General Comic Book Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I like CM Punk, and I like his in-ring work, but I don't really respect him for what he did.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
@Wacokid27, you need to check out the above post from wayyyyy back in October. lol Seems like something in which you might be interested.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Was looking for this thread, a few days back.

Thank you GN!

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Not sure who we have around the forum anymore these days who still reads comics.... @Majour, @Just Kevin, @Roadster? But thought I'd somewhat try to resurrect this thread.

With everything that's gone on in my life over the past year or so, I've been reading "lighter" comics lately. I've still been reading some Lumberjanes and most recently read the first volume of I Hate Fairyland (absolutely hilarious) and have read all three volumes of Rat Queens, which I still adore and am eagerly awaiting the release of the fourth volume.

Other than that, I have the first volume of Paper Girls to start reading soon. Just took a break from the darker comics for a while to read some lighter material.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
:yay:

You're welcome! I was so bummed I had to go through six pages to find it. lol We've been slacking!
I haven't read a comic in like 40 days, intend to get back into it soon.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I haven't read a comic in like 40 days, intend to get back into it soon.

I was reading the third volume of Rat Queens over the weekend. I don't get too much free time to just relax and read them, so I completely understand. Try to when I can though. Plus, with different things going on I don't get out to my favorite comic shop anymore, so that's put a kink in my reading, too, a bit.

ETA: I also need to try to come up with more recommendations for you, like Men of Wrath.

Reactions: Roadster

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The first issue of The Man in the Iron Mask was really good, but I'm too lazy to read issue 2. lol

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
@Wacokid27, you need to check out the above post from wayyyyy back in October. lol Seems like something in which you might be interested.

And, after getting my email with my digital Suicide Squad comic, I come over here and see this really cool story recommendation from my girl GN about teachers using comics and comic book movies as an inspiration to get kids reading.

This has been a pretty good morning so far.

wk

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Had no idea this thread existed, word. I've been reading pretty much all the DC Rebirth stuff (Nightwing is my fav so far, Flash super good too, theyre all good tbh), and a few Marvel comics (My fuckin man Doctor Strange, new Captain America, Han Solo). Didn't really get hardcore into comics till this year but im addicted haha. Always liked the movies and always had an urge to read comics so now im finally doin it, love em.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
And, after getting my email with my digital Suicide Squad comic, I come over here and see this really cool story recommendation from my girl GN about teachers using comics and comic book movies as an inspiration to get kids reading.

This has been a pretty good morning so far.

wk

Sounds like a great morning to me. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the story; it seemed perfect for you.
Also, feel free to let me know what you think of the Suicide Squad movie. My friend wants to see it (she's a Harley fan, but was resisting this one since she's a fan of the classic Harley... then she gave in. lol), but no telling if or when we'll get to go see it with everything she has going on.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Had no idea this thread existed, word. I've been reading pretty much all the DC Rebirth stuff (Nightwing is my fav so far, Flash super good too, theyre all good tbh), and a few Marvel comics (My fuckin man Doctor Strange, new Captain America, Han Solo). Didn't really get hardcore into comics till this year but im addicted haha. Always liked the movies and always had an urge to read comics so now im finally doin it, love em.

Awesome! So glad you dived into comics and are enjoying them. I've heard such great things about the DC Rebirth series. Can't wait till I get to check it out.

Reactions: DK JAMES

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Awesome! So glad you dived into comics and are enjoying them. I've heard such great things about the DC Rebirth series. Can't wait till I get to check it out.
Definitely check it out, there's somethin there for everyone and every single one i've personally picked up is top notch. All Star Batman comes out this month and its gonna be featuring my all time fav villain Two-Face so id recommend that to anyone lol but that aint really a rebirth, just gonna be a super sweet side thing. Titans Rebirth is sweet cause it's got the return of Wally West so id also recommend that
:jeritroll: