He Pulled It Off!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

Transitional champ for sure. I'm just really hoping the face who replaces Cena isn't DX or Rey Mysterio.

Btw I fucking despise Sheamus, in a way that I don't even want to see his paste

Sheamus is not a transitional champ. There is no way the WWE had Sheamus beat Cena just to transition the belt to another face. If that was the case they would have given it to Orton or booked Orton to keep the belt until the face they had in mind was ready. If anything, Cena was the transitional champ from Orton to Sheamus.

Sheamus is getting the Lesnar push.

Look for Sheamus to carry the belt to Mania, where he will face either Cena, HBK, HHH, or even Taker.

Honestly, I would like to see Cena get screwed out of his rematch, win the Rumble, and chase Sheamus to Mania. The crowd will really get behind Cena.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
No? wtf? He's a Monster Heel hello? They use his heritage and make a gimmick out of it. Don't have to tell you how a monster heel works but it usually doesn't end good for the monster heel once he's broken and battered in 6 months. Think in 6 months any of this is going to matter?

You don't know that and neither do I. Regarding his gimmick so because he's Irish and they call him the Celtic warrior or whatever that's his gimmick? Nope he's actually Irish, it's not a put on. He doesn't even have a gimmick really.

And again on the monster heel part. Sure it sometimes doesn't work out well but it sometimes does and you cannot say for sure one way or the other until this plays out.

Or are they not going to completely destroy him and let him hold the US title. Oh yay. Nothing matters except the main event.

This formula did wonders for CM Punk at the time. But never the less you are still making assumptions.

Everyone in the midcard doesn't matter until they're called up upon. Main eventers are the one who draw, the one's who sell and the one with value.

That's true to an extent but with out the middle card you have no show. So they do matter.

We watch a two hour show to see the main event and to see the future main eventers.

What is a future main eventer other than another name for mid carder?

This is the WWE and this is the only system that works for them. Oh and for you negating everyone I mentioned off tell me one good reason why any storylines even matter except the main event ones.

Well let's see here the most popular eras of wrestling have focused on everyone not just the main event. Take the much loved attitude era. Everyone during that period had an angle and everything worked that much better for it. Currently they have a tendency to only focus on the ME storylines and the product is in the shitter. So what makes more sense here?

You're telling me the ECW title or any other feud is too important for them to be a transitional champion?

Considering we are the first people to scream and yell when a feud is dropped for no reason I would say yes. Also we are the first people to scream about not honouring the brand split but having Christian become WHC is okay only because you like him.

Point of that is, is the fact that storylines are just storylines and they're planned months before they happen. If they were going to make anyone else transitional champion like Miz he wouldn't be in a feud with someone. It would be planned out where he wouldn't be BUSY. OBVIOUSLY. JEEZUS MONKEY

I understand that but that is not the way the current storyline played out. You can scream and yell that they could've changed them all you want but the fact remains that they did not for whatever reason and since they wanted to give the best push they could to someone new they did reasonable well aside from how they booked him to win the match.

What i'm saying is Sheamus's character completely flat out sucks and there's no way it's going to survive as a monster heel. What a good way to waste a title run while you have guys rotting who have strong and well built characters. Anyone.

All you say is that his character sucks and you fail to explain why. Or why he won't survive as a monster heel. All you have are assumptions and no facts.

Agreed. Saying "Oh, he's currently in a feud!" is an absolute asinine reasoning for that person not to enter a title match with Cena.

Actually as I pointed out earlier it's not. Dropping angles is the surest way to piss a smark off.

The point Colin was trying to make was that they could have went in an entirely different direction to BEGIN with, so that they could have a justifiable and credibile champ at the moment.

They could've but that would have required a total restructuring of storylines and at least a few angles dropped for no reason. Or at the very least a complete suspension of the logic that we so sorely want to see in wrestling. Kofi and Orton are in a hot feud but what the hell let's just drop it for no good reason. Yeah that's smart business.

While I don't absolutely hate Sheamus because I'm happy no matter what as long as Cena doesn't have the belt, I do think this coulda been a good time to give someone more deserving and credibile the title.

There is nobody who is a new star who logically fits that is more credible.

How exactly were Big Show, Kofi, Christian, and even Miz, "tainted"? Even Legacy could have looked credible and could have brought an intriguing storyline. All you needed to do there is have Randy interfere. I mean he talks about him every night on Raw anyways. Then let the Legacy implosion ensue.

The Legacy implosion is the only angle that I would've given a second thought to. But unfortunately there has been zero build up on that too.

Besides why would Randy Orton interfere to give someone else the title? The guy who is a selfish prick and only wants the title for himself.

Logic people.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You are not looking at this objectively.

Take my subjective stance on Randy Orton for example. I can't stand the cock sucker. I think he's boring as shit and has as much appeal as a double leg amputation but that is just my opinion. It is not reality.

Reality is there are a lot of people who buy into Orton for whatever reason so when I look at wrestling and I look objectively even an Orton hater like myself has to admit that he has something going for him at the very least.

Great One

Actually as I pointed out earlier it's not. Dropping angles is the surest way to piss a smark off.
My entire point was there wouldn't be angles to drop if they planned ahead. And even if there was, look at the Kofi storyline, that plays in perfectly.

They could've but that would have required a total restructuring of storylines and at least a few angles dropped for no reason. Or at the very least a complete suspension of the logic that we so sorely want to see in wrestling. Kofi and Orton are in a hot feud but what the hell let's just drop it for no good reason. Yeah that's smart business.
Again, read what I said about Kofi. There is logical reasonings and he doesn't have to want it for himself. He would interfere in Kofi/Cena so he can allow Kofi to win so HE can get a title shot. That is the epitome of logic.

And what exactly was Miz doing that he couldn't have won the battle royale? Exactly.

The Legacy implosion is the only angle that I would've given a second thought to. But unfortunately there has been zero build up on that too.
There's only been tension/build-up up throughout the entire year... I guess that counts as nothing, right?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
These people would've probably complained about Brock Lesnar's monster push too.

Great One

What... Did you miss the part where I said I DON'T CARE SHEAMUS IS CHAMPION? Guess so. You're ignoring the logic that there could have been others who could have legitimately won the title.

I'm still waiting to see an actual argument against Show and Miz.

CenaMark54

Besides why would Randy Orton interfere to give someone else the title? The guy who is a selfish prick and only wants the title for himself.

Logic people.

Well I think the stipulation was that Orton could not get a title shot while Cena had the belt (Basically the HHH/Orton storyline from 2004 rehashed). So it wouldn't have been out of the realm of possibility for Orton to help someone beat Cena so he can have a chnace at the title again.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Like two scoops why would legacy break up or any of your other suggestions? Why because , they just do? Like wtf Scoops? Letting anyone else be transitional champ other then a monster heel would do wonders. Randy, he was a transitional champ. Took him years to become the real deal and he's one of the few of that era to still be in the WWE today let alone the main event. Do you think him being transitional champion for a month hurt him? What about Jericho? He never got his shot to be something more then a one time transitional champion several years later. But we all remembered he was the champ. Now think about what they just wasted knowing a monster heel just like kozlov just like umaga just like khali has the title. Fucking yay amirite? Just cause it happens fast doesn't negate it's value. They could be building up their midcard.

Sheamus is not a transitional champ. There is no way the WWE had Sheamus beat Cena just to transition the belt to another face. If that was the case they would have given it to Orton or booked Orton to keep the belt until the face they had in mind was ready. If anything, Cena was the transitional champ from Orton to Sheamus.

Sheamus is getting the Lesnar push.

Look for Sheamus to carry the belt to Mania, where he will face either Cena, HBK, HHH, or even Taker.

Honestly, I would like to see Cena get screwed out of his rematch, win the Rumble, and chase Sheamus to Mania. The crowd will really get behind Cena.

Really? you see this guy
being the next big thing?

If they really follow up Cena with Sheamus I'ma quit watching wrestling. Honestly I only like Edge and Jericho and I haven't been watching consistently since Edge and Lita so yeah that would be the straw. Ask for new stars and they give us Sheamus. lmao Would be just wrong to see a monster heel run turn into something big. Would make me dread every new big guy i see walking in hte place. Fuck i'd have to stop watching wrestling. Too bad there's no way in hell that's going to happen. Ain't no way they're going to make big money off of Sheamus. No possible way. He's only here for a couple of months guys until he's repackaged and drops the irish thing come back with a faction then work himself into singles competition where he'll be the star of the undercard. He's going to be a WCW Finlay back when he had potential, if he even lasts.

Great One

Well I think the stipulation was that Orton could not get a title shot while Cena had the belt (Basically the HHH/Orton storyline from 2004 rehashed). So it wouldn't have been out of the realm of possibility for Orton to help someone beat Cena so he can have a chnace at the title again.
OMG! Someone is thinking, nice!

CenaMark54

Really? you see this guy

If they really follow up Cena with Sheamus I'ma quit watching wrestling. Honestly I only like Edge and Jericho and I haven't been watching consistently since Edge and Lita so yeah that would be the straw. Ask for new stars and they give us Sheamus. lmao Would be just wrong to see a monster heel run turn into something big. Would make me dread every new big guy i see walking in hte place. Fuck i'd have to stop watching wrestling.

Well you better stop watching now, because it already happened. They just don't push a newcomer to the title in 4 months for no reason at all. The guy obviously has talent and will be a big part of the WWE's future plans.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
My entire point was there wouldn't be angles to drop if they planned ahead. And even if there was, look at the Kofi storyline, that plays in perfectly.

How was the Kofi/Orton feud conclusively finished? It wasn't. So no, it doesn't play in perfectly. And again you assume that they didn't plan this ahead in the first place.

Again, read what I said about Kofi. There is logical reasonings and he doesn't have to want it for himself. He would interfere in Kofi/Cena so he can allow Kofi to win so HE can get a title shot. That is the epitome of logic.

Except it lacks logic in it's inception because I guarantee you if they dropped the Kofi/Orton angle for no reason at all you'd bitch that they didn't finish the angle.

And what exactly was Miz doing that he couldn't have won the battle royale? Exactly.

Nothing but he was pretty well squashed already.

monkeystyle

Reaction score

If that's the case then I am wrong and I apologize. I stand by the fact though that Kofi would not have gotten a great reaction beating Cena and that it would've been counter productive to his push to have done this.

Really? you see this guy

This statement exemplifies why you are wrong. Simply because you cannot see it means that no one else can and that strictly what you can see matters. It is not objective.

And G1, I already covered Miz in my last post and Big Show well it's obvious he was a tag champ with Jericho in a feud with DX. Also he is not a new star. So yeah, let's drop one of our biggest angles at the moment and put the belt on a guy it will do nothing for.

Great One

How was the Kofi/Orton feud conclusively finished? It wasn't. So no, it doesn't play in perfectly. And again you assume that they didn't plan this ahead in the first place.

Except it lacks logic in it's inception because I guarantee you if they dropped the Kofi/Orton angle for no reason at all you'd bitch that they didn't finish the angle.

Easy. Kofi eliminates Orton in that battle royale, instead, he wins the whole thing (Sheamus eliminates himself earlier to fuck someone up). The build goes about same way up to the match (i.e. Orton vs. Kofi but now throw Cena into the mix too with Orton saying his usual "I don't care who gets da belt I will be DUBYU DUBYU EE CHAMPION!" When the match comes around, Orton obviously interferes except he accidentally costs Cena the title. Kofi wins the title, we're in the same position we are now. Now you can go the route of a triple threat, since Orton can legitimately get a shot at the belt now, you could have Kofi win AGAIN (due to a set up or capitalizing on someone's finisher like the punt). OR, you could have Cena/Orton engage in another feud except non-title and have Legacy pushed to fight Kofi to 'defend' Orton. I mean fuck, there's so many possibilities here, come on.
How the fuck is this dropping the Kofi/Orton? No, I wouldn't care because they aren't DROPPING SHIT (and then I wouldn't care anyways as long as Cena doesn't have the belt). This just proves how much of a mastermind Orton is, if he ran in and cost Cena the title to allow Kofi to win. They're all STILL feuding, how aren't you getting this? Didn't you just admit it was you who wasn't using logic all along over this?

Nothing but he was pretty well squashed already.
I guess you didn't read this either:
So? Don't squash him this time. Before he wasn't US champion and had beaten every mid carder he could. He's credible now (or would have been credible in this hypothetical situation), it was simply up to booking now. One thing I can guaran-fucking-tee you is that Miz woulda gotten 10x more heat and possibly the most heat out of everyone if he beat Cena. He is the most over heel on Raw.
Lol, so fucking what, he lost several months ago. It was also his first shot at the main event. Go back and read that main event pushing formula (lose once, win the next?) because it applies perfectly here. MIZ IS THE MOST OVER HEEL ON RAW (and US champion and has beaten all of his challengers), if you can't realize that you need to get your ears AND your eyes checked. And if you think he'd get more heat or reaction than Sheamus winning you need a new brain.

Also he is not a new star.
Yeah, I'll agree here on Show, but the original point I was arguing was there wasn't any other 'transitional champs.' Show is also not much older than Sheamus, fyi. Also, this still keeps the list at Kofi, Legacy, and Miz from RAW. The WWE coulda bullshitted some reason to jump someone over from ECW or SD as well.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Even if Sheamus drops the title back to Cena he still has one thing that Snitsky, Umaga, Knox etc don't have. He was World Champion. That in and of itself is big.