He Pulled It Off!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Like seriously list them off for me and logically explain why each one would be better because to be honest, I don't think you can even come up with five.

Nation

Like seriously list them off for me and logically explain why each one would be better because to be honest, I don't think you can even come up with five.

I really would but I'm using my PS3 because my PC crashed. Typing with my PS3 is time consuming and it only allows so much text in a post. So until my PC gets fixed this debate will have to wait.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Alright then anybody post a list I don't care who. Montana can add the explanations to his for all I care. I would just love to see some of the justifications that people will come up with.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score

lol? You're telling him to name off better transitional champions?

Big show (When the fuck has he held the most prestigious title and been in the spotlight? The guy's a class act and i'm already giggling about the idea when i think about Big show being a transitional champion to Cena. Wouldn't be just another "Cena lifted 500 pounds" this time around that's for sure. Jerishow relived the comedic heel side of the two)

Any member of Legacy (Again transitional champion who gets a win over Supercena. Doesn't hurt Cena and just adds fuel to i'm sure what's going to be a never ending feud between Super cena and Legacy(/w randy)

Christian (Hey Look this guy is in the WWE! Is he for real though? Christian could just rehash the attitude of Jericho becoming the first champion when he defeated two titans to become the first undisputed champ. Christian in the spotlight bragging on the mic he beat Cena = win)

Kofi (Wtf is up with Kofi? He stopped smiling and is completely going ape shit all over Cena. Holy fuck spot of the night, Kofi is our new transitional champion and has gained more character in a huge spotlight. Michael Cole goes on about determination and heart and soul omg kofi's the new black hardy with Cole as his JR)

Carltio and Miz both have big wins over Cena. While I think Miz is garbage some people like him for whatever reason, I wouldn't mind in a gimmick hardcore match Cena playing the confident veteran and Miz playing the sparky underdog. Would show a different shade of Cena (if he could even do it) in the ring. Think of Cena playing a different role other then Shitty wrestler with big heart. I've really liked Carlito's ring work since Primo. I think Primo's debut put Carlito's heart back in this thing. With the right people behind him Carltio was a big name selling t-shirts who was the big next thing. He's already revamped as a darker Carlito, so why the fuck not instead of Sheamus,? everyone on that list deserves it more than Sheamus http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/

Does that guy have any real value that will last? At the end of the year he'll be a nobody. Sharing the lazyboy with Umaga. Another Monster heel who ran over Cena. Him and Umaga are very similar tbh, both are monster heels based off some crazy foreign shit, Both have a look that screams, hey i'm a blueberry look at the faces i can do. Rawr I can wrestle and i'm not completely green i'm no charlie haas but rrrrrawr look at my face . anyway Yeah right like I'm going to pay attention to this guy. I don't buy his gimmick, he looks like a blueberry and his effect is going to fade off. Hello where have you guys been? It's just another monster heel but he's rehashed and doesn't weigh 300 pounds. zZz

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Big show (When the fuck has he held the most prestigious title and been in the spotlight? The guy's a class act and i'm already giggling about the idea when i think about Big show being a transitional champion to Cena. Wouldn't be just another "Cena lifted 500 pounds" this time around that's for sure. Jerishow relived the comedic heel side of the two)

He was a tag champ at the time and in a feud with DX not allowing him time to build a proper feud with Cena. Not to mention this would defeat the purpose of putting the belt on someone new.

Any member of Legacy (Again transitional champion who gets a win over Supercena. Doesn't hurt Cena and just adds fuel to i'm sure what's going to be a never ending feud between Super cena and Legacy(/w randy)

They qualify under the new guy notion but don't qualify due to the fact that they have done nothing since their feud with DX. That would've been a bigger hotshot angle than Sheamus.

Christian (Hey Look this guy is in the WWE! Is he for real though? Christian could just rehash the attitude of Jericho becoming the first champion when he defeated two titans to become the first undisputed champ. Christian in the spotlight bragging on the mic he beat Cena = win)

He's the ECW champ and was another person currently in another feud. We complain when they randomly drop feuds for no reason but it's okay if it's Christian?

Kofi (Wtf is up with Kofi? He stopped smiling and is completely going ape shit all over Cena. Holy fuck spot of the night, Kofi is our new transitional champion and has gained more character in a huge spotlight. Michael Cole goes on about determination and heart and soul omg kofi's the new black hardy with Cole as his JR)

Not bad, and fills the new guy requirement but is a face and wouldn't receive the necessary reaction from beating Cena and again was in a feud with someone else.

Carltio and Miz both have big wins over Cena.

