Finishers!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Yeah Jericho used to do two powerbombs into the walls. FU i thought was a sorry excuse for a DVD but i cant give that credit. GTS is awesome even though KENTA does it better its a cool move. Another cool finisher is PayDirt and Moonlight Drive even i dont think JoMo does it anymore

I hate how Michele McCool does a bootleg styles clash

the dark knight

The FU/Attitude Adjustment to me has always looked extremely weak, essentially the same as a hip toss bump is it not?
....then again so is the people's elbow.....and hogan's leg drop. at least they looked cool though.

Great One

People's Elbow didn't really win matches though... how many times have you seen the Five Knuckle Shuffle win anything?

Klide

Yeah, I've always loved the quick out of nowhere finishers as well. The RKO is among my favorites, however he rarely uses it anymore.
Dolph's Zig Zag is essentially a reverse RKO.

The FU/Attitude Adjustment to me has always looked extremely weak, essentially the same as a hip toss bump is it not?

I love the GTS, falling straight into a knee in the mouth seems pretty fuckin cool to me.
Same with Jericho's code breaker. I've always thought he needed an impact finished into his move set.

Well it is a knock off of the F5.

Reaction score
I personally think that wrestling would be better off without each wrestler having their own finisher. Finishing moves are one of the biggest reasons why wrestling matches come off as very fake. Take Sweet Chin Music for example. It’s a quick and sudden move that HBK can hit out of no where to win a match. But if it’s so devastating that it can win a match, why would he do anything besides try and hit that move? That’s why to me each guy having one move that is just about guaranteed to end a match is silly.

I think that there should be a number of high impact moves that can potentially end a match that anyone can use, and the moves should have a bigger impact as the match goes on and the wrestlers get more worn done. I think this would make matches more exciting since you would be on the edge of your seat on just about every near fall.

I still think guys should have their own move set to not make each match look exactly the same, and also keep signature moves such as the 5 knuckle shuffle as a way of working the crowd. I know this didn’t really answer what the question asked, but that’s my take on the use of finishing moves in pro wrestling today.

Great One

Personally, I think more if people lost to other things than finishers it would make wrestling SO MUCH more entertaining. Think of how much it would add. Remember when Vladimir beat Undertaker with a powerslam? Lol. It would really make JR's and Cole's job seem more realistic and less annoying when they go OMG ITS OVER THAT'S 3! JR use to do it more back in the late 90's. But then again, WWE doesn't have that many high impact moves nowadays (compared to say TNA or RoH) to distinguish this, so.. dunno.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I think you have a pretty good variety of finishes in the WWE. I mean they happen when it "makes sense" which I guess makes them predictable, but they HAVE to make sense. You can't have a roll up just for the sake of variety.

noumenon

Well, the Peeps Elbow was usually the follow up to the Rock Bottom, more of a cocky exclamation point than anything else.

Moonlight Drive was essentially just Jomo taking a flip bump and the the other guy turning onto his back..lol.

I LOVED Jericho's double powerbomb, he's just not big enough to have it work on most people though.

Also, isn't Cody's Dream Street = The Knox Out??

LOL @ Kozlov's finisher...laziest shit ever.

Paydirt is cool...like a jumping Flatliner.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I personally think that wrestling would be better off without each wrestler having their own finisher. Finishing moves are one of the biggest reasons why wrestling matches come off as very fake. Take Sweet Chin Music for example. It’s a quick and sudden move that HBK can hit out of no where to win a match. But if it’s so devastating that it can win a match, why would he do anything besides try and hit that move? That’s why to me each guy having one move that is just about guaranteed to end a match is silly.

I would assume the reason that they don't do that would be because hitting said finisher in the beginning wouldn't have the same impact as somebody who was worn down. It's the knockout blow.

If I threw my phone at you right now, you would have a headache. If I kept punching your head, hitting you in the head with a chair, and kept kicking you, and then threw my phone, that phone impact would be a lot worse.

I think that there should be a number of high impact moves that can potentially end a match.

That would be signature moves. Or as Cole would say "Vintage (insert name here)"

Me personally, I prefur quick finisher that can come out of no where. Code Breaker, Pay Dirt, RKO. But not all moves can be like that. If a move takes time to set up, then it has to be a good one. Tombstone, The Kringo Killa, Styles Clash, Widow's Peak, etc. But then you gota take in that part of a wrestlers job is to keep the fans intertained, that's why you have moves like The People's Elbow, Cena's FU, etc.

xtremebadass

STUPID FINISHERS OF WWE CURRENTLY...

Zig Zag (Ziggler)
Playmaker (MVP)
Skull Crushing Finale (Miz)
Ankle Locker (Batista) SERIOUSLY?
Trouble in Paradise (Kofi Kingston)
Double Arm DDT (McIntyre)
No Finisher What So Ever (Santino)
KICK (Yoshi Tatsu)
Esco-Roll Up (Eric Escobar)
Pay Dirt (Shelton Benjamin)
KO Punch (Big Show)
Collosus Clutch (Big Show) WTF HAPPENED TO THE CHOKESLAM?

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Santino has a finisher. It's that move where he lays flat on his back and holds the guy against him for three seconds.

I'm a fan of sudden impact finishers (Pounce, Lariat, Sweet Chin Music, etc.) and submissions. The only good thing about finishers that take longer to set up is it gives time for reversals and false finishes. But I think we can all agree that the playmaker is the gayest finisher ever.

noumenon

I still haven't figured out how that hurts your opponent. Wouldn't your leg kind of cushion the fall? lol

Klide

@ spiralshock: the pounce great one that was probably the best impact finisher of all time if it's not a botch. I remember he knocked sabu's ass out the ring in TNA and ECW