WrestleMania 35 Everything we know about Sasha Banks wanting to quit WWE so far

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I was never a huge Cena fan as I've said, but man when he and Punk got together there was magic. It still amazes me that those two never had a WrestleMania main event. If they can do what they do at Money in the Bank and on Raws, imagine what they could have done on the grandest stage of them all?

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Twice in a lifetime doesn't need to go on last. The tickets will still sell for it even if it's the second to last match. They absolutely didn't need the belt. The match was a clash of icons. The belt became secondary once Punk was out. Shit, I've even seen some dirts from the time that said why didn't they slip Punk in and make it a three-way? Punk was used for the build in the two shows that preceded it with Rock anyway. Cena could have beaten them both and won the title so he could lose it to Lesnar in Suplex City.

Here's the thing I'm not a huge Cena fan and never have been. That said, pragmatically I say both. First off, Cena had began winding in 2011. Between Punk, Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns, Cena was never really the one and only top guy after 2014 the year Punk left anyway. Build up the guy who was white hot and had the crowd behind him and let Cena be his dancing partner. Every generation had that Hogan-Savage, Hogan-Warrior, Bret-Shawn, Austin-Rock, Angle-Lesnar, Cena-Batista, Cena-Edge, dual top guy spot. 2011-2015 could have been Cena-Punk, then maybe after that Cena could have let Bryan take his spot because man Punk-Bryan when Bryan got white hot would have been money.
Why is Punk vs Taker bigger than the WWE Championship/Cena’s redemption bigger in a sports entertainment aspect?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I missed the debate but I'm with Brandon on the Punk thing. Maybe to a lesser extent. I don't think he was shafted by WWE necessarily (booking wise) but mishandled? Absolutely.

Let's not ignore the fact that he was dicked around before his record breaking reign which he had to scrape and claw his way into getting to begin with despite the fact he was always clearly one of the most well rounded superstars, if not the most well rounded, who could illicit a reaction as a face (see ECW, first Raw run, Voice of the Voiceless) or heel (see SES, New Nexus, final heel turn). You're delusional if you don't think he was constantly one of the most over people on the roster. Yet, he routinely had his gimmicks micromanaged or stifled.

They had him punted, leading to him vacating the World Heavyweight Championship despite not being injured. Taker came back and took the title off him in his third reign, allegedly because Taker had a problem with the way Punk presented himself, even though Punk's feud with Hardy was one of the best things that happened in WWE that year. They split up SES prematurely, once again despite Punk being arguably the most despised man on the roster. Then when he got the title, they nearly botched the thing by involving Kevin Nash and Alberto Del Rio in the thing even though no one was interested in either of those men. Yes he had a historic reign and yes he was treated as a big deal, but he didn't main event either WrestleMania or even the SummerSlam that took place in the middle of his reign.

His reign ended to The Rock who didn't even need the belt to continue his feud with Cena, and he went on to lose to Taker then Lesnar (stealing the show in both of those matches, I might add), and then they expected him to face Triple H at WrestleMania XXX, which I think it's fair to speculate would have been another self-gratifying Triple H Mania performance that Punk almost certainly wouldn't have won without some kind of shenanigans. He was move over than arguably anyone since Rock and Austin at the peak of his run and yet he was always in the shadow of someone else and kept losing to part-timers. I can't see how anyone could deny that they would have been pissed about that. I get not putting him and Jericho on last at 28. Cena and Rock was a big time blockbuster match, and for this to be the first meeting, it was obviously main event worthy. At 29, he and Taker could have went on last. We had seen Cena and Rock already at this point. Punk was still doing amazing work and The Streak was still vaunted. Plus, if Triple H vs. Chris Jericho can main event over Hogan vs. Rock, I think you can justify putting Punk and Taker on last. Especially if you're going to have Punk beat the streak... which he should have. Or even better, just make it a triple threat main event - Rock vs. Cena vs. Punk. That's what Punk wanted, but he didn't get it. Instead he just carried Taker to the match of the night and still went out on his back. Then they follow that up by having him lose to Lesnar at SummerSlam 2013. Considering he was no longer champ and Brock was verifiably hot at this point in time, this doesn't seem too bad, but after losing your belt to Rock, failing to main event Mania again, losing to Taker, dropping back down to a secondary level main event player, and then having to lose to Lesnar, it becomes more understandable. Despite, again, turning in a classic with Brock, Punk's next feuds would be against Curtis Axel, Ryback and Kane before his departure.

