Finishers!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

I hated the pounce. It was a glorified push..lol.

Cool finisher...Sheamus' yuranagi/backbreaker.

Airfixx

STUPID FINISHERS OF WWE CURRENTLY...

Zig Zag (Ziggler)
Playmaker (MVP)
Skull Crushing Finale (Miz)
Ankle Locker (Batista) SERIOUSLY?
Trouble in Paradise (Kofi Kingston)
Double Arm DDT (McIntyre)
No Finisher What So Ever (Santino)
KICK (Yoshi Tatsu)
Esco-Roll Up (Eric Escobar)
Pay Dirt (Shelton Benjamin)
KO Punch (Big Show)
Collosus Clutch (Big Show) WTF HAPPENED TO THE CHOKESLAM?

So what is "stupid" about all those then (particularly those I underlined)?

Dynamo

Reaction score
For real, I like trouble in paradise. I think thats def one of the better finishers. Did u not see him hit bourne with it of the top rope. Fuckin golden!!!

Kizza

Is the colossus clutch that Cobra Clutch Backbreaker? Cos that's a fucking sweet move. I still remember him doing that to Mamaluke on ECW, just slinging him around. Awesome.

Paydirt is awesome. KO Punch fits Show's character. Tatsu's kick is sudden and awesome. It's a kick to the head. It's gonna fucking hurt. Double Arm DDT is good. Trouble in Paradise is pretty cool. Not sure what the Zig Zag or the Ankle Breaker is.

But yeah, the Playmaker/Overdrive is terrible. I would much prefer M.V.P's finisher to be the Drive-By Kick or Playa's boot. Both much better moves.

Airfixx

Is the colossus clutch that Cobra Clutch Backbreaker? Cos that's a fucking sweet move.

Abosolutely...

@ XBA: Imagine how painful it would be if Show applied that hold on you legit and then tell us that it's "stupid".

Kizza

And then have Yoshi's Buzzsaw Kick to your head followed by a Paydirt.

;D

Airfixx

I was just being sarcastic actually... Big Show should be doing 720 moonsaults. ;o]

MizMasta3000

Well, the Peeps Elbow was usually the follow up to the Rock Bottom, more of a cocky exclamation point than anything else.

Moonlight Drive was essentially just Jomo taking a flip bump and the the other guy turning onto his back..lol.

I LOVED Jericho's double powerbomb, he's just not big enough to have it work on most people though.

Also, isn't Cody's Dream Street = The Knox Out??

LOL @ Kozlov's finisher...laziest shit ever.

Paydirt is cool...like a jumping Flatliner.

Cody's "Crossroads" is Tests's Testdrive. Knox out is different its like a downward spiral with a litlle twist

xtremebadass

So what is "stupid" about all those then (particularly those I underlined)?

Have you seen those moves? They have no appeal. They don't even have cool ass names. It's bad enough if you are in no man's land on any brand, but if you have a lame finisher like the "Skull Crushing Finale," trust me you aren't going to get far. How can you tell me the Yoshi KICK and Trouble in Paradise aren't stupid? They're the same SHIT!

Abosolutely...

@ XBA: Imagine how painful it would be if Show applied that hold on you legit and then tell us that it's "stupid".

How the hell is that relevant to professional wrestling?

Kizza

I thought Yoshi's kick was just a straight kick to the head?

If everything was boring, WWE would need to take out the entertainment of their name. A move like Trouble In Paradise may be stupid, but it's sure as hell entertaining.

Airfixx

^^^I still don't see the stupidity factor in a kick to the head... As someone already said above... You get a hard enough kick to the head, you'll be down for a 3 count.

Have you seen those moves?

Yes.

They have no appeal.

Define appeal.

They don't even have cool ass names.

Wow, very important factor. NOT!

It's bad enough if you are in no man's land on any brand, but if you have a lame finisher like the "Skull Crushing Finale," trust me you aren't going to get far.

Crap name, granted, but thus far you’re still a million miles away from an explaination as to why the ahuge list of moves are “stupid”.

How can you tell me the Yoshi KICK and Trouble in Paradise aren't stupid? They're the same SHIT!

So, because they’re not unique, they’re stupid? Try again.

How the hell is that relevant to professional wrestling?

Holy shit! I really need to answer that?

THEY PRETENDING TO BE PARTAKING IN A LEGIT SPORT, FFS!!!!

All the above leads me to think you’re into cheap thrills - Cool names, novelty value - rather than something that means something and makes sense....

Dynamo

Reaction score
^^^^ Cosign!

How is trouble in Paradise not a good finisher? The rest, although i totally don't agree, I suppose I can understand the discussion, but seriously....... trouble in paradise is one of the few modern day great finishers imo, it can be used so many different ways and is very fucking cool!!