find it funny how Rita came to Earth, two stupid ass Astronauts opening something mysterious which I know is pretty much a rule of Astronauts never to open something undefined in Space you numb skulls. We get opening shots of the what we would call the OG Rangers doing their thing and I remember watching as a young boy and yes I was like okay comedy that's cool, Martial Arts double awesome and who is the cutie doing the Gymnastic hmm? I always found it funny that yes the Show took place in LA with Earthquakes all the time it seems over there, it was kinda funny the Rangers that were picked, were most likely picked because they were the only ones who were picked and left in Ernie's Juice Bar because the rest of people left like a Bat outta hell outta the Building :beckylol

After nearly ten minutes of the Episode Zordon would make his first team come together and he pretty much said to them you guys will fight the force of evil against Rita Repulsa, because the world will blow up, if you don't like were not going to let you leave because YOU'LL GIVE AWAY OUR SECRETS! I mean Zordon did let them leave, but what if the Rangers said no fuck off Zordon and didn't take the Morphers what would of Zordon done then, threw up the White Flag or what? As per typical Teenagers never listen to anything and they all left the Command Center and they are immediately attacked by the Putty Patrol which they kick those kids asses twice on Sunday style. After the Rangers come to their senses they need to use the Morphers they start to turn the tide and Rita quickly sends Goldar who in the Sentai version is amazing, which in the beginning Goldar was great and over time after they didn't have any Sentai footage for him, they turned him into a Comedy character poor guy. Quick little note Goldar has a kid with Scorpina and she is the Daughter of Rita on that Show, funny their kid didn't look like a Baboon but I digress. With the Rangers kicking ass, and finally using their Megazord Goldar had no choice to run back to his Slave Master Rita ending the fight. In the last few moments of Episode 1. Zordon would tell the Rangers the rules they would need to follow to stay as Rangers, and with that the Rangers would put their hands together in unison ready to take on the challenge, but poor kids this was just the beginning of what would be the fight of their lives.
Was it just me or does the American footage in the beginning feel really cheap when you get older? Like not much attention on it?

I mean most of the stories in the first few episodes surrounding their principal, Ernie or Bulk and Skull feels very Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Even the American shot footage of the monsters and suits were cheaply made. You ever notice the difference in quality?

Sentai:
latest

Rangers:
shield-2.jpg

That shield quality alone.

Speaking of Goldar, you notice he's seen flying in the Sentai footage used, but loses his wings for no reason on Rangers until Lord Zedd gives them back? Also, they show Rita flying her tricycle on the globe, despite her not doing that on the actual show? Scorpina also completely disappears on Rangers without a reason because they exhaust her Sentai footage without Goldar and their marriage/baby story that Rangers didn't adapt. Shame really. I liked her character. I know they recast her at one point, so should have kept using her. Same thing happened to Goldar, couldn't use his amazing Sentai footage so they remade him using a costume shipped over from Japan, but the mouth could even move right. :lizlol

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Oh it's the newest Season based off of the Super Sentai Show Go-Busters. Saban passed over on the group because the Show was in 2012 to 2013 and just now were getting it with Hasbro. It's been a good first half of the Season, and the second half I have faith will be even better. The people writing the Show clearly understands what the fanbase wants to see. Not as much relying on the Sentai footage, and the new stuff they created I dug so far. The Yellow Ranger Zoey is my favorite so far.
I remember reading they were skipping the most recent Sentai and going to use Go-Busters and thinking it was a cool choice because the suits were bangers.
latest

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It also makes you wonder if Hasbro, can Saban ever keep control after just getting it back from Disney, can go back 7 years, why Saban ever choose to adapt Carranger? Which was a parody of Sentai and try to adapt it into a serious season of Power Rangers Turbo? :TI: