Finishers!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

I was under the impression the Colossus Crush was his gay ass version of the camel clutch. His finisher he used in ECW was bad ass, the backbreaker/throw. That was honestly the only time I have ever enjoyed the Big Show.

xtremebadass

I was under the impression the Colossus Crush was his gay ass version of the camel clutch. His finisher he used in ECW was bad ass, the backbreaker/throw. That was honestly the only time I have ever enjoyed the Big Show.
I am with you on this one. It's not as much as I don't like the Colossus Clutch, it's the idea that the guy can't settle on one finisher. He jumped from Chokeslam to Backbreaker/throw to KO punch to Colossus Clutch, it's not a smart move to be changing finisher over and over. But yea the Backbreaker thing owned

^^^I still don't see the stupidity factor in a kick to the head... As someone already said above... You get a hard enough kick to the head, you'll be down for a 3 count.
You don't see a problem with a simple kick to the head as a FINISHING MOVE?

Define appeal.
They aren't cool finishers. First time you see a finisher you can tell if people will like it. These moves don't have the it factor that can appeal to a crowd.

Wow, very important factor. NOT!
Everything is important about a finisher even the name, mostly for marketing and superstar image.

Crap name, granted, but thus far you’re still a million miles away from an explaination as to why the ahuge list of moves are “stupid”.
I am bringing up reason after reason as to why these moves are stupid, maybe your the stupid one for not understanding yet.

So, because they’re not unique, they’re stupid? Try again
YES. If they are generic everyday moves, you cannot pass it off as a finisher if anyone, everyone, and their mothers can and DO USE IT. Trouble in Paradise if an Insuguri, how many superstars do an Insuguri and it's not a finisher? EXACTLY. If a ton of other superstars use the moves and not as a finisher it's hard to believe it to be a finisher.

Holy shit! I really need to answer that?

THEY PRETENDING TO BE PARTAKING IN A LEGIT SPORT, FFS!!!!
No, just the way you asked me the question if it would hurt just made you look sound lke a total douche. Wrestling fans don't really talk about a move hurting because it's all fake. So phrasing it as getting a pro wrestling move on someone and saying how it would hurt just doesn't sound right.

All the above leads me to think you’re into cheap thrills - Cool names, novelty value - rather than something that means something and makes sense....

Cool names, novelty value, and all that is a HUGE PART of finishers. Just because a move "looks like it hurts" doesn't get you far. Look at the Rock Bottom, the Stunner, Sweet Chin Music, they are marketed perfectly. They represent who the superstar is, they are unique moves. Don't even argue with me how Sweet Chin Music and Yoshi's KICK are alike because I will stop arguing with you right then and there because that would prove you're Blue.

Double J

Reaction score
This is why the Sweet Chin Music is and always will be the best finisher of all time...

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_DnRxJmhik&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_DnRxJmhik&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

When I seen that I flipped out and rewinded that bitch like 20 times...

Don't believe that the SCM could really knock someone out, talk to this guy....
[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QLxQGiZ3qgE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QLxQGiZ3qgE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Klide

This is why the Sweet Chin Music is and always will be the best finisher of all time...

[YT]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_DnRxJmhik&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_DnRxJmhik&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YT]

Exactly why dosent WWE have any more surprising ending like this anymore the only thing that close to this latley was Jericho code breaker from punk or kofi?

Kaedon

Reaction score
They aren't cool finishers. First time you see a finisher you can tell if people will like it. These moves don't have the it factor that can appeal to a crowd.

Nuff said

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Cody's "Crossroads" is Tests' Testdrive. Knox out is different its like a downward spiral with a litlle twist

Unoriginal finishers are no fun.

But then again can you really have an original finisher in today's wrestling? That's WWE safe?

Don't know bout y'all but a well executed DDT gets me amped. The Rock's and HHH's were ill. Anyone even have it in there movelist in the E?

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Spike Piledriver on the stairs is classic. HHH has done it, and so has HBK I believe.

Lets get wild here, best DOUBLE finisher of all time is the RKO/F-U combination. Hands down.

noumenon

Wasn't so much an FU as Cena lifting Cody (if I remember lol) and Orton hitting the RKO in mid air. That was was fuckin sick though.

Klide

^
[YT]<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEGA5Ng50-0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEGA5Ng50-0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>[/YT]

D-Boy

Reaction score
They've done it twice now.

Well once and than Randy Orton hit the RKO while John Cena had somebody on his shoulders.

xtremebadass

^
[YT]<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEGA5Ng50-0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEGA5Ng50-0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>[/YT]

YES. This is the greatest double team move by two main event stars EVER.

Airfixx

You don't see a problem with a simple kick to the head as a FINISHING MOVE?

I SAID I DON'T SEE THE "STUPID"-ITY FACTOR.

Whilst I appreciate the time you took to counter my comments, you're response seems to run with the idea that I think all those finishers you listed are great or particularly entertaining...

Just assumption on your part. I have not expressed such an opinion.

Regardless...

Like anything else, I'm of the opinion that you take care of the fundamentals first (in this case logic, credibility... and that it actually looks like it might hurt.) and THEN concern yourself with the 'pzazzz' (in this case marketability, a cool name and fan appeal.).

Put it another way... The Canadian Destroyer is all the things you appear to value in a finisher BUT it's shit as it takes an inordinate amount of effort pull off and doesn't look like it hurts the guy it's been applied to.

Or ANOTHER way.... Hogan's leg drop... Where's the cool name? Where's the unique-ness? ...Nowhere to be seen, yet is still one of the most biggest finishers in modern wrestling history.

I am bringing up reason after reason as to why these moves are stupid, maybe your the stupid one for not understanding yet.

No you're not... Lack of cool name does not equate to stupidity. Lack of uniqueness does not equate to stupidity.

If they are generic everyday moves, you cannot pass it off as a finisher if anyone, everyone, and their mothers can and DO USE IT. Trouble in Paradise if an Insuguri, how many superstars do an Insuguri and it's not a finisher? EXACTLY. If a ton of other superstars use the moves and not as a finisher it's hard to believe it to be a finisher.

Most of your list weren't generic everyday moves that you see match-in/match-out.

Re: T.I.Paradise

Ever thought that within kayfaybe Kofi has honed his Insuguri (sp?) to the point that it's more effective than others? :roll:

You also appear to be forgetting/unaware that HBK has been using that kick for fucking years before calling it SCM, before stomping his feet beforehand to hype the crowd and before using it as a finisher... Before he was even a singles wrestler! ...The only kayfaybe explaination for THAT is he too must have honed the moved to 'perfection' (see Kofi above).

No, just the way you asked me the question if it would hurt just made you look sound lke a total douche. Wrestling fans don't really talk about a move hurting because it's all fake. So phrasing it as getting a pro wrestling move on someone and saying how it would hurt just doesn't sound right.

It doesn't sound right to you that a finishing move should LOOK like it's painful enough to acheive a pin or a submission?

They're not simulating a ballet... It goes without saying that all this shit is meant project the idea that these guys are causing pain to each other - THAT's why internet wrestling fans don't ordinarily say things like "ooooh that looks painful" unless they're taling about a huge bump or a botch cos they know the guys are trained so they don't hurt each other.

Sorry but all this shit is just wrestling 1.01 to me. :roll:

Dynamo

Reaction score
......And just on the T.I.P, cause I really can't understand how anyone doesn't like that as a finisher. It is much more cool and devastating than an insuguri. If you were to compare it to another move that isn't a finisher, then Jomo scissor kick is more like it, but if you think about it, most finishers are just innovations or as Airfixx said, perfected versions of generic moves. That doesn't invalidate them as finishers.