"Glory, Hallelujah" | Barry Presents - The American Civil War - Mafia GAME THREAD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
I don’t disagree. We should make the hybrid the standard imo

on MU they have the first day with no majority so it has to go to deadline and we get a lynch (as D1 is the most valuable) and then majority gets turned on from D2. I actually really like that system.

the problem with MU is it has set deadlines, so hammering somebody does not end day early and you have to wait until deadline for their flip. HATE that. As a result hardly anybody ever gets hammered lol

I think adopting their system, but keep our deadline fluidity that we already have is almost a perfect system. Probably best for discussion post game tho
we have night posts here. they dont there so they need the wait until deadline more than here yeah

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
But scum don’t get similarly punished for “choosing” to be inactive do they? No, just town do.

I don’t know why you’d feel cheated. It’s your responsibility as scum to push the lynch where you want it and if you fail then you don’t have the required thread control. Sitting back and hoping for a no lynch because town don’t have enough players is playing the game on easy mode lol

and yes they do, but that will NEVER happen so there’s no point in saying it. The only other option is to refuse some signups so we can have a beefed up rep list, but that kinda sucks and we want everyone to be able to play?
Town is punished because town is choosing to be inactive. It’s town’s responsibility to make a lynch. Scum’s job is to make a lynch not happen or make a myslynch happen. They achieve that.

I think removing no lynches allows town to play on easy mode. I’d be mad as scum every time a teammate dies and there wasn’t a majority made to make it happen. I’d feel cheated af.

The problem here is people need to play if they sign up.

i used to like plurality more before but i have recently being enjoying how majority forces town to be more engaged and less lazy. its 100% towns fault. if u cant play dont sign up or just sub out. u r hurting ur alignment by being inactive as town. thats all there is to it. not only u r making it harder to achieve lynch but also making town spend time and resources discussing and trying to solve ur inactive slot instead of using this time/resources/abilities on mafia.

we missed the day 1 lynch so now its our wakeup call to get day 2 lynch going

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
But scum don’t get similarly punished for “choosing” to be inactive do they? No, just town do.

I don’t know why you’d feel cheated. It’s your responsibility as scum to push the lynch where you want it and if you fail then you don’t have the required thread control. Sitting back and hoping for a no lynch because town don’t have enough players is playing the game on easy mode lol

and yes they do, but that will NEVER happen so there’s no point in saying it. The only other option is to refuse some signups so we can have a beefed up rep list, but that kinda sucks and we want everyone to be able to play?
scum can only play how town lets them play tho. if the average town is inactive then scum can be inactive to blend in with the average. if the average town is active then scum has to be active.

inactive scum gets very punished if town is active. its not scums job to play the thread and scum hunt. they shud not be punished for being inactive other than making it easier for us to find them assuming all town is active.

we deserve to lose if we remain inactive and unable to get a lynch. if we feel like lynch is hard to get by EoD we can reach a hammer before EoD

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Not really, inactive players just go into the poe pool along with the inactive townies and just blend in. Most of the time the whole pool being ignored to chase people actively posting. Inactivity ONLY benefits scum. There’s no downside for them.

i sign up, draw town and drop 500 posts and put in a shit tonne of effort. Not really my fault 4 of my teammates either got busy in RL, had some emotional turmoil that meant they couldn’t face playing, forgot about the game as it started much later than signups or just decided they didn’t wanna play yet I’m being punished for it because no matter my effort level, it’s pretty impossible for me to get a win?

