General Comic Book Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a great morning to me. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the story; it seemed perfect for you.
Also, feel free to let me know what you think of the Suicide Squad movie. My friend wants to see it (she's a Harley fan, but was resisting this one since she's a fan of the classic Harley... then she gave in. lol), but no telling if or when we'll get to go see it with everything she has going on.

I'll be happy to share my opinions on it. I'm going Friday morning (last hurrah of Summer vacation).

wk

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Going on my "must read" list: Kill or Be Killed

First issue comes out tomorrow (August 3, for those in other time zones), and I'm a Brubaker fan, so will have to check it out sometime.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
This ties in with comic books, so thought I'd share it here. Be forewarned, it's a two-part video with the conclusion being posted next week, so if you don't want to wait for the conclusion you might not want to watch this one yet. :haha:

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
This ties in with comic books, so thought I'd share it here. Be forewarned, it's a two-part video with the conclusion being posted next week, so if you don't want to wait for the conclusion you might not want to watch this one yet. :haha:

That video was really cool. The 3 jokers thing has been blowing my mind since it got revealed and that video did a great job of trying to explain it all. Looking forward to seeing Suicide Squad on Friday and then seeing part 2 of the video, DC really has the chance to do something extremely special with all of this.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
My favorite shop tends to go all out for FCBD each year, which I love, but they also get a little bit into the Halloween ComicFest event. It's smaller scale, but still fun, and I'm all for free comics. lol

If any of you are interested and haven't checked it out yet, here's the info and comics included in this year's event:
Halloween ComicFest 2016 Is Set To Give Away More Than Two Million Comics This Year

The titles aren't as big, of course, but kind of cool. That whole "Zombie Tramp" issue just looks entertaining, and I'm digging the cover for Harrow County (great comic, by the way). Wraithborn just seems like it has potential to be intriguing, and for sentimental value you've got comics like Archie and The Three Stooges, etc. Seems like a pretty good mix this year for kiddos and adults. Oh, and did I mention there's a John Carpenter story included?

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
OK, I finally got to finish reading The Killing Joke.

Batman TKJ.png

Yes, I should have read it forever ago, but anyway... I'm a huge fan of Alan Moore, and he absolutely nailed the writing in this. It was very interesting, dark and deep. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Afterward, I talked to one of my buddies about it -- picking his brain, hearing his theory on it, etc. I genuinely think this comic could be used in some psychology courses. lol (Hey, I used a Spongebob episode in my Psychology of Gender course, and the teacher loved it enough to ask if she could use it for other classes in that course. So, it could happen. :p ) I can see me going back and reading this again. There are so many great, memorable, quotable lines in it, and I love the darker psychology to it. Just an all-around great read. Now to move on to watching it in the near future.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Awesomely enough, this is the shirt I'm wearing today:

20160822_121433-1.jpg

Had no clue I'd be reading TKJ today, but it works. :haha:

Reactions: Wacokid27

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
It's been over a month, but....

Someone please tell me I am not the only one here who is reading "Kill or Be Killed." :please:

I'm a Brubaker fan anyway, and I was eagerly awaiting this new series. I got the first two issues in the mail last Tuesday, and that night before going to bed I opened the first issue just to take a gander at the first couple pages. That turned into me sitting back and reading the entire issue, then cracking open the second one and reading it. Afterward I was a little bummed knowing I'd have to wait to read the next issue. :haha: So, now I'm eagerly waiting its release so I can continue. I'm really liking the writing (as usual with Brubaker) and the art style, plus just the overall story and concept. Really good stuff, in my humble opinion.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Anyone watch Luke Cage? Overall I liked the show. It's on par with DD season 1 and Jessica Jones IMO. I only knew the bare minimum of the Luke Cage lore so I went in pretty blind. The first seven episodes are great and then afterwards it falls off a little. If you like the other two Marvel Netflix shows then I recommend this one.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Anyone watch Luke Cage? Overall I liked the show. It's on par with DD season 1 and Jessica Jones IMO. I only knew the bare minimum of the Luke Cage lore so I went in pretty blind. The first seven episodes are great and then afterwards it falls off a little. If you like the other two Marvel Netflix shows then I recommend this one.

Oddly enough, I haven't watched any of the Marvel TV series. Or Arrow. I guess the only somewhat comic-based TV show I've been watching is Gotham. I've heard good things about many of the others, but haven't watched them yet. (Although I did start off watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but for some reason got out of watching it.) From what I heard from a couple people, Luke Cage was good. Glad to know someone else who enjoyed it. :)

@Just Kevin, I know you got out of reading comics, but do you watch any of these by chance? Hate to see the thread here completely die. :p

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

Yeah, I really enjoyed the series. I've always liked Luke Cage as a character in the comics and they really portrayed him well on the screen. From his initial resistance to being a hero, to eventually accepting that he is a hero.. hoping they eventually do a Heroes for Hire series. Maybe after The Punisher and The Defenders series are done.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I haven't watched any of the Marvel TV series. Or Arrow. I guess the only somewhat comic-based TV show I've been watching is Gotham. I've heard good things about many of the others, but haven't watched them yet. (Although I did start off watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but for some reason got out of watching it.) From what I heard from a couple people, Luke Cage was good. Glad to know someone else who enjoyed it. :)

@Just Kevin, I know you got out of reading comics, but do you watch any of these by chance? Hate to see the thread here completely die. :p

Of course, I watch all the comics based series... except Gotham, oddly enough lol.

Supergirl, Flash, Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Legends of Tomorrow, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage.

Not comics based, but Scorpion and Timeless are the 2 other shows occupying my time..

Reactions: GrammarNazi82