Carlito's big win came what, four years ago? So his win isn't relevant and neither is he. Miz would've been an excellent choice but they already screwed that over earlier this year plus he's the US champ at the moment.

Does that guy have any real value that will last?

Time will tell. I dunno yet.

At the end of the year he'll be a nobody.

Assumption

Another Monster heel who ran over Cena.

Except Snitsky etc. never got the big win.

anyway Yeah right like I'm going to pay attention to this guy. I don't buy his gimmick, he looks like a blueberry and his effect is going to fade off.

So your whole argument just like everyone else's is "I just don't like him."

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
So your whole argument just like everyone else's is "I just don't like him."

No? wtf? He's a Monster Heel hello? They use his heritage and make a gimmick out of it. Don't have to tell you how a monster heel works but it usually doesn't end good for the monster heel once he's broken and battered in 6 months. Think in 6 months any of this is going to matter?

What makes this guy different? His character is just so strong he's going to do something the other guys couldn't do with the exact same booking? Got a thing for the Irish too?

Or are they not going to completely destroy him and let him hold the US title. Oh yay. Nothing matters except the main event. Everyone in the midcard doesn't matter until they're called up upon. Main eventers are the one who draw, the one's who sell and the one with value. We watch a two hour show to see the main event and to see the future main eventers. This is the WWE and this is the only system that works for them. Oh and for you negating everyone I mentioned off tell me one good reason why any storylines even matter except the main event ones.

You're telling me the ECW title or any other feud is too important for them to be a transitional champion? Are you fucking kidding me? I think it was Edge, but he had a match with flair for the IC and he ditched out unscathed so he could face Cena later. Point of that is, is the fact that storylines are just storylines and they're planned months before they happen. If they were going to make anyone else transitional champion like Miz he wouldn't be in a feud with someone. It would be planned out where he wouldn't be BUSY. OBVIOUSLY. JEEZUS MONKEY

What i'm saying is Sheamus's character completely flat out sucks and there's no way it's going to survive as a monster heel. What a good way to waste a title run while you have guys rotting who have strong and well built characters. Anyone.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Precisely. His argument is filled with personal bias just because he hates Sheamus. Which instantly discredits anything he has to say towards someone being better for the spot.

I will agree Swagger, MVP or Carlito would be nice choices. But Sheamus is the only one out of the entire roster who had NOT been tainted by heavy losses to one of the already pre-established main eventers.

Every single person you put in front of Sheamus and say "He should of gotten that push" has been tainted by failed pushes in the past that couldn't catapult them to the main event. And as much of a shame that is, Sheamus was in the PERFECT spot to dethrone Cena. He wasn't tainted by a shitty feud before hand, he was steam rolling through everyone on ECW and RAW, he had all the noobie credibility in the world, and most omportantly, he has an endorsement from Triple H. The same endorsement that got "The IWC's Wrestling God" Randy Orton a push.

So we'll wait and see how this one turns out. But I think with the proper sustainability and through even a loss with the inevitable rematch to Cena, if they can keep Sheamus looking strong, you might be looking at the next big permanent monster heel.

Great One

You're telling me the ECW title or any other feud is too important for them to be a transitional champion? Are you fucking kidding me? I think it was Edge, but he had a match with flair for the IC and he ditched out unscathed so he could face Cena later. Point of that is, is the fact that storylines are just storylines and they're planned months before they happen. If they were going to make anyone else transitional champion like Miz he wouldn't be in a feud with someone. It would be planned out where he would be BUSY. OBVIOUSLY. JEEZUS MONKEY
Agreed. Saying "Oh, he's currently in a feud!" is an absolute asinine reasoning for that person not to enter a title match with Cena. The point Colin was trying to make was that they could have went in an entirely different direction to BEGIN with, so that they could have a justifiable and credibile champ at the moment. While I don't absolutely hate Sheamus because I'm happy no matter what as long as Cena doesn't have the belt, I do think this coulda been a good time to give someone more deserving and credibile the title.

Great One

Every single person you put in front of Sheamus and say "He should of gotten that push" has been tainted by failed pushes in the past that couldn't catapult them to the main event. And as much of a shame that is, Sheamus was in the PERFECT spot to dethrone Cena. He wasn't tainted by a shitty feud before hand, he was steam rolling through everyone on ECW and RAW, he had all the noobie credibility in the world, and most omportantly, he has an endorsement from Triple H. The same endorsement that got "The IWC's Wrestling God" Randy Orton a push.
How exactly were Big Show, Kofi, Christian, and even Miz, "tainted"? Even Legacy could have looked credible and could have brought an intriguing storyline. All you needed to do there is have Randy interfere. I mean he talks about him every night on Raw anyways. Then let the Legacy implosion ensue.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
The problem still with that, is that even if you would of say, had Miz be in Sheamus' spot, the other argument still stands. Despite being US champion, he was already squashed horribly by Cena. Nobody can say with a straight face that they would want to see that happen AGAIN, except this time in a transitional champ roll.

Kofi Kingston wouldn't work because the guy is naturally built as a face. He's getting huge face pops and this feud with Orton has been doing more wonders for him getting put over than he would get by being a transitional champion. Plus, what woud you have Orton be doing this whole time as they build up Kofi Vs. Cena? You'd have to find another dude to have a program with, and it might not work the same as it's been doing now. So would Kofi be a possible choice? Yeah. But would he be an effective one? No.

Christian COULD theoretically work. Do the fact that we KNOW he's a quality heel. But he's been doing so well as a face why would you want to fuck that up right now? He's getting huge reactions from the fans. I know I wouldn't want him to just drop all that for the sake of being a heel, so that he could be a one month transitional champion, be squashed by Cena, and then be demoted down to mid card status while Orton reclaims his neverending feud with Cena as the top heel.

Anybody else who's already a natural heel at the moment like I said, was already squashed in upper mid card feuds that failed to put them over. Jack Swagger just recently lost to Evan Bourne, and I am supposed to believe he is capable of taking out John Cena?

Sheamus was the perfect man for this kind of feud. He's a fresh face that you wouldn't have to break up Legacy for by having one of them get jealous that the other is getting a title shot. And you wouldn't have to worry about any sort of rehashing of feuds like you would if you put Jericho or Big Show in that spot.

If you actually think about this logically, then you will realize this is the truth.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
How exactly were Big Show, Kofi, Christian, and even Miz, "tainted"? Even Legacy could have looked credible and could have brought an intriguing storyline. All you needed to do there is have Randy interfere. I mean he talks about him every night on Raw anyways. Then let the Legacy implosion ensue.

I defend my Kofi argument in the post above. Same as Christian. Big Show has already lost several times to John Cena, in almost every scenario imaginable. He's made him tap out, he's beaten him in a singles match, he's beaten him in gimmick matches. How many times does Big Show have to lose to the same guy before he's not a credibile challenger?

If you are seriously asking me how The Miz was tainted in his feud with John Cena then I suggest you get your eyes checked, and then go rewatch the Miz Vs. Cena feud.

Legacy COULD look credible. There's no arguing that. I think a push for one or both of them are inevitable. But you would be hard pressed to be able to pull off that feud without one of the members of Legacy getting jealous and causing a rift between Orton, Dibiase and Rhodes. Then it would be more about them vs. each other rather than one of them Vs. Cena as a transitional champion.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
You guys are fucked. Not every face is a babyface. Only mega faces that get their faces put on shit. Hogan and Cena. Just because they did something unfacelike to win the belt doesn't make them a heel. They showed shades of grey to win a title. Still makes them a face but now they have a edge. I doubt the fans are going to boo them or think less of them, maybe like them a lotmore for being human. But What do i know.

how is sheamus effective at all? He's a MONSTER HEEL, his lifespan and value isn;t as high as any of the guys on the roster. What makes this monster heel better then the last one? Does he have mic skills? Can he outwrestle and outperform anyone other then Cena(not hard don't think it is)? Is he undeniably intimidating? Oh look that's all monster heels do so i can't list anything else off. No,no and No. Oh looks like we got nothing special once again.

Two scoops all of your reasons on why the guys couldn't be transitional champ. Make absolutely no sense and I don't even know if you're with us here. Sheamus's storyline is rehashed, see debuting heritage monster heel. They have more talented guys who haven't been doing anything worthwhile...ever. And you're still giving the belt to monster heels to build up whoever the fuck is going to take the monster heel down. It could be done with a lot more creativity.

Great One

The problem still with that, is that even if you would of say, had Miz be in Sheamus' spot, the other argument still stands. Despite being US champion, he was already squashed horribly by Cena. Nobody can say with a straight face that they would want to see that happen AGAIN, except this time in a transitional champ roll.
So? Don't squash him this time. Before he wasn't US champion and had beaten every mid carder he could. He's credible now (or would have been credible in this hypothetical situation), it was simply up to booking now. One thing I can guaran-fucking-tee you is that Miz woulda gotten 10x more heat and possibly the most heat out of everyone if he beat Cena. He is the most over heel on Raw.

Kofi Kingston wouldn't work because the guy is naturally built as a face. He's getting huge face pops and this feud with Orton has been doing more wonders for him getting put over than he would get by being a transitional champion. Plus, what woud you have Orton be doing this whole time as they build up Kofi Vs. Cena? You'd have to find another dude to have a program with, and it might not work the same as it's been doing now. So would Kofi be a possible choice? Yeah. But would he be an effective one? No.
Easy. Kofi eliminates Orton in that battle royale, instead, he wins the whole thing (Sheamus eliminates himself earlier to fuck someone up). The build goes about same way up to the match (i.e. Orton vs. Kofi but now throw Cena into the mix too with Orton saying his usual "I don't care who gets da belt I will be DUBYU DUBYU EE CHAMPION!" When the match comes around, Orton obviously interferes except he accidentally costs Cena the title. Kofi wins the title, we're in the same position we are now. Now you can go the route of a triple threat, since Orton can legitimately get a shot at the belt now, you could have Kofi win AGAIN (due to a set up or capitalizing on someone's finisher like the punt). OR, you could have Cena/Orton engage in another feud except non-title and have Legacy pushed to fight Kofi to 'defend' Orton. I mean fuck, there's so many possibilities here, come on.

Christian COULD theoretically work. Do the fact that we KNOW he's a quality heel. But he's been doing so well as a face why would you want to fuck that up right now? He's getting huge reactions from the fans. I know I wouldn't want him to just drop all that for the sake of being a heel, so that he could be a one month transitional champion, be squashed by Cena, and then be demoted down to mid card status while Orton reclaims his neverending feud with Cena as the top heel.
Who said he has to be a heel? Him winning would be the same thing as Triple H winning. Watch Triple H vs. Cena from last year, HHH didn't have to be a heel to brag and own his ass. Christian would do the same because he's one of the only Attitude Era heel/faces left in the company. It would be perfect, you just know he has enough material to where he could grab a chunk of the audience (the part that hates Cena) and get them on his side. It would be major gambling, but isn't that what the fuck they're doing now? I mean, it's all up to booking. Christian pinned Orton, Christian beat Y2J, why couldn't he beat Cena with some stupid Orton interference (AGAIN!).

Anybody else who's already a natural heel at the moment like I said, was already squashed in upper mid card feuds that failed to put them over. Jack Swagger just recently lost to Evan Bourne, and I am supposed to believe he is capable of taking out John Cena?

Sheamus was the perfect man for this kind of feud. He's a fresh face that you wouldn't have to break up Legacy for by having one of them get jealous that the other is getting a title shot. And you wouldn't have to worry about any sort of rehashing of feuds like you would if you put Jericho or Big Show in that spot.

If you actually think about this logically, then you will realize this is the truth.
No one said anything about Swagger, fuck him. Why WOULDN'T you break up Legacy? The 'group' is fucking stale and pointless, what you should be saying is they should be looking for reasons TO break it up. How many times have they teased shitty tension this year? JeriShow would be tough to work, but all you had to do was have them lose the belts earlier than TLC and then Show wins the battle royale. Or have Show win the battle royale while they're still champs, who cares? The match would be mayhem then, with Jericho and DX interfering and a brawl breaking out, Show hits the knockout punch, game. Show's like the most credible guy on the entire roster and has been booked as such.

No, it's not the truth at all.

Great One

I defend my Kofi argument in the post above. Same as Christian. Big Show has already lost several times to John Cena, in almost every scenario imaginable. He's made him tap out, he's beaten him in a singles match, he's beaten him in gimmick matches. How many times does Big Show have to lose to the same guy before he's not a credibile challenger?
How many times has Randy lost until he had to keep facing Cena? Obviously that doesn't matter and I honestly can't recall when in the past year Cena has even beaten Show, lol. Was it before or after he developed his "knock out punch" thing?

If you are seriously asking me how The Miz was tainted in his feud with John Cena then I suggest you get your eyes checked, and then go rewatch the Miz Vs. Cena feud.
Lol, so fucking what, he lost several months ago. It was also his first shot at the main event. Go back and read that main event pushing formula (lose once, win the next?) because it applies perfectly here. MIZ IS THE MOST OVER HEEL ON RAW (and US champion and has beaten all of his challengers), if you can't realize that you need to get your ears AND your eyes checked. And if you think he'd get more heat or reaction than Sheamus winninng you need a new brain.

Legacy COULD look credible. There's no arguing that. I think a push for one or both of them are inevitable. But you would be hard pressed to be able to pull off that feud without one of the members of Legacy getting jealous and causing a rift between Orton, Dibiase and Rhodes. Then it would be more about them vs. each other rather than one of them Vs. Cena as a transitional champion.
Oh yeah, I forgot the whole show has to be about Cena, sorry.