I think we disagree mostly because you just want an easy ride as scum if I’m honest lolol

but leaving it up to the host is probably best anyway. They can decide how they want their game to run
yeah its not ur fault. they shud be subbed out or simply not sign up to the game if they r busy. otherwise just get modkilled so the number required to reach majority is lower

its still collectively towns fault to miss the lynch. we had it in our hands and we missed it.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Since when did WC start forced full day phases?
smark the discussions that u r engaged in are mostly meaningless. its not helping me put u in the town pile. ill give u day 2 as a make or break. i do think u r a hostile indie potentially

Reactions: Sister Abigail

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
On WG where I've played about 5-6 games, they have a hybrid system. 48 hours day 1, then it's plurality/majority based on the time limit set by the host for every other phase from there. One game even had a rule where players must have a post count above a certain threshold each day phase or they'd be modkilled, which I liked, cos it prevented people stalling and leading to the "x is inactive" nonsense we get stuck in.
not all hosts in WG do the hybrid thing btw. its mostly plurality there. but yeah we punish inactivity by modkills very often lol.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
smark the discussions that u r engaged in are mostly meaningless. its not helping me put u in the town pile. ill give u day 2 as a make or break. i do think u r a hostile indie potentially
You literally just posted 5 replies to the conversation. it could have been concise and left at one post.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Oh Mando is town. Going to need to recalibrate that.

I'm hoping Baldrick is home tonight. Might even stop by Tweet as well.

@Ekkologix you wanted my scum list? Baldrick >> Tweet >> TBA. I need to recalibrate cos I was gunning on Jeff hitting scum.
i dont get the purpose of saying this as town. why r u doing it?

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
You literally just posted 5 replies to the conversation. it could have been concise and left at one post.
3 actually. this isnt the type of discussions that i am heavily engaged on. it covers a very small percentage of my recent posts

smark on the other hand went from this topic to discussing holt's discord games / WC games. i didnt like this long chain of side conversations by him. specially since he previously seems not very engaged in game solving discussions

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
3 actually. this isnt the type of discussions that i am heavily engaged on. it covers a very small percentage of my recent posts

smark on the other hand went from this topic to discussing holt's discord games / WC games. i didnt like this long chain of side conversations by him. specially since he previously seems not very engaged in game solving discussions

Would a solution here be for Smark to do a post where he sets out his thoughts on each player that a few of us have done already?

That way you can get something that you may consider worthwhile out of him. I wouldn’t say that he is the only one making post unconnected to the game.

Why do you have an Indy lean as opposed to a mafia one? Where’s the distinction between the two for you there?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So playing catch up.

Town
Mando

Unsure
Poyser - Everyone has him as the truest of town folk. He's called out RD and Mando directly. I think it was mistakes but I'd like a wait and see on it now.

Tweet - I think the ekko agenda had everyone leaning scum but I'm not willing to go along with that. Some mentioned RD and Tweets convo which they both admitted to feeling each other out. But they do end up going at each other again which is why I'm not completely clearing him.

Switchblade- I've gone back and forth.

Scum
Ace Marvel - Doesn't really do any probing he just agrees with anyone that calls out people that aren't him. He's asked for how people lean but never gave any himself.

Sister Abigail - I jokingly agreed with him that RD was scum and then he comes at me with you playing soft on like page 2 or 3. I jokingly said maybe a should target him and we've been off an on with each other since, seemingly anytime I post he's got a problem with something in the post. I assume it's cause I'm so green and hard to read? So he was going hard at RD from the Jump, then latched on me knowing I'd be easy prey and could divert eyes on me.

Ekko - He's aligned with SA for the Supreme Alliance almost straight away. He posed the question are you town to which SA said yes and then they immediately start defending each other. Though he has listed SA as lean scum once. His scum picks have been RD Tweet . The tweet is scum agenda didn't start until Ekko made the claim. Without anything to really back it up. He only defends it 30 pages later after pushing RD is scum agenda most of the time. The defence being they attacked each other then moved on. They clearly posted that they resolved it.

Lean Scum
Balderick - Who wants a vote on them? Like how do you claim that and not come off a bit scummy?

T-Pein - Worst Player Ever - I think a sit back and let everyone else duke it out is a scum approach.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
@Ekkologix would like your thoughts on my wagon analysis as well

In fact, @Poyser as well

Anybody else free to provide insights as well.