General Comic Book Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Just finished Lady Killer, super sad that it's finished as I really enjoyed it. Just started The Kitchen, I'm three issues in and really into this.

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
^ I still have to remember to look into The Kitchen.

Not sure if anyone in this thread watches any comic-related YouTube channels, but Variant has some pretty good episodes. Here's today's, for instance:

They have some pretty interesting videos they do each week, among other channels I watch periodically.

I finished up volume one of Rat Queens and actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Great read with some humorous lines added to the mix, which is always a plus for me. (Refer to my avatar.) I have got to get volume two. Now I finally got to start reading "The Crow" special edition, but am not very far into it at all yet. Hoping to have more time to read it soon.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Southern Bastards is being made into a TV show..... woo-hoo!! Thrilled for Aaron about this, and just hope the show is good. Makes me more hopeful and happy knowing he and Latour will be writing the adaptation together, so it shouldn't suck. :haha: Congrats to the team, and way to go, Aaron. Not bad for a boy from Alabama. :eek:tunga:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06...eries/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
My oldest niece is awesome. She posted this photo on Facebook and said she changed all her contacts' names:

eM3o8iO.jpg

When I commented on it saying how much I loved it, she told me my contact is Storm, complete with three lightning bolts. :yay: Love this kiddo, lol.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Had to switch my subscription since X-Force ended. On the new Old Man Logan series now. Waiting on the first issue in the mail so I know what back issues I will need to order online.

dk2289

Jobber
Reaction score
One that i am enjoying thus far is Suiciders and Savior. Actually got into Batman after some of my friends picking up Batman #40, kinda interested to see where that goes.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Reading through the superior spider man run currently. I like it a lot actually.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
One that i am enjoying thus far is Suiciders and Savior. Actually got into Batman after some of my friends picking up Batman #40, kinda interested to see where that goes.

I haven't read Savior yet, but I've been really enjoying Suiciders. Great series so far.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I really like Mcfarlane so I thought I would give Savior a chance and I am glad I did.

Apparently I lied, lol. I was thinking I hadn't read it yet, but when you mentioned McFarlane I went back to check. I have the first two issues as digital copies and have read them; it had just been a while so I couldn't remember.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I most recently finished reading the first volume of "Postal."

PostalVol1_Cover_325_500_90.jpg

I liked it pretty well. The different type of story line really appealed to me. And I love how it's considered a "small town" with a population of 2,000+. :haha: I also like how the protagonist has Asperger's syndrome, which adds another element to the story as he works to try to help solve the murder. Looking forward to the second volume, due out in December.

Two new series that come out this week that I'm looking forward to checking out (whenever I can get by my shop to grab my pull file) are "Toil & Trouble" and "Plutona." Both seem pretty interesting. Plus "Toil & Trouble" seems right up my alley as it's a telling from the standpoint of the three witches in Shakespeare's Macbeth, actually giving them names and stories. Should be an interesting read.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Got subs to old man Logan and the all new wolverine with x-23 taking up the wolverine mantle. Should be interesting

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
boom_the_returning_002.jpg

About to get back into comics. Haven't read one since like October of last year with the first issue of the original Superman. I guess the title fits the occasion. There's 4 in total.

Isn't DC or Marvel but still.

Last edited by a moderator: