General Comic Book Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Of course, I watch all the comics based series... except Gotham, oddly enough lol.

Supergirl, Flash, Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Legends of Tomorrow, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage.

Not comics based, but Scorpion and Timeless are the 2 other shows occupying my time..

Yeah, I was thinking you got more into watching TV and less into reading comics. :D Glad you could chime in with your thoughts on the series.

@Roadster is letting me down lately with the comics discussion. :okay: And no more female-based recommendations from @Majour. :downer:

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking you got more into watching TV and less into reading comics. :D Glad you could chime in with your thoughts on the series.

I might get back into reading them soon.. just have to find a good site to download from again. Not sure what I should get into though.

Once I do get back into them I'll start throwing random posts back on this thread again.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I might get back into reading them soon.. just have to find a good site to download from again. Not sure what I should get into though.

Once I do get back into them I'll start throwing random posts back on this thread again.

:yay:

I still recommend "Kill or Be Killed." So many other great ones, too.
Issue 3 of "Kill..." will be in my hands in the near future, though, and I can't wait to read it. There's also Harrow County, the DC Rebirth stuff, All-Star Batman (part of the Rebirth series, but listing separately anyway), etc., etc. The Wonder Woman series of Rebirth is also suppose to be good, but I haven't gotten the chance to start reading it yet. Of course, Cage! #1 just recently came out, too. I'm tempted to check out He-Man / Thundercats #1 just for the nostalgia. lol Cannibal intrigues me, but haven't checked it out. Same with Seven to Eternity, which I have heard is fantastic.

Just throwing some titles out there. You can take them as recommendations if you'd like, but also just a reminder for me of some of the ones I want to check out. lol

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score

@Roadster is letting me down lately with the comics discussion. :okay: And no more female-based recommendations from @Majour. :downer:

I know! I've been so busy that I haven't found the time recently. Got a bit of spare time now so hopefully I'll find new stuff!

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Zendaya Talks 'Michelle' in Spider-Man: Homecoming

Spencer Perry Comingsoon.net

It’s no secret that when an actor takes on a major role with the likes of Marvel Studios that they sign an extensive contract for the foreseeable future. Speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, Spider-Man himself Tom Holland was asked about his deal for playing the wall crawler and replied:

“They give you options, and those could be exercised whenever. Like a cameo in Avengers. I’m unclear as to which movies, though. I do know I have three Spider-Man movies and three solo movies contracted. But if you have another movie, Marvel is so good at working around it. They’re very respectful of your life, really. They understand that you have to work on other movies, and they try and fix it up so you can work around each other.”

It’s unclear what Holland means by “three solo movies.” It could entail appearances in movies starring other Marvel heroes or it could mean appearances in group films like Avengers: Infinity War. We’ve reached out to Sony Pictures for clarification on the matter and will update.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Random bump of this old thread....

Does anyone who is still around here still read comics? :please:

Anyone check out Farmhand? Oblivion Song?

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Random bump of this old thread....

Does anyone who is still around here still read comics? :please:

Anyone check out Farmhand? Oblivion Song?

*adds to the recommendation list after I stop crying because they cancelled my east coast Avengers*

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score

*adds to the recommendation list after I stop crying because they cancelled my east coast Avengers*

Sweet! But that sucks. :okay: Hope you enjoy Farmhand and Oblivion Song, though! I had requested them at my local comic shop since the owner wasn't going to get them in, then he became intrigued and checked them out, loved 'em, and recommended them to others. It was a good day in GN land.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Just gonna bump this thread. Currently reading:
Batwoman: Elegy (cause still addicted to Arrowverse and I need to know more about her)
Gwenpool Strikes Back (Its not as good as the original run and it's more Deadpooly than I like but hey, it's still Gwenpool)
Lois Lane (Her and Renee Montoya kicking butt!)
DCeased (Like the name suggests, everyone dies and it holds nothing back. Major Characters die every issue and it's brutal and I love it.)
Batman/Superman (2019) (I hate Batman....But this storyline with Bat who Laughs intrigues me and it's a creepy mystery because Bat who Laughs has brainwashed some people and you don't know who. )
The Amazing Spider-Man (2018) (This is my current favourite run other than DCeased. They're doing a tie in at the moment with Absolute Carnage which I don't really understand because I have to read that but undoing One More Day and bringing in a new villain of Dread who is genuinely terrifying. I approve.)
Spider-Verse (2019) (This one just started and I don't understand most of it so far but it had a cameo of a Mad Max Spider-Man so I'm all in.)
Die (Jumanji meets DnD basically. It's really dark and depressing but still keeps the intrigue alive)
Bloodborne (haven't started yet but a friend recommended it and said I didn't need to play the game to understand.)