"Glory, Hallelujah" | Barry Presents - The American Civil War - Mafia GAME THREAD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
On WG where I've played about 5-6 games, they have a hybrid system. 48 hours day 1, then it's plurality/majority based on the time limit set by the host for every other phase from there. One game even had a rule where players must have a post count above a certain threshold each day phase or they'd be modkilled, which I liked, cos it prevented people stalling and leading to the "x is inactive" nonsense we get stuck in.

I’ve seen and done similar things to that as well. I believe I did a game where everyone had to hit a certain number of posts as a group and if some people didn’t get enough posts then they were barred from using any night actions they may have had.

Reactions: Lethal

Baldrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect
Favorite Wrestler
teddibiase
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Oh Mando is town. Going to need to recalibrate that.

I'm hoping Baldrick is home tonight. Might even stop by Tweet as well.

@Ekkologix you wanted my scum list? Baldrick >> Tweet >> TBA. I need to recalibrate cos I was gunning on Jeff hitting scum.
I will be at home yes.

Sent from my SM-A137F using Tapatalk

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
What do you mean by Tweet ‘as well’? Seems strange that you’d be able to perform more than one check in the same night?
I'm not going to outwardly say who I'm visiting in the game thread lol. Baldrick and Tweet are my chief suspects, but I'm certainly not limiting my pool here. Some of the players with low post counts might be worth a visit as well.
I’ve seen and done similar things to that as well. I believe I did a game where everyone had to hit a certain number of posts as a group and if some people didn’t get enough posts then they were barred from using any night actions they may have had.
I actually like that too.
I will be at home yes.

Good.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
A little common ground though is if you’re gonna have automatic lynches every phase, hammers have to still be allowed. Forced 24-hour phases would be dreadful after day 2. Imagine having cop info and you can’t hammer a caught scum. Gross.
Yeah I’d deffo still have majority enabled too. I like majority on the whole and probably prefer it, but I do really enjoy end of day when you’ve got say 3 wagons with 4 votes each and any one of them can go over. It’s pretty exciting

i just think the hybrid system would suit this place a lot more cos like I said, we don’t wanna start capping signups to ensure we have 3 reps, as I’d rather just let everyone that wants to sign up play. But with doing that we pretty much leave ourselves short every game. I’ve never seen a single game in my life without some inactive players lol, even the champs finale had one.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I dont know how else to say it other than that again saying that I was genuinely lost/confused at the bwginning of this game. The longer this game goes on, the more confident about people Ill get.

Man, you know you take on way more of a leader role as town. As Ive continued to think about it though, I need to give you the same learning curve that Ive given myself and while I still dont feeling like youre leading town at all, I have found myself agreeing with most of what youre saying.

Its like 4 AM here and Ive sjust truly skimmed the last 16 pages so Ill check back in and give a clearer perspective later. Im exhausted.
I don’t mind you being lost. I think that’s perfectly understandable and I never scum read anybody for being lost

the problem here is it patently looked like you just made up a read in order to fill out your reads list, which is something only a scum would do lol, as I don’t really think town would think about making up reads cos they have too many neutrals etc

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I'm not going to outwardly say who I'm visiting in the game thread lol. Baldrick and Tweet are my chief suspects, but I'm certainly not limiting my pool here. Some of the players with low post counts might be worth a visit as well.

I actually like that too.

Good.
I’d much much much rather you hit a low poster than baldrick or tweet

we have too many and they need sorting

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Im not opposed to hybriding day one, even as scum, working to a no lynch on d1 is boring and kind of pussy shit anyways. u can hide every other phase

Baldrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect
Favorite Wrestler
teddibiase
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I'll also throw it out there that I will not be pressured into using the duel.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Im not opposed to hybriding day one, even as scum, working to a no lynch on d1 is boring and kind of pussy shit anyways. u can hide every other phase
Well my thing was you hybrid the entire game, D1 would have no majority and just whoever has the most votes at deadline

like I said tho probably best to leave up to each individual host, but that’s probably how I’ll have my games going forward

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Well unless the first time I do it is a shit show I guess lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
just dont do the lock vote thing lol that didnt work out as well as we wanted

Reactions: Poyser

T-Pein™

Festive T-Pein™
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
JohnHunter4
This is in reference to day ending in a no lynch but I think we should introudce the other lynch system around here, so whoever has most dies anyway. We often end up running out of time in no lynhes and I think it could work

You learning

:WOW

• Haha
Reactions: Ekkologix

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
also @Doddsy I dont really believe you that you thought I played badly all day. you've seen me play as all alignments a million times and you've seen plenty of nuance in my games that you should have had at least some doubt, especially with people like Poyser not biting on me and having nno real scum motivation to claim that role so early. Im not going to say I dont believe you that you thought I was scum, but the way you hyperfixated and the rest of your reads were extremely shallow (imo) is one of your scum tells ive seen before. pick a person, hyper focus, give general reads about the others after going all in on the person you focus on so you look busy. the fact I flipped town is only part of the problem, the rest of it is what makes it sketchy, to me.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'd say Marvel, Baldy and Tweet or Tommy there. I'd probably put Tommy over Tweet, Tweet put himself too much on the razor edge for little to no benefit

I assume cause we're seen as harder to read

I don't understand your point here in bold, he can't exaclty come in and 180 off all his earlier reads and expect to not be called up for it

I think you may be wrong on Poyser I don't think he had any votes.

I did not come in until most of the first day had already passed and it was already Sunday night by then, so once the next phase flips around I should be around for more of it
on the positive side, I do like that you gave at least some game related thoughts at night. so thats at least cool

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I’d much much much rather you hit a low poster than baldrick or tweet

we have too many and they need sorting
how do you feel about lethal openly discussing cop targets?