General Comic Book Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I saw an article on this in Bitch magazine and meant to check it out. Thanks for the reminder!

I'm finally starting to read comic books/graphic novels again. Recently started Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 1 and Deadpool The complete volume 1.

No problem! I don't know what your tastes might be, but I think you'll enjoy it. Very good, interesting read.

Glad you're getting into reading them again! Hope you continue to find titles you'll enjoy.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
@GrammarNazi82 @Sharpy Sandow @Trip in the Head

Released today to complement the Agent Carter TV series.. tells stories of the adventures of Peggy Carter and Howard Stark. I found it to be well written, funny, and action packed.

5848d867e412dd2fb390be5b6044af68.jpg

Awesome; thank you! Will check it out.

Reactions: Just Kevin

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It's not an ongoing series so yeah probably 6 or 8 issues.. Maybe 12 at most.
Okay good to know, would only be something I'd want to read for as long as the show goes perhaps a few months/weeks after as well.. I can't wait til both the show and comic address Howard inventing the arc reactor.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Evil Ernie is a great series, I've only read a few but I enjoyed it.. didn't think Smiley was gunna get his own standalone series though.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Never read Evil Ernie before.. but after reading a few pages in this book that's what it is. Interesting read so far.

I had forgotten all about Evil Ernie and Smiley until you posted that, haha. Remember a couple of comics with Evil Ernie from my childhood. Think they were my brother's, though.

Reactions: Just Kevin

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Marvel has now announced the death of Deadpool in issue [HASHTAG]#250[/HASHTAG] (total for the ongoing Deadpool series) in April:

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/09/marvel-announces-the-death-of-deadpool/

Marvel Comics has announced, via Nerdist, that they will be killing Deadpool in April's Deadpool [HASHTAG]#250[/HASHTAG], which will be the final issue of his ongoing series.

The issue will be an all-star writing and art jam, with some of the most popular creators from Deadpool’s past contributing to the issue, including writers Gerry Duggan, Brian Posehn, Ben Acker, Ben Blacker, Nick Giovanetti, Paul Scheer, Jason Mantzoukas, and Mike Drucker, and artists like Scott Koblish and Mike Hawthorne.

“In all honesty, the story that you’re going to get in Deadpool [HASHTAG]#250[/HASHTAG], is a story that we really have been building to since the first issue of Deadpool NOW,” says Gerry Duggan, who has co-written the series with Brian Posehn since its most recent relaunch. “And it will absolutely feel – it will feel, I hope, readers will think that this is an appropriate end for this Deadpool.”