Grand Theft Auto V *Official Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
gta-v-echo-parkjpg-19d2fa.jpg

gta-v-venice-beachjpg-19d2f9_640w.jpg

Rsggtavscreenshot041jpg-19d225.jpg

Rsggtavscreenshot060-tifjpg-19d224.jpg

Fucking sexy.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm not gonna lie, those first two images fooled me at first. Didn't pay much attention to detail, then I saw the 3rd pic (seen before) and scrolled back up.

If those are what the in-game graphics look like, holy motherfucking god.

lolnextgen. Please. I honestly think PS4 and XBox720 (or whatever it's called) are going to flop big time if they're rushed into next year. This era is still going strong.

AF.

Reaction score
I don't feel the need for a next-gen any time soon. All it's gonna do is make game dev's focus more on graphics instead of lengthy, quality games.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I find it seriously hard to believe that even improved graphics could sell a new console from Microsoft and Sony. Those two systems both run 1080p resolution and 3D. They're at the absolute pinnacle of current viewing technology. They could make more powerful systems with superior processing capability, but to do what? I don't see how that makes it absolutely necessary to buy a new system. Running social media platforms simultaneously and having more AI's walking around doesn't really sound like something that's worth a $500+ investment.

They're just scared of Nintendo and Nintendo really doesn't even compete with them. The smarter between Sony and Microsoft would be the company that doesn't get caught up in the hype and stands pat and lets the other roll it's bank account launching an expensive system that no one buys.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Also, just found out they may not have the 3 characters as simply just choosing one for the whole game. You will probably play as all 3, and it just changes randomly.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Hopefully you can change between the 3 at your own discretion.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[MENTION=494]We Are Legion[/MENTION]

You can. Game Informer said that from the demo they saw in New York, the play tester brought up a quick menu to switch characters, the camera pulls away from the affluent community where Michael lives and zooms out to a Google Earth-style vantage before dropping into a ramshackle trailer in a desert region of the map. Then we greet Trevor. Then I assume something somewhat similar happens with Franklin.

That's at the start of the game with Michael I believe.

9RA1c.jpg
jCSie.jpg

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Okay then, that's no biggie. It would get a little weird being constantly swapped between characters in accordance to what the storyline calls for, but if it's somewhat optional and you're doing it for a more optimal ending, then that's fine. Switching protagonists constantly could get pretty confusing.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Oh. My. GOD.

I didn't see the screens, that's really something....I have an X360 rotting away in the cupboard, to the owners of PS3s, is there any point in investing in a PS3 at this point in it's lifecycle? I mean, besides GTA, do the exclusives alone warrant an investment? (I've only ever owned a PS2, Xbox, X360 and a few gaming PCs.)

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Not sure what types of exclusives you're into, but I've always found PS3 to be a lot less hassle all around. The PS Store also has a much superior library of games and movies that you can download and you don't pay anything to play online which is really where XBL sucks. XBL gamers will tell you "Oh it's just the cost of 1 game per year..." Yeeeeeeah and PS is the cost of NOTHING per year, so there you have it. The only game 360 has that I sort of miss is the Halo series, but it's not worth committing to a system for. The perks of PSN just simply outweigh XBL in every conceivable way.