General Gaming Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm noticing that that saying is becoming a bit more famous, look at some of the movies where people are getting hit with arrows, in the fucking knees!

AF.

Reaction score
Witcher 2 for Xbox 360, anybody got it?

Should I buy it whilst it's fairly expensive or wait until it's dirt cheap? I've heard the game is awesome. Never gotten around to looking at gameplay footage though.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Just finished FEAR 1, 2 & 3 in like 3-4 sittings along with Crysis 2. Maybe it's just me but the single player experiences in most modern games seem to be severely lacking in depth, Crysis 2, case in point. Not saying that it was bad, it was a huge, HUGE letdown in comparison to the first game.

Going back to play something actually interesting, like Rayman: Origins. This is the most brilliant platform game I've ever played in a while...really REALLY hope the sequel is not exclusive to the Wii U, I've lost all hope and faith in the concept of console gaming. A Fusion APU is supposed to be powering both the next gen consoles, that's just pathetic in terms of processing power. I'll probably hang to the 360 or upgrade to a 360 Slim and max out my PC instead. Windows 7 support has been extended till 2020, thank god for that...Windows 8 looks like a freakin' wreck of an OS, Metro UI my ass. A completely touch oriented OS for phones and tablets maybe, but PCs? No.

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Just finished Final Fantasy XIII-2 yesterday and I liked it a lot. Its the game FF13 should have been, if anyone here has played that.

I've also got Shadows of the Damned to begin tonight or tomorrow.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Been meaning to buy a copy of Shadows of the Damned, saw one for cheap at my local store, 1100 Rs. [Approx 20$.]

L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3 on my to play list also...shocked that they shut down Team Bondi after their game was pretty well reviewed.

Andy

Reaction score
Shadows of the Damned was a fucking sweet game. I've been playing FFXII recently (after not having played it since 05) and my god is it long, but it's probably one of my favorites in the series, just because I'm not that big of a fan of turn-based gameplay.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Been meaning to buy a copy of Shadows of the Damned, saw one for cheap at my local store, 1100 Rs. [Approx 20$.]

L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3 on my to play list also...shocked that they shut down Team Bondi after their game was pretty well reviewed.
i fucking hated shadows.the humor and just everything just turned me off.

AF.

Reaction score
Just finished Final Fantasy XIII-2 yesterday and I liked it a lot. Its the game FF13 should have been, if anyone here has played that.

I've also got Shadows of the Damned to begin tonight or tomorrow.

I really liked FF 13. Seen some bad scores and reviews about XIII-2, should I buy it? In what ways is it better than 13?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Ended up picking up Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $23 brand new from EB Games today. Gonna get stuck into it shortly. Should be a good game.

as I said in this thread before, I already played Arkham City.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I really liked FF 13. Seen some bad scores and reviews about XIII-2, should I buy it? In what ways is it better than 13?

FF13 I felt was more cinematic focused, paced very slowly and the gameplay was much more restrictive and linear. However, the story is a bit deeper than 13-2 which revolves around two characters, Serah and Noel.

Each game sort of shines where the other failed and vice versa, but FF13-2 allowed me to have more fun overall with plenty to do post-game.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
PS3 "Super Slim" 16GB base model for 150$ dollars and I'd be the happiest man. Not keen on any of the next gen consoles.

Did any of you actually bother with the Vita? If any of you have it, is it any good? Games seem ridiculously overpriced for a handheld....the games are more expensive than PS3/X360 games here, and about 6 times more expensive than a PC game..

AF.

Reaction score
Ended up picking up Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $23 brand new from EB Games today. Gonna get stuck into it shortly. Should be a good game.

as I said in this thread before, I already played Arkham City.

I just played through Arkham City on New Game Plus. I consider it a 10/10 game.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Some interesting news for you console fans...I'm planning on making the complete and final transition to PC gaming by maxing out my rig and getting a subscription for steam & EA Origin, but for those of you plan on getting the next Xbox, (assuming most of you are 360 gamers) here are the leaked specifications of the Xbox "Durango" (codename of the next Xbox)

Dango Durango -- Next-Gen Xbox developer kit in the wild. | PC Perspective

The devkit seems to feature an Intel processor (Eight core processor), which is suspected to be based on "Sandy Bridge" I believe, Intel's low power consuming mobile chip, 8GB of memory, and an nVidia graphics card. Although the final product will probably feature a lesser quantity of RAM. I remember reading on a website that developer kits usually have twice the amount of memory that a retail version console has, so I'd expect 4GB of memory. So Eight core processor made by Intel, some kind of high end nvidia graphics card, I'm guessing it'll be GTX 4xx-GTX 5xx level, and 4GB of memory. Eight core seems a bit overkill, maybe it's a 4 core with 8 threads? An eight core Intel CPU would considerable increase the cost of hardware...if it's an AMD eight core it'd be cheaper.

It looks exactly like a modern day gaming PC. If it's 350-450$, I'd expect good sales, but 500$+ would be an extremely high price to ask, given today's economy.

Well...goodbye home consoles, I've had some good times with you. :( Definitely not buying any of the next gen consoles. Something drastic would have to happen for my mind to change.

Last edited: