General Comic Book Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I made this thread to try and keep the cinematic and comic book universe discussions separate.

Recently Marvel has been releasing "teasers" of many of their past story lines and franchises (Infinity Wars, Avengers vs X-Men, Civil War, even the 90's X-Men Animated series). The newest teaser just says "Everything Ends" with a date of Spring 2015 attached to it. What do you guys think is going on?

7ce6bbbc2b5683f65004bc1d5382ceaf.jpg

@GrammarNazi82 and @Just Kevin

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
They are retelling, in a new way, their best selling story lines before ultimately revealing a tie between the retellings and originals which will cause a massive reaction which in turn will end one of the many dimensions in the Marvel universe.

and, yeah, seriously I have no clue... I just know I'll be reading.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I still haven't even read all my other comics.. I have about 1400 just chilling.. I read one every two days on average because I don't have time so I use them as bathroom reading material.. I'm about to start my Dr. Strange ones I picked up off ebay the other day for essentially pennies.. It was the first 40 comics of the Doctor Strange Vol.2 collection from the early mid 70s til about the late 80s I got the 40 of them for $25 + $2.95 shipping, each came in it's own individual plastic sleeve.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'm actually trying to sell my entire physical comic book collection.. they are taking up too much room. I've already replaced them all with digital copies.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I'd rather have the physical copies myself. I like holding the comic in my hands when I read it. The feel of the paper, oooooooo.............JK

And nice Sharpy! Thats how I completed my X-Men run basically. I have a whole bunch of doubles.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Ooooohh very intriguing! Will be interesting to read all the speculations on this and see what's going on in the comics that might tie in with it.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I'm actually trying to sell my entire physical comic book collection.. they are taking up too much room. I've already replaced them all with digital copies.

Feel free to let me know if I can take any of those off your hands for you. :ksi:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

Good luck man, the market is pretty trashy right now, your best bet is to sell them in clumps.. OR take the whole inventory down and sell them altogether.. unless you have some decently rare ones then I would definitely take those out of the picture and sell those ones individually if possible.. 2 years back I had like 2400 different about 200-300 were duplicates of some that were already in there and taking inventory of that took me a month or so (was also working full time and school full time when that process started).. It took me like 4 months before I finally sold them for something within the minimum range of what I was looking for.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Good luck man, the market is pretty trashy right now, your best bet is to sell them in clumps.. OR take the whole inventory down and sell them altogether.. unless you have some decently rare ones then I would definitely take those out of the picture and sell those ones individually if possible.. 2 years back I had like 2400 different about 200-300 were duplicates of some that were already in there and taking inventory of that took me a month or so (was also working full time and school full time when that process started).. It took me like 4 months before I finally sold them for something within the minimum range of what I was looking for.

I've been piecing it out in lots on Ebay for nearly a year and a half now... started out with 4,000+ individual books, now down to around 1200... all my rarer comics went in my first week of selling (made nearly $4,000 in my first week lol). Now I'm done to a bunch of indy comics and some series stuff left. I haven't looked at them in nearly 2 months now.. they're just sitting here.

Feel free to let me know if I can take any of those off your hands for you. :ksi:
Same here! *shoves GN*

I'd have to get an inventory together.. no telling how long that would take, but I'll let you guys know.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I've been piecing it out in lots on Ebay for nearly a year and a half now... started out with 4,000+ individual books, now down to around 1200... all my rarer comics went in my first week of selling (made nearly $4,000 in my first week lol). Now I'm done to a bunch of indy comics and some series stuff left. I haven't looked at them in nearly 2 months now.. they're just sitting here.
oh :okay: