Finishers!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Whilst I appreciate the time you took to counter my comments, you're response seems to run with the idea that I think all those finishers you listed are great or particularly entertaining...

Well you sure do seem like you're defending them getting all up on my nuts arguing with me. If you thought any of them were stupid we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

Regardless...

Like anything else, I'm of the opinion that you take care of the fundamentals first (in this case logic, credibility... and that it actually looks like it might hurt.) and THEN concern yourself with the 'pzazzz' (in this case marketability, a cool name and fan appeal.).

Well that's just how you think which I am now beginning to question.

Put it another way... The Canadian Destroyer is all the things you appear to value in a finisher BUT it's shit as it takes an inordinate amount of effort pull off and doesn't look like it hurts the guy it's been applied to.

Or ANOTHER way.... Hogan's leg drop... Where's the cool name? Where's the unique-ness? ...Nowhere to be seen, yet is still one of the most biggest finishers in modern wrestling history.

I stopped reading when you called the Canadian Destroyer shit.

No you're not... Lack of cool name does not equate to stupidity. Lack of uniqueness does not equate to stupidity.

So a name like "Skull Crushing Finale" is not capable of making a finisher stupid? Please, I am not a blueberry, I think logically. Anything could make any move stupid even the name despite your own little logic.

Most of your list weren't generic everyday moves that you see match-in/match-out.

Re: T.I.Paradise
It's an Insuguri, give me an example where you can atleast try to prove me wrong.

Ever thought that within kayfaybe Kofi has honed his Insuguri (sp?) to the point that it's more effective than others? :roll:

You also appear to be forgetting/unaware that HBK has been using that kick for fucking years before calling it SCM, before stomping his feet beforehand to hype the crowd and before using it as a finisher... Before he was even a singles wrestler! ...The only kayfaybe explaination for THAT is he too must have honed the moved to 'perfection' (see Kofi above).
When has Kofi honed anything? It's still the same SHIT as before!

It doesn't sound right to you that a finishing move should LOOK like it's painful enough to acheive a pin or a submission?

They're not simulating a ballet... It goes without saying that all this shit is meant project the idea that these guys are causing pain to each other - THAT's why internet wrestling fans don't ordinarily say things like "ooooh that looks painful" unless they're taling about a huge bump or a botch cos they know the guys are trained so they don't hurt each other.
I am aware, it's just the way you asked it.

Sorry but all this shit is just wrestling 1.01 to me. :roll:
Well you need to do some more studying in that class because you only got half of it.

Kizza

The Canadian Destroyer is shit though...

Most overrated move in history tbh. The other guy does the flip for fucks sake. Petey does basically nothing.

MizMasta3000

yeah no way petey can do that by him self. the oppents head lands on his closed thighs

pocket

Reaction score
coolest finisher right now is the RKO... easy answer! I love how it can and often does come out of nowhere... just like when DDP used it as the Diamond cutter.... DDP actually encouraged Randy to use it! Thanks Page!

I liked Monty Browns Pounce... Hernandez uses it now too and his border toss is awesome!

Canadian destroyer is awesome

I have to say that when Jake Roberts used the DDT before people started over selling it during the attitude era, it was fucking devastating!

Ortons DDT off mid rope is cool... but not a finisher...

Airfixx

Well you sure do seem like you're defending them getting all up on my nuts arguing with me. If you thought any of them were stupid we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

I suggest getting a dictionary and learning the difference in meaning between the words "great", "entertaining" and "stupid"...

”Airfixx” said:
Regardless...

Like anything else, I'm of the opinion that you take care of the fundamentals first (in this case logic, credibility... and that it actually looks like it might hurt.) and THEN concern yourself with the 'pzazzz' (in this case marketability, a cool name and fan appeal.).

”XBA” said:
Well that's just how you think which I am now beginning to question.

Question what you like.... It’s not even evident from your responses that you even have a thought process to explain.

Airfixx said:
Put it another way... The Canadian Destroyer is all the things you appear to value in a finisher BUT it's shit as it takes an inordinate amount of effort pull off and doesn't look like it hurts the guy it's been applied to.

Or ANOTHER way.... Hogan's leg drop... Where's the cool name? Where's the unique-ness? ...Nowhere to be seen, yet is still one of the most biggest finishers in modern wrestling history.

”XBA” said:
I stopped reading when you called the Canadian Destroyer shit.

Fine. Continue to roll around in the shit of your own ignorance for all I care.

”Airfixx” said:
No you're not... Lack of cool name does not equate to stupidity. Lack of uniqueness does not equate to stupidity.

”XBA” said:
So a name like "Skull Crushing Finale" is not capable of making a finisher stupid?

No. ‘Cos it’s JUST A FUCKING NAME!!!!!!

Please, I am not a blueberry,

This much is in doubt at this juncture.

I think logically.

Please provide proof of this.

Anything could make any move stupid even the name despite your own little logic.

If the move is logically sound... It is not “stupid”. PERIOD. :Jeeeeezus:

Airfixx said:
Most of your list weren't generic everyday moves that you see match-in/match-out.

Re: T.I.Paradise

”XBA” said:
It's an Insuguri, give me an example where you can atleast try to prove me wrong.

My mention of TIP was the START of a new paragraph, numbskull, not a continuation of the line you quoted above it. Learn to read.

”airfixx” said:
Ever thought that within kayfaybe Kofi has honed his Insuguri (sp?) to the point that it's more effective than that of others? :roll:

You also appear to be forgetting/unaware that HBK has been using that kick for fucking years before calling it SCM, before stomping his feet beforehand to hype the crowd and before using it as a finisher... Before he was even a singles wrestler! ...The only kayfaybe explaination for THAT is he too must have honed the moved to 'perfection' (see Kofi above).

XBA said:
When has Kofi honed anything? It's still the same SHIT as before!

Holly shit, you really don’t even understand what kayfaybe is do you?????

”Airfixx” said:
“It doesn't sound right to you that a finishing move should LOOK like it's painful enough to acheive a pin or a submission?

They're not simulating a ballet... It goes without saying that all this shit is meant project the idea that these guys are causing pain to each other - THAT's why internet wrestling fans don't ordinarily say things like "ooooh that looks painful" unless they're talking about a huge bump or a botch cos they know the guys are trained so they don't hurt each other.

”XBA” said:
I am aware, it's just the way you asked it.

WDF are you wittering on about? It doesn’t matter how I asked it, the (crux and) answer’s still the same...

i.e. The guys simulate moves which are supposed to hurt. Big Show does a move which would hurt in real life and thus the move is logically sound and perfectly plausible as used regardless of what a ‘teenage moooove’ junky with reading comprehension difficulties might think of it’s entertainment value.

”Airfixx” said:
Sorry but all this shit is just wrestling 1.01 to me. :roll:

”XBA” said:
Well you need to do some more studying in that class because you only got half of it.

LOL... To say that the above is ironic would be a s-l-i-i-i-i-i-g-h-t understatement....

Tell me again, what does Kayfaybe mean? !!!!!LOL @ YA!!!!! :rofl:

xtremebadass

^^^Seriously, how long did it take you to reply and how long did it take you to make that reply? I didn't even bother reading it lol

As in the words of our good friend Jay-Z, I'm Off That.

Airfixx

(LOL...Says he with 9000+ fucking posts!)

Oh shit, silly me, I thought for a minute we were here to debate and discuss these topics...

Dumb unfounded comments that can't be suitably backed-up are the way forward, aren't they... Thanks for leading the way, XBA!

xtremebadass

(LOL...Says he with 9000+ fucking posts!)

Oh shit, silly me, I thought for a minute we were here to debate and discuss these topics...

Dumb unfounded comments that can't be suitably backed-up are the way forward, aren't they... Thanks for leading the way, XBA!

So because I refuse to argue with you, you choose to take a stab at me by way of my post count? I have been here for quite sometime, post count does naturally go up my friend.

This is a place to discuss and debate, but I chose not to discuss and debate with a complete blueberry. Do you understand because I know understanding isn't your strong suite.

Airfixx

I laughed at your post count cos you were acting like making an effort with posts is a bad thing.

With all due respect (something which is dimishing by the second), you resulted to name calling and questioning my intelligence almost immediately within our exchange.

For the record, you were "arguing" (with Blue reasoning, selective reading and the ignoring of inrefutable points), whilst I was debating (with qaulified statements).... I'd dig that dictionary back out if I were you.

Lastly, you "refused to argue" (i.e gave up) when you had run out of bullshit with which to attempt to back up your original dumb-ass comments... Wouldn't be the first time either!

p.s. I thought you were "out" like your man Jay-Z? (...Explains a lot, you quoting such an untalented, moron with nothing of value to say.)

xtremebadass

I laughed at your post count cos you were acting like making an effort with posts is a bad thing.

With all due respect (something which is dimishing by the second), you resulted to name calling and questioning my intelligence almost immediately within our exchange.

For the record, you were "arguing" (with Blue reasoning, selective reading and the ignoring of inrefutable points), whilst I was debating (with qaulified statements).... I'd dig that dictionary back out if I were you.

Lastly, you "refused to argue" (i.e gave up) when you had run out of bullshit with which to attempt to back up your original dumb-ass comments... Wouldn't be the first time either!

p.s. I thought you were "out" like your man Jay-Z? (...Explains a lot, you quoting such an untalented, moron with nothing of value to say.)

You still don't get it. And trust me I never run out of bullshit, there are members on here that can vouch for me on that.

Great One

popcornj.gif