Favourite Directors?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
  • Todd Phillips
  • Quentin Tarantino
  • Joss Whedon
  • Clint Eastwood
  • Martin Scorsese
  • Peter Jackson
  • Steven Spielberg
  • Tim Burton
  • Christopher Nolan
  • Ben Affleck (Loved The Town)

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
(In no specific order)

• Danny Boyle [Trainspotting]
  • David Fincher [Almost everything this guy touches seems to turn into gold. Best film is Zodiac imo, followed by The Social Network and Se7en, then Fight Club.]
  • Steven Soderbergh [Informant :lmao]
  • David Lynch [Mulholland Drive and Lost Highway are classics to me, Twin Peaks the TV show is always entertaining. Dale Cooper gets two thumbs up.]
  • Christopher Nolan [I'll make an unusual choice and say that my favorite movie of Nolan's is "Following"]
  • Joel/Ethan Cohen [Fargo, Big Lebowski, Serious Man, Burn after Reading]
  • Lars von Trier [Riget was fucking awesome]
  • Alfred Hitchcock [Self explanatory]
  • Roman Polanski [Not acquainted with most of his older movies besides Rosemary's Baby, but going by his new works I'm guessing they are just as good if not vastly superior]

(And many others)

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
(In no specific order)

• Danny Boyle [Trainspotting]
  • David Fincher [Almost everything this guy touches seems to turn into gold. Best film is Zodiac imo, followed by The Social Network and Se7en, then Fight Club.]
  • Steven Soderbergh [Informant :lmao]
  • David Lynch [Mulholland Drive and Lost Highway are classics to me, Twin Peaks the TV show is always entertaining. Dale Cooper gets two thumbs up.]
  • Christopher Nolan [I'll make an unusual choice and say that my favorite movie of Nolan's is "Following"]
  • Joel/Ethan Cohen [Fargo, Big Lebowski, Serious Man, Burn after Reading]
  • Lars von Trier [Riget was fucking awesome]
  • Alfred Hitchcock [Self explanatory]
  • Roman Polanski [Not acquainted with most of his older movies besides Rosemary's Baby, but going by his new works I'm guessing they are just as good if not vastly superior]
(And many others)

Have you seen Chinatown its a total masterpiece. Also thought his recent film Carnage was better than many gave it credit for. What other Polanski films do you like?

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I've only seen Oliver Twist, Rosemary's Baby, The Ghost Writer (or was it "The Ghost") and The Pianist, all were amazing, imo...I'm ashamed to say I haven't watched Chinatown, but I'm procuring that and the rest of the apartment trilogy in a few minutes.

The Ghost Writer climax was (Y)

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I've only seen Oliver Twist, Rosemary's Baby, The Ghost Writer (or was it "The Ghost") and The Pianist, all were amazing, imo...I'm ashamed to say I haven't watched Chinatown, but I'm procuring that and the rest of the apartment trilogy in a few minutes.

The Ghost Writer climax was (Y)

It was just called Ghost and was very good too. Not so keen on his Oliver Twist. The others you should really see are Knife in the Water (his debut), The Tennant and Frantic.

AF.

Reaction score
Nolan is without a doubt my favourite.

James Cameron
Peter Jackson
Martin Scorscese

Haven't seen enough Tarantino although Inglorious is fucking fantastic.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
^He's not one of my favorites but I've seen all his movies and they are all very good, I thought even the somewhat lower rated "Death Proof" was awesome.

(Reservoir Dogs, Four Rooms and Pulp Fiction are his best imo)

Django Unchained (his new movie) has DiCaprio...hate that guy. I don't know why. He's not a bad actor, but I just get turned off when they show him on screen, his voice, the way he carries himself, everything. It's almost comically unreasonable how much I object to him that I'm thinking there's some deeper reason.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
David Fincher
Tarantino
Kevin Smith
David Chase [directed one of the best TV series moments ever, if not the best]
Wes Anderson

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Don't get the Taratino love. He did one good film and two classics and then just did paradies referencing the films he used to watch but forgetting to provide us with a story or characters. Basically every person in a modern QT film talks the same and its just boring. Death Proof was awful IMO.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Don't get the Taratino love. He did one good film and two classics and then just did paradies referencing the films he used to watch but forgetting to provide us with a story or characters. Basically every person in a modern QT film talks the same and its just boring. Death Proof was awful IMO.

Loved Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Basterds, Kill Bill and True Romance. I know he didn't direct True Romance, but his involvement can't be ignored. Granted he's gone a little downhill in recent years, but I think he's done enough to be classed as a favourite.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Loved Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Basterds, Kill Bill and True Romance. I know he didn't direct True Romance, but his involvement can't be ignored. Granted he's gone a little downhill in recent years, but I think he's done enough to be classed as a favourite.

You forgot Jackie Brown that is his other great film in my mind. Didn't like Kill Bill, still need to see IB and True Romance is only decent at best.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
You forgot Jackie Brown that is his other great film in my mind. Didn't like Kill Bill, still need to see IB and True Romance is only decent at best.

Haven't seen Jackie Brown. IB is a really good film. You should try to watch it sometime in the near future.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
And Django Unchained from Tarantino looks like it's gonna be epic. :wank:

[video=youtube;eUdM9vrCbow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdM9vrCbow[/video]

Reaction score
I've actually never seen a Martin Scorsese movie either.

Start watching his films NOW!

True Romance was horrible. I despise that movie!

As for my favorite directors, here is my list:

Martin Scorsese
Quentin Tarantino
Christopher Nolan
Darren Aronofsky
Kevin Smith

I think Danny Boyle and David Fincher are great directors. In regards to Boyle, Trainspotting and Slumdog Millionaire were great films but I have not seen his other films yet. As for David Fincher, Fight Club and Se7en were great and although I was not that impressed with The Social Network, a lot of people do praise that film. I would like to watch more of his films though.

I would like to watch Alfred Hitchcock and David Lynch's films. They were mentioned quite a bit in this thread.

As for Stanley Kubrick, I've only seen The Shining. I would love to watch his other films as well.

Tim Burton is awful now. I thought his earlier films were pretty good but I definitely don't think he is that great.

OH and I completely forgot about Steven Spielberg. He is great!

Last edited: