General Gaming Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
In the past couple days I have brought Far Cry 3 and Hitman: Absolution. Haven't played a lot of both but they're intriguing games and a lot of fun.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
When is the next full Alan Wake coming out?

Ben

Reaction score
Picked up the God Of War Origins Collection last week. Basically I'm a huge fan of the series and these are the 2 PSP games remastered in HD for the PS3.

Chains of Olympus is a ton of fun and what you would expect from a GOW game. Ghost of Sparta is AMAZING though, and out of the whole series of games may now be my favorite. Follows the formula of all the others gameplay wise, but the story is just imo the best they've done so far. Only knock is that it's kind of short something like 4-5 hours for me to beat it through on normal difficulty. Pick these up if your a fan of the series....got it used for around $17

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
When is the next full Alan Wake coming out?

I'm guessing Remedy will maintain a policy of pin drop silence on that one until at least early-mid 2014, and when it does come out it'll probably be Xbox exclusive (3? / Hopefully not 720 or "Durango", those are the most Blue names ever) for a substantial time period.

It was really one of the most captivating games of this gen imo. People say it didn't live up to the hype, but there was just something about it that set it apart..I don't know whether it was Remedy's touch or what. Have not played Max Payne 3 or any of the major post 2011 releases yet, so idk...

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Any of you old school RPG fans ever play a game called Monster Seed on the Playstation? I'm having a nostalgia night and I wish I could play it again.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Am I just crazy or does anyone else find Dishonored kind of boring? I did my non-lethal first playthrough around when the game came out and only picked it up again now and trying the chaotic play style, but I still can't get into it. The game is well designed, has some good ideas and all the things I like in a stealth game, but I just can't get drawn in. I think the setting just does nothing for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
News for console gamers.

New PS4 Specs Leak Based on January's Development Kit

The PlayStation 4 dev kit, likely to change...but I doubt it....I wouldn't be shocked if these were the final specs. And in case you don't know PC hardware (or are plain not interested) it's really, really powerful. Good news for all.

AMD FX 8-Core (Based on the "Bulldozer" architecture. i.e it is a Quad Core, each with two "modules")
8GB of RAM / AMD HD 7850-70 with 2GB video memory. (HD 7870 more likely.)
160GB Hard Disk (Better be solid state, otherwise 160GB is pretty shameful IMHO) plus a Blu-Ray drive for games.
Controller remains the same, but will add a touch pad, similar to the PlayStation "Vita"

Let's compare this with the present Xbox 360 specs.

IBM 3-Core CPU circa...2004?
512MB of GDDR3 RAM (Unified Architecture with the GPU) / AMD card with 10MB embedded DRAM
20GB portable Hard Disk

Yeah....you get the general idea.

News: Overnight news: new PS4 specs leak; 2k poised to announce WWE deal - CVG Australia

And as for THQ going kaput and the fate of the WWE video games, again good news, 2K sports is rumored to have acquired the franchise...(makers of the NBA 2K series)

I read somewhere else that Crytek managed to snab the Homefront series.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/387676/features/the-great-thq-bankruptcy-auction/

Game over.

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Can't be bothered searching for the link but a couple of days ago it was announced The Walking Dead game is coming to Australia now that the R18+ rating is in effect. TellTale said on their website it will be released on AUS's XBLA "very soon". Fucking sweet!

Speaking of which, those of you interested in arcade games should check out Bastion and Dust: An Elysian Tale. Both are surprisingly lengthy, smooth combat and Bastion in particular has some instances of unique storytelling.

Last edited:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
If you guys like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, it's on PSN for 15 bucks. And Vice City is coming soon, hopefully for the same price.

Ben

Reaction score
I've been trying to catch up on games before the streak of new games come out starting in February. Just finished up both the Batman Games and next on the list I have The Walking Dead followed up with Sleeping Dogs and then the new Devil May Cry.

Metal Gear Solid Rising comes out in February and that pretty much starts the non stop streak of games I will be playing going into the summer there's a ton of new stuff coming out I want at pretty much a monthly basis.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Am I just crazy or does anyone else find Dishonored kind of boring? I did my non-lethal first playthrough around when the game came out and only picked it up again now and trying the chaotic play style, but I still can't get into it. The game is well designed, has some good ideas and all the things I like in a stealth game, but I just can't get drawn in. I think the setting just does nothing for me.

Seriously?

I kind of think it's pretty good, but I'm just one and a half hours in. I think the setting is awesome. Hope it doesn't get boring as it goes on.

EDIT: Somewhat bad news for PS3 owners waiting for Last of Us, it's been delayed.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/13/the-last-of-us-delayed-to-june-14-worldwide/

Not by long, mind, but if you guys are the "no ability to delay gratification" type, then it must suck to be you.

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Seriously?

I kind of think it's pretty good, but I'm just one and a half hours in. I think the setting is awesome. Hope it doesn't get boring as it goes on.

Dishonored is designed brilliantly, I can totally admit that. The levels are designed in such a way that literally any approach or playstyle is valid, the presentation and aesthetic are unique, the game offers quite a few original ideas and Bethesda, as usual, did a great job with the "world-building". The criticisms I could actually list would be outweighed by the positives and I know pretty much everyone has it in their top 5's.

For some reason, however, I just couldn't get interested. The near-end twist caught me off guard, but I couldn't get invested in the action or the characters. I believe it may come back to Dishonored's moral choice system which a lot of the game is based around, but I thought it was artificial. You're not making the decisions you really want to make, you're trying to play all the way good or evil because the game tells you from the beginning that the story's conclusions depends on your playstyle. It really kneecapped the story for me.

OT - I bought the Hitman HD Collection on the weekend because it was released at a cheap price and I hadn't bought any games in a while. And it includes Blood Money. But as for Silent Assassin and Contracts, they are both so unforgivingly difficult and differently designed that its really, really hard to get into if you're not a "hardcore" gamer or not previously acquainted with the games. The first non-tutorial levels are still kicking my ass and I'm almost regretting the purchase. Blood Money is still delightful, though.

Last edited: