"Glory, Hallelujah" | Barry Presents - The American Civil War - Mafia GAME THREAD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I do think though that there’s more chance of nailing a mafia through lynching someone who IS active, because we’re able to form an opinion on them. Like Tweet looks awful at the moment, and it’s because he’s posted lots and changed his story several times.

My alerts go up when there’s someone advocating a lynch of an inactive player over someone who has reason to be suspected due to what they’ve been saying in the thread. It’s not a very subtle form of deflection away from someone that they may not want lynched, but it’s still a way for them to divert attention elsewhere.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Sayer personally puzzles me this game.

I’d need to go through his posts some more, but he has made some questionable comments. Like saying I was being reserved in my posts when I’d barely posted and then making a point to comment about his own irl reasons for being busy.

Then there’s the aforementioned town read on Ace who hasn’t done anything.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I’m starting work properly now and I’ve got a busy day ahead of me so I won’t have much chance to check in on this. I should be back once day has started hopefully.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Not really, inactive players just go into the poe pool along with the inactive townies and just blend in. Most of the time the whole pool being ignored to chase people actively posting. Inactivity ONLY benefits scum. There’s no downside for them.

i sign up, draw town and drop 500 posts and put in a shit tonne of effort. Not really my fault 4 of my teammates either got busy in RL, had some emotional turmoil that meant they couldn’t face playing, forgot about the game as it started much later than signups or just decided they didn’t wanna play yet I’m being punished for it because no matter my effort level, it’s pretty impossible for me to get a win?

I think we disagree mostly because you just want an easy ride as scum if I’m honest lolol

but leaving it up to the host is probably best anyway. They can decide how they want their game to run
I don’t see how you forget all the x is so inactive we should probably lynch this phase posts that always pop up near day 5. It’s like 80% of games.

I think you’re overestimating how many no lynches happen a game. It’s usually just day 1 and sometimes a second day, but that’s typically it. And again, a lot of time it’s also because people park their votes.

And no, being scum isn’t an easy ride for me. Not even with majority. If a game is properly balanced it takes at least 3 myslynches and if you miss any nightkills, possibly 4-5 game days of avoiding being lynched.

I stand by the statement that far more scum players would get lynched without a hammer than scum would win simply because of no lynches. The idea that town can win a whole game and have split wagons every day is just personally mind boggling to me. I mean you could literally luck into winning when you never actually have to get a wagon to the finishing line. But agreed, host should pick.

Oneiros

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Good morning.

I'll be away for the day (or should I say night) as I have a deadline today for uni and I need to work on that. I see Ekko @me like 4 times, I'll try to read stuff before I go to bed depending on when I'm done with uni work.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
A little common ground though is if you’re gonna have automatic lynches every phase, hammers have to still be allowed. Forced 24-hour phases would be dreadful after day 2. Imagine having cop info and you can’t hammer a caught scum. Gross.

Captain Holt

AKA Sayer
Reaction score
I dont know how else to say it other than that again saying that I was genuinely lost/confused at the bwginning of this game. The longer this game goes on, the more confident about people Ill get.

Man, you know you take on way more of a leader role as town. As Ive continued to think about it though, I need to give you the same learning curve that Ive given myself and while I still dont feeling like youre leading town at all, I have found myself agreeing with most of what youre saying.

Its like 4 AM here and Ive sjust truly skimmed the last 16 pages so Ill check back in and give a clearer perspective later. Im exhausted.

Captain Holt

AKA Sayer
Reaction score
A little common ground though is if you’re gonna have automatic lynches every phase, hammers have to still be allowed. Forced 24-hour phases would be dreadful after day 2. Imagine having cop info and you can’t hammer a caught scum. Gross.
We've never had any real issue with it.

Makes the game flow better too

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Captain Holt

AKA Sayer
Reaction score
Im in a Discord mafia group as well. Theyve dobe that. Its different. Not my preferred way of playing, but its not awful. Has its pros and cons

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Tell me...when did I say WC?
Well, you never said who we was so that's on you I guess.

But I stand by what I said. I'd never play a game where day 5 has to go a full 24 hours when a lynch was decided 12 minutes into it.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ

On WG where I've played about 5-6 games, they have a hybrid system. 48 hours day 1, then it's plurality/majority based on the time limit set by the host for every other phase from there. One game even had a rule where players must have a post count above a certain threshold each day phase or they'd be modkilled, which I liked, cos it prevented people stalling and leading to the "x is inactive" nonsense we get stuck in.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Oh Mando is town. Going to need to recalibrate that.

I'm hoping Baldrick is home tonight. Might even stop by Tweet as well.

@Ekkologix you wanted my scum list? Baldrick >> Tweet >> TBA. I need to recalibrate cos I was gunning on Jeff hitting scum.

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Oh Mando is town. Going to need to recalibrate that.

I'm hoping Baldrick is home tonight. Might even stop by Tweet as well.

@Ekkologix you wanted my scum list? Baldrick >> Tweet >> TBA. I need to recalibrate cos I was gunning on Jeff hitting scum.

What do you mean by Tweet ‘as well’? Seems strange that you’d be able to perform more than one check in the same night?