Grand Theft Auto V *Official Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I have both a 360 and a PS3 and I find myself buying more games on PS3, Sony has already declared their intentions to release their next system after Microsoft has released theirs. Plus if you do want to get Playstation Plus it is a pretty sweet deal, $60 for a year gets you free games that are a mix of full releases and arcade games and as long as you keep your subscription valid you can always play those games.
Most people who gravitate towards a 360 is for the people who want to play online because the 360 has a larger base of players online so you don't see a games online population die off as fast in less popular games. Luckly GTA is the kind of game there will always be plenty of people playing online, especially if you join Rockstar Social Club and see all the events they host on their games.
Another big plus of getting a PS3 is you will have a chance to check out The Last of Us, a game made by the same people who make Uncharted which are 3 great exclusive games for the PS3.
Not to mention Sony historically has a better record of supporting their current system while transitioning into the next gen so that is always a plus if you are still hoping to get some more new titles coming out as well as the giant backlog of games you may have missed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Mainly God of War and the Sly Cooper/Ratchet and Clank games.

Agree with the Sony supporting their consoles thing, 100%. I remember MS discontinuing support for the Xbox almost immediately after the 360 was released, while God of War 2 came out in what...2007? I think Sony will release atleast 2-3 games that are worth looking at.

Holy shit, GTA V, cannot believe it's already here. The only game I sat up all night to play this gen was GTA IV. Finished it in one continuous sitting with methodically spaced out intervals. One of the best video game series IMO.

Reaction score
If you haven't read any of the details of what they've announced on GTA V already read above, absolute madness. The first thing I had read was how the map was bigger than GTA IV, San Andreas and Vice City combined and my mind was already spinning.
I certainly didn't enjoy the GTA IV story as much as the other games but the multiplayer had me playing that game much more. I will say I thought the 2 DLCs were overall better stories than the main game, but it looks like this new 3 character idea is going to be a smart move on Rockstar's behalf. I guess this means they've adopted DLCs having a new character and story that branches out of the main story, I can't be any bigger of a fan of this concept and can't wait to see all the new characters in GTA V.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I am not happy with the date being moved to September. I was very much looking forward to playing it in either April or May. Having to wait longer is always annoying.

As to the question about buying a PS3 being worth it, Legion answered your question. I own both consoles, but much prefer PS3. Especially dat Blu Ray.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
I was looking forward to April as well! Easter holiday break n all...

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Oh well, gives me more time to pay off my game, and possible chance Rockstar might give out some swag for compensation of having to wait.

Reaction score
I'm definitely anxious to see what the Collector's Edition is going to look like, I still use my gym bag and lock box from my GTA IV CE.
Lucking out at the time I got myself a replica Statue of Happiness and a BurgerShot t-shirt too working at a video game store.

Ryan

Reaction score
I'm disappointed that it got pushed back because I wanted it to be released right before summer so that I could play it over break when I don't have to worry about my grades plummeting as a result. The delay didn't surprise me though considering GTA IV got pushed back by 6 months and I suppose if it results in a better game, it's nothing to get mad over. Consider this, if Activision were making this game and it was COD instead of GTA, everything would just be "That'll do" and the game would be released on schedule but it wouldn't be half as good and there would be some sort of massive glitch on day 1 that required a patch. How can we get mad when a company wants to give us a game that could conceivably be worth the $60 we're going to pay for it?

Last edited:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
NEW SCREENSHOTS:

actual_1364387583.jpg

actual_1364387676.jpg

actual_1364387711.jpg

actual_1364387769.jpg

actual_1364387804.jpg

actual_1364387839.jpg

actual_1364387879.jpg

actual_1364387917.jpg

actual_1364387976.jpg

actual_1364388019.jpg

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Game looks beautiful. Amazing. Seems like a lot of detail has gone into it and even for the smallest things as well. The fact they're taking longer to release this is a good thing tbh. The ocean looks pretty sweet as well judging from those screenshots and previous ones. Game is going to be a lot of fun. Can't wait for it to be released. Wonder if they will release a new trailer soon? Cover art will prob be the next thing to come imo.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
They've got 2 trailers so far. They usually do 4. So I'd imagine at least another one shall be coming out soon. I am so excited for this it's crazy! That environment looks so sexy that I know it will be worth the wait!

Ryan

Reaction score
Cover looks awesome. Same style as usual but I like the art selection nonetheless. I'm a little worried about how the aging console hardware will handle the game's size and detail, but I'm sure Rockstar will work it out.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Presenting two new artwork releases, both glimpsed in our recently revealed official Grand Theft Auto V cover. This Cash and Carry pair of illustrations depicts Michael and Franklin getting things done – by sea, or by land.
Of course many other modes of transport will also be available to accommodate your travel needs across Los Santos and Blaine County on September 17th...

Download this new artwork in a wide variety of desktops, backgrounds, avatars, icons and more via Rockstar Downloads.

smfmasZ.jpg

Cash and Carry: By Sea

xtgkP3G.jpg

Cash and Carry: By Land

Meh. Might use one as my wallpaper. I want a new trailer soon!