Fuji's Top Twenty Most Hated Films

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Eddie North

Reaction score
I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim, for everything other then Cera, but it was one of those enjoyed it in a funny nostelga kind of way, like if it came out when I was 15 I would of loved it. Other than that the only movie Cera was in that I was able to tolerate him was Superbad.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I actually loved this movie but I do agree on the Cera hate. He needs to be like his Superbad counterpart Jonah Hill and start doing something different that will wow us.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Count me in on hating Cera.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I hated that fucking vile piece of shit movie. I don't get all the people that love that movie. The girlfriend and I sat down and watched it and just didn't get the love it received. And fuck Michael Cera and all the shit movies he puts out.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I saw this in the cinema and enjoyed it for what it was, but yeah it's a love it or hate it movie. It's certainly unlike any other movie you're gonna see, that's for sure. Personally, I was more pissed off at Pilgrim jumping through hoops for this average looking and annoying chick.

Tomorrow, a box of chocolate turds.

And here we go.......

*cracks knuckles, starts getting his defense ready*

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Well, I'm certainly glad that there's a lot of Michael Cera hate around here, fuck that guy. :lol:

The Linebacker said:
And here we go.......

*cracks knuckles, starts getting his defense ready*

You're on.....

6. Forrest Gump

l_94169_0109830_27bf435e.jpg

I first saw this crap when I went to see Natural Born Killers but found it was sold out. Not wanting to leave without seeing a movie, my buddies and I decided to check this one out instead. Hey, it had Tom Hanks, how bad could it possibly be? Well apparently it can be really bad, because to this day I have no idea how this movie is so praised. It's boring, meanders in multiple directions without ever being cohesive, features annoying characters and bad performances from normally strong actors and one of the most pedestrian stories of all time. Another thing that just totally blows about this movie is the completely inane and predictable dialogue. Just take a look at this scene (skip ahead to about 1:35).

[video=youtube;NRBgqFQkE70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRBgqFQkE70[/video]​

Seriously, I fucking knew he was going to say that the first time I saw this movie, and trust me, its not the only example of predictability going on here. However, as much as I hate the film itself, its the aftermath of its release that really pisses me off. You see, Forrest Gump won Best Picture at the 1994 Academy Awards, beating out Pulp Fiction. If anyone can honestly say that Forrest fucking Gump is a better movie than Pulp Fiction I will simply say they are lying, because it just isn't fucking true. I don't mind Hanks winning Best Actor given who he was up against that year, but come on, there's just no excusing that brutal snub. I believe this was the first time I actually realized how idiotic the Academy was, and I've never looked back since. The only thing that's really decent about Forrest Gump is the awesome soundtrack, but if I pop on 60's on 6 or 70's on 7 on Sirius, I can get all those songs and more and not have to sit through a tepid story with little to no substance and no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Next up, we enter top five territory with Jake Gyllenhaal and a bunny suit.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Well at least you like the soundtrack......

I can't fathom who the bad performances are by. I can understand Hanks to a degree (although even you have no beef with his Oscar win), by Wright-Penn certainly wasn't bad and Sinise has probably the best performance of his career (I expect you'll prove me wrong on this one though).

As for the story, meanders without direction? It's simply the telling of his life, there's only one direction to go in. The fact that despite this guy living this charmed existence, he doesn't really notice it or change him because his heart's only in one place. The story doesn't really need any shocks or twists because it wouldn't fit with the lead character's personality at all. With that said, I can't see at all how it isn't cohesive. Everything points in one direction and fits in nicely without every over complicating the plot.

