General Comic Book Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I got it on Comixology either the day it came out or the day after, but as usual it took forever for me to have time to sit down and actually read it, lol. I liked it though. Hoping the series will do well and be a good one. Curious to see how it goes. I can read Lumberjanes for my light-hearted, humorous chick comic and Bitch Planet as a dark, more intense chick comic. :haha:

I gave it a try because I love OitNB and I was thinking it would be like a sci-fi version of that show.. and I was kind of right. lol

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I like to browse though. Something has to catch my eye before I pick it up and look at it usually.

then I recommend http://www.midtowncomics.com/

Biggest comic store in the US of A.. it's in Times Square.. and, in my opinion, the best online comic retail store as well. I've placed 200+ orders with them with no damaged packages.. they bag and board the comics for you, shipping isn't awfully expensive. I visited them in NY one time before and I didn't leave for nearly 4 hours.. absolutely amazing experience.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
then I recommend http://www.midtowncomics.com/

Biggest comic store in the US of A.. it's in Times Square.. and, in my opinion, the best online comic retail store as well. I've placed 200+ orders with them with no damaged packages.. they bag and board the comics for you, shipping isn't awfully expensive. I visited them in NY one time before and I didn't leave for nearly 4 hours.. absolutely amazing experience.
I've ordered from there before. Nice place.

I'm dedicated, haha. I drive about an hour and a half to get to my favorite "local" shop. I'm in Alabama, after all. :haha:
More dedicated than me it seems lol

Reactions: Just Kevin

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
More dedicated than me it seems lol

lol, what can I say, I love the place. Have gotten on friendly terms with the staff, who are all awesome... attended events and befriended area artists through those. They let you browse and enjoy the experience. All around great place. The little comic shop I went before that was "eh." Place always smelled like smoke, which was a turnoff. Plus my friend didn't like it as much because if she would ask the shop owner a comic-related question, he would address me when he answered, lol. Guess he thought I was the butch one in the relationship or something. :haha: That or I just seemed more into comics than she did with her girly self, lol.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Releasing January 7th..

Wolverines #1..
946483b0367283734b74f25e53527298.jpg

From the pages of DEATH OF WOLVERINE, THE LOGAN LEGACY and the WEAPON X PROGRAM! Wolverine may be dead… but what will happen to his mortal remains, encased in something as rare and powerful as Adamantium? The battle for control of this valuable artifact has begun! But why does it matter so much… and why is a war brewing in Logan's name? Death is on the books for a dozen heroes and villains, and Mystique is playing chess with them all, including X-23, Sabretooth, Daken, Lady Deathstrike and more!

I've loved the stories in Logan Legacy and Weapon X Program so I am definitely looking forward to this new series.. should be excellent.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
WWE Superstars #10 was released last week but I just got around to reading it... now the comic series is written by Mick Foley and it is cheesy at times.. check out these 2 pages...

John Cena and Hulk Hogan got mutated into one person for a short time..
c9d57279b8ba32d48f1d1f95bbdae530.jpg

and in the next issue is something I think will be quite entertaining.. Hollywood Hogan vs Red and Yellow Hogan...
d3749d40c8397632f46b45bfdaa5b201.jpg

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I am caught up on Lumberjanes through issue 8. It may be considered one of my guilty pleasures in the comics world. It's not the type of thing I'd ordinarily read, but I've got to admit I am thoroughly enjoying it. It's a good, easy, lighthearted read, which is sometimes just what I need, especially on stressful days and/or days filled with drama. I really like the characters and am especially enjoying the writing and humorous lines. Then there's also the movie / TV references I enjoy such as "A League of Their Own" ("Lay off the high ones!" ... "I like the high ones!"), "Die Hard" ("Yippee ki yay, mother necessity!") and one that whether intentional or not made me think of "Arrested Development" (when in a make-shift "jail" two of the characters hug, and the "officer" says, "No touching!").

I also finally read the first issue of Deadpool's Art of War. Nice introduction to the series, and of course as a Deadpool fan I enjoyed it. I have issues 2 and 3 on hand to read once I get around to it, haha.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Finally read all of the comics I had on Standby, now I gotta go to the book store by me and use this $10 gift card on the 50 cent boxes.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Finally read Bitch Planet #1 last weekend. Very interesting to say the least, with a bit of a twist to it. Will be interested in checking out the next few issues to see how it goes.

I saw an article on this in Bitch magazine and meant to check it out. Thanks for the reminder!

I'm finally starting to read comic books/graphic novels again. Recently started Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 1 and Deadpool The complete volume 1.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score