"Glory, Hallelujah" | Barry Presents - The American Civil War - Mafia GAME THREAD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
In my personal opinion it’s town’s responsibility to come to a consensus and make a lynch happen and scum need to distract town enough to either myslynch or no lynch. I think it punishes scum if they can still be lynched when town couldn’t even reach majority to make it happen.

Though, I’m not opposed it making day 1 go the distance. I always felt day 1 shouldn’t be cut short. That’s the day you can really sort through the muck in so if day 1 is forced deadline and then majority every other day I’d be fine with that.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Would also help a lot with the level of inactivity we invariably get too. One of the reasons scum win so often here is it’s super hard for town to get a lynch with such inactivity and we regularly have games with 2 and sometimes even 3 no lynches
That’s on town, though. Scum shouldn’t lose because town get a handicap for inactive players. People need to play if they signup, imo.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Having no majority on D1 would also solve not allowing mafia to use it on D1 too, without having to add an arbitrary restriction on it

I probably made a mistake that time I said we should use it as soon as humanly possible to cut D1 super short as that would be massively beneficial to us. Now everybody wants to do it :heston

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Having no majority on D1 would also solve not allowing mafia to use it on D1 too, without having to add an arbitrary restriction on it

I probably made a mistake that time I said we should use it as soon as humanly possible to cut D1 super short as that would be massively beneficial to us. Now everybody wants to do it :heston
Do you mean executes? Yeah, I don’t allow those on day 1 for that reason.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
That’s on town, though. Scum shouldn’t lose because town get a handicap for inactive players. People need to play if they signup, imo.
It’s not really on town though is it. It’s something that happens that isn’t even really game related. When half the game doesn’t show up, it’s hard to get a lynch. I don’t really see why town should be punished for it? The fact that scum are winning 90% of games on this site kind of backs up that the way we do things is just benefiting them. Inactivity benefits scum in thread, it’s not really an achievement to force a no lynch when loads of people didn’t show up is it? It’s rewarding mediocrity

i don’t think it’s a punishment for scum either really. It’s actually a lot easier for scum to influence wagons when majority isn’t needed because a wagon with 3 votes starts to look like a serious wagon. On MU at EoD there’s usually 2-4 wagons that could realistically go over, so the amount of manouverability and possibility you have at the end is pretty massive.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It’s not really on town though is it. It’s something that happens that isn’t even really game related. When half the game doesn’t show up, it’s hard to get a lynch. I don’t really see why town should be punished for it? The fact that scum are winning 90% of games on this site kind of backs up that the way we do things is just benefiting them. Inactivity benefits scum in thread, it’s not really an achievement to force a no lynch when loads of people didn’t show up is it? It’s rewarding mediocrity

i don’t think it’s a punishment for scum either really. It’s actually a lot easier for scum to influence wagons when majority isn’t needed because a wagon with 3 votes starts to look like a serious wagon. On MU at EoD there’s usually 2-4 wagons that could realistically go over, so the amount of manouverability and possibility you have at the end is pretty massive.
Town is punished because town is choosing to be inactive. It’s town’s responsibility to make a lynch. Scum’s job is to make a lynch not happen or make a myslynch happen. They achieve that.

I think removing no lynches allows town to play on easy mode. I’d be mad as scum every time a teammate dies and there wasn’t a majority made to make it happen. I’d feel cheated af.

The problem here is people need to play if they sign up.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Town is punished because town is choosing to be inactive. It’s town’s responsibility to make a lynch. Scum’s job is to make a lynch not happen or make a myslynch happen. They achieve that.

I think removing no lynched allows town to play on easy mode. I’d be mad as scum every time a teammate dies and there wasn’t a major made to make it happen. I’d feel cheated af.

The problem here is people need to play if they sign up.
But scum don’t get similarly punished for “choosing” to be inactive do they? No, just town do.

I don’t know why you’d feel cheated. It’s your responsibility as scum to push the lynch where you want it and if you fail then you don’t have the required thread control. Sitting back and hoping for a no lynch because town don’t have enough players is playing the game on easy mode lol

and yes they do, but that will NEVER happen so there’s no point in saying it. The only other option is to refuse some signups so we can have a beefed up rep list, but that kinda sucks and we want everyone to be able to play?

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Imo when inactivity is so bad that you’re just no lynching multiple times, the real loser is the host and the game itself

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
But scum don’t get similarly punished for “choosing” to be inactive do they? No, just town do.

I don’t know why you’d feel cheated. It’s your responsibility as scum to push the lynch where you want it and if you fail then you don’t have the required thread control. Sitting back and hoping for a no lynch because town don’t have enough players is playing the game on easy mode lol

and yes they do, but that will NEVER happen so there’s no point in saying it. The only other option is to refuse some signups so we can have a beefed up rep list, but that kinda sucks and we want everyone to be able to play?
Nah, scum do get punished. Inactive players always get sussed out and it hurts the team because being the party that’s supposed to be in the know is the whole point and it falls apart if a teammate isn’t doing their part in thread or your chat.

I’d feel cheated because we did that. Town couldn’t decide to hammer out teammate therefore they should still be alive. Scum don’t have to lynch townies to win, townies have to lynch scum to win. It’s a completely different endgame.

It’s far easier to win guaranteeing there’s always a lynch every phase than making a no lynch happen. They’re not even that common. We only missed this phase because people were still parking their votes that were in thread when they knew deadline was coming. That’s just poor decision making.

That or some are scum, and in that case they MADE that no lynch happen. Anyways, we just don’t agree. No big deal.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Personally don’t think we should automatically assume that inactive players are town. The chances of them being assigned mafia are the same as the rest of us at the start of the game.

Reactions: Poyser

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Sayer giving a town read to a player that hasn’t been active at all from what I can see is super weird though, and he can’t use the two Aces as an excuse when he scum read the other. If Sayer did get lynched then that inactive Ace might be worth checking out.

Reactions: Poyser

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Sayer giving a town read to a player that hasn’t been active at all from what I can see is super weird though, and he can’t use the two Aces as an excuse when he scum read the other. If Sayer did get lynched then that inactive Ace might be worth checking out.
Sayer personally puzzles me this game.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Should say if Sayer did get lynched and was mafia.*

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Not really, inactive players just go into the poe pool along with the inactive townies and just blend in. Most of the time the whole pool being ignored to chase people actively posting. Inactivity ONLY benefits scum. There’s no downside for them.

i sign up, draw town and drop 500 posts and put in a shit tonne of effort. Not really my fault 4 of my teammates either got busy in RL, had some emotional turmoil that meant they couldn’t face playing, forgot about the game as it started much later than signups or just decided they didn’t wanna play yet I’m being punished for it because no matter my effort level, it’s pretty impossible for me to get a win?

I think we disagree mostly because you just want an easy ride as scum if I’m honest lolol

but leaving it up to the host is probably best anyway. They can decide how they want their game to run