I certainly can't fight the Pulp Fiction points as I've never seen the film, so that's simply going to be down to your personal preference.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
DAVE SEE PULP FICTION NAO!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The Linebacker said:
I can't fathom who the bad performances are by. I can understand Hanks to a degree (although even you have no beef with his Oscar win), by Wright-Penn certainly wasn't bad and Sinise has probably the best performance of his career (I expect you'll prove me wrong on this one though).
I thought Wright-Penn was brutally wooden, as were a lot of the supporting cast, particularly Sally Field. She appeared to be sleepwalking through her performance as Mama Gump to me. Didn't mind Mykelti Williamson though, it was a shame his character didn't last longer, though I get the reasoning why. Not nearly the best Sinise performance, but I'll grant you that it was his breakout role. I'll take his stuff in Truman, Albino Alligator or even Snake Eyes any day over his work here.

The Linebacker said:
As for the story, meanders without direction? It's simply the telling of his life, there's only one direction to go in. The fact that despite this guy living this charmed existence, he doesn't really notice it or change him because his heart's only in one place. The story doesn't really need any shocks or twists because it wouldn't fit with the lead character's personality at all. With that said, I can't see at all how it isn't cohesive. Everything points in one direction and fits in nicely without every over complicating the plot.
I guess I just expected some revalation at the end rather than just, "that was your life Forrest" and the credits rolling. As it wasn't a "turn your brain off" movie, I paid particular attention to everything that was going on in the hopes that there would be some kind of grand payoff. I understand why there didn't need to be one, as your points are well taken. However if I was just going to come to the realization that the most mundane looking people can lead extraordinary lives, I could have caught it from any random human interest story on the nightly news.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I guess I just expected some revalation at the end rather than just, "that was your life Forrest" and the credits rolling. As it wasn't a "turn your brain off" movie, I paid particular attention to everything that was going on in the hopes that there would be some kind of grand payoff. I understand why there didn't need to be one, as your points are well taken. However if I was just going to come to the realization that the most mundane looking people can lead extraordinary lives, I could have caught it from any random human interest story on the nightly news.

I disagree, I'd say it is a "turn your brain off" movie. It's certainly not a stupid movie by any means, but there's really nothing overtly complicated here. I'll bow to the point that there's no grand revelation involved, and that can hurt peoples enjoyment. It's a very simple telling off a tale, people will either warm to the characters and the different roads their lives take, or they'll be annoyed at the lack of any general progression. I personally find the story life affirming and charming, but I can understand if people don't get that from the film, people look for different things in movies.

DAVE SEE PULP FICTION NAO!

I think it's on Netflix, but I won't have a chance until Sunday at the earliest.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
I do actually like the movie but I agree on the Pulp Fiction snub and Wright's and Field's performance. I never really got into them as Jenny and Mama as I did with Hanks as Forrest.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
My apologies folks, got busy and almost totally forgot about this. The top 5 will start tomorrow.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
5. Donnie Darko

l_246578_399eada3.jpg

This one gives The Dark Knight a run for its money in the category of "Most Overrated Film of All Time". It starts out attempting to shove every single Hollywood cliche down the viewers throat before somehow turning into a sci-fi film that provides no adequate payoff. Oh sure, I understand the plot and the story, and I still think its completely inane. I believe this is one of those all too common films that trick the viewer into thinking its high concept stuff when in reality its simply an empty bucket of failed ideas. In fact, Drew Barrymore, who gives the worst performance of her career in this film, sums up my feelings after watching it in this little clip...

[video=youtube;EbfttPAj66k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbfttPAj66k[/video]​

Seriously, watching that clip for two hours is a lot more fulfilling than sitting through this trash. I've actually watched Donnie Darko five times in my life and each time it finishes I feel like killing myself. I don't think that's what the intention was but on the bright side of things we may have stumbled on to a weapon of mass destruction here. Simply mail copies of this movie to anyone you hate and watch the wrist slitting begin. In fact, maybe I should mail a copy to the director, Richard Kelly, before he makes another piece of shit like this. Oh I forgot, he already has, churning out mindless stupidity like Southland Tales and The Box in recent years. As bad as those were, Donnie Darko was his first, and still his worst by far. If only the fucking jet engine had fallen on him instead of Jake Gyllenhaal.....

Next up, Reeses Pieces and Walkie Talkies.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
I feel like there should have been a capone smiley after that fuck.