He Pulled It Off!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kizza

No kidding ...seriously. i was thinking like 20 other people...lets see

Christian
Rey Mysterio
MVP
Jack Swagger
Koffi Kingston
Cody Rhodes
Ted Dibiase
Miz
Mark Henry
HHH
HBK
Shelton Benjamin
JOhn Morrison

Randy Orton
Batista
Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Kane
Matt Hardy
R- Truth
Great Khali
Tyson Kidd
David Hart Smith

Big Show

I laughed.

Montana

Not that i hate shaemus, but it's just poor WWE booking. The guy has been on Raw for like a month or two. I guess i just dont see potential in the guy, and more of a HHH buddy getting a push. I was being a little silly with the list, but was trying to get my point across.

DH Smith - The WWE needs to use the Hart Foundation imo. Not saying he's great, just better than Shaemus.

R - Truth - he's on par with Koffi Kingston right now. Has had some good promos with Punk. I'd much rather have this vetern champ, than a guy a couple months of a FCW.

You laughed at:

Swagger - Why?
MVP - Same, these guys are actual mid carders with potential.
Mark Henry - His popularity is growing. Not a great pick, but better than Shaemus.
SHelton - again, better than Shaemus.
John Morrison - Is probably going to be the top face of the future. I have no clue why you wouldn't think he's be a better champ.
Kane - deserves a final title run, more so than pushing shaemus.
Matt Hardy - Same as Kane. In ring vetern.
Khali - Not that i like the guy, he's just better than shaemus at the moment.
Tyson Kidd - I like his in ring work. Give the HF some good storylines please!

noumenon

You ever think it's just a matter of people wanting a fresh face in there? Someone who hasn't been tainted by shitty story lines, gimmicks and failed pushes.

Montana

You ever think it's just a matter of people wanting a fresh face in there? Someone who hasn't been tainted by shitty story lines, gimmicks and failed pushes.

Nothing wrong with that, but at least select someone that is a prodigy, or is a undeniable talent. (Ex. Brock Lesnar) They have the "Best Wrestler in the world" debuting in the next month or two, but they picked Shaemus to be that guy. Questionable booking, that's all im saying.

Realistically look at Sheamus compared to Desmond WOlfe in TNA. People actually believe Desmond can be a credible champ. Sheamus at the moment is just a joke in my opinion. A few years from now, maybe the WWE can prove me wrong, but for now they just put the belt on a nobody, who hasn't beat anyone one on one that is noteworthy.

noumenon

I still think you're being a bit harsh on him. He's not a technical wrestling machine on the level of guys like Danielson or Jericho but he gets the job done for what he's supposed to be doing. To be fair we haven't seen much of the guy in the ring aside from squashes and the match at TLC. His matches with Goldust actually showed off some pretty nice in ring talent from him. Just give him a little more time to actually get some in ring time and show what he can do. And yeah, I understand that's part of the problem, so little exposure for what they're doing with him. But you know, people were begging for something fresh and shocking and that's exactly what WWE did.
Also look at Danielson, I'm saying strictly from a size POV, would you think him a threat to Cena? Especially the way Cena is booked.
And on a side note... from what I've seen of Danielson I wasn't overly impressed.

MizMasta3000

Some of you are acting like Sheamus is the worst wrestler on the planet. The guy is not that bad and I think his careless monster heel role exceeds Heeltista of 02-04

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Sheamus is the shit. Peeps need to stop ragging on him just because Jack Swagger, MVP or a member of Legacy isn't in this spot. I'm pissed off that Dolph Zigglers push was given to Drew McIntyre at the drop of a hat too but I'm not going off saying Drew is worse than Davey Hart Smith. Jeez.

Montana

I still think you're being a bit harsh on him. He's not a technical wrestling machine on the level of guys like Danielson or Jericho but he gets the job done for what he's supposed to be doing. To be fair we haven't seen much of the guy in the ring aside from squashes and the match at TLC. His matches with Goldust actually showed off some pretty nice in ring talent from him. Just give him a little more time to actually get some in ring time and show what he can do. And yeah, I understand that's part of the problem, so little exposure for what they're doing with him. But you know, people were begging for something fresh and shocking and that's exactly what WWE did.
Also look at Danielson, I'm saying strictly from a size POV, would you think him a threat to Cena? Especially the way Cena is booked.
And on a side note... from what I've seen of Danielson I wasn't overly impressed.

I probably am being a bit overly harsh on Shaemus, but i did think he was rather boring in FCW. I still think he is a boring character. His in ring performance is not bad I like this power moves and such. I guess my problem is more how they booked him into winning the title. It was a complete shock, and it was a shock, soley for being a surprise. I just think it was bad booking, and other more worthy wrestlers.

A couple years from now I could be eating my words. But if i were in charge of the WWE i would not have put the belt on Sheamus.

Kizza

I think the best thing about Sheamus is he isn't sloppy. Like when he gave Morrison the kick to his knee a few weeks back. Yeah, it was only a kick to the knee, but it hit him right on the knee. Other wrestlers would have probably just missed the knee of something like that. Unimportant, but I noticed it.

Unless you're a ref making the count, get out the way quick.

Great One

It's important, I noticed it too. And most prominently of all is that power bomb he gave Noble legit looked it could have broken his neck. Many other shit that he has done in his jobber matches have been brutal-looking, like they were botched, but they came out fine.

Nation

Sheamus has botched in the ring and on the mic. That kick he gave to Cena during the Cuban hosted Raw looked like shit. His kick to Cena during the Jesse Ventura hosted Raw also sucked. It's only been a few times but its extremely noticeable and it shows Sheamus as looking weak as opposed to the brute he is made out to be. His mic work is definitely his biggest weakness though. Bottom line is there is about 15 or 20 other guys who should be holding his belt.