So you look at a guy who truly set the wrestling world on fire, drew in a lot of fans who hadn't been fans for years, and should have become an example for how you can grab the brass ring despite not being a "WWE guy" before Daniel Bryan had his own meteoric rise, and think about all the times he was stifled, overlooked or otherwise screwed over, I don't think there could be any dispute that he deserved better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Why is Punk vs Taker bigger than the WWE Championship/Cena’s redemption bigger in a sports entertainment aspect?
The death of Paul Bearer and the streak ending would make it bigger after the show was over.

Certainly more than a rematch we already saw the year prior.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
The death or Paul Bearer and the streak ending would make it bigger after the show was over.

Certainly more than a rematch we already saw the year prior.
The streak wasn’t ending tho. Who really thought Punk was winning?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The streak wasn’t ending tho. Who really thought Punk was winning?
It should have was my point. It ended a year later anyway. Even if it didn't, with Bearer's death, the story was there.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Punk stans. :heston

Tap tap wrap a tap.
The Lesnar stans got what they wanted a year later so...

for the record I probably marked more than anyone when Lesnar did it so I'm in the middle of this particular one. :mark:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
It should have was my point. It ended a year later anyway. Even if it didn't, with Bearer's death, the story was there.
Why should it have? Punk wasn’t the star Lesnar was. And why would Taker lose when Pusl Bearer literally JUST died?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
The Lesnar stans got what they wanted a year later so...

for the record I probably marked more than anyone when Lesnar did it so I'm in the middle of this particular one. :mark:
I was giving you shit, my man. :lmao

We need more Lesnar, in fact, let's make him the Big Bad for the next 20 years. :heston

Tap tap wrap a tap.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Why should it have? Punk was the star Lesnar was. And why would Taker lose when Pusl Bearer literally JUST died?
Because that's when you really shock the crowd. Imagine
mania27.gif
if Punk won.

Either way as you said he just died. Would have been a great tribute main even if Taker had to win.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I was giving you shit, my man. :lmao

We need more Lesnar, in fact, let's make him the Big Bad for the next 20 years. :heston

Tap tap wrap a tap.
When Lesnar retained over Reigns last year there were so many confused Smarks. :heston

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Because that's when you really shock the crowd. Imagine
mania27.gif
if Punk won.

Either way as you said he just died. Would have been a great tribute main even if Taker had to win.
They shocked the crowd either way. And there was no to capitalize on Punk breaking the streak the way Brock has.

Again, you’re a Punk fan. You’re biased. But he shouldn’t have broken the streak and in the years when he was in top, he shouldn’t have main event Mania

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
When Lesnar retained over Reigns last year there were so many confused Smarks. :heston
:heston :heston :heston

I suppose you could say he...

SLAYED those Smarks?

:smh

I'll take my leave.

Tap tap wrap a tap.

• Haha

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
They shocked the crowd either way. And there was no to capitalize on Punk breaking the streak the way Brock has.

Again, you’re a Punk fan. You’re biased. But he shouldn’t have broken the streak and in the years when he was in top, he shouldn’t have main event Mania
Punk haters are also biased. Punk has all the numbers to back up the fact he was one of the hottest acts WWE had at the time, but they keep acting like he wasn't. The man only wanted to main event one WrestleMania. Even the year after he left, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns would get to main event. There's no reason Punk didn't get to get to when he was champion for 434 days. I'm sorry twice in a lifetime didn't need to main event over the guy WWE had carry their brand for over a year. You said you were business man, you really letting a guy like Punk go when all he wants is to go on last at one show? Like I said, the story was primed for even a three-way with Punk, Rock and Cena and at least that way they didn't lie about their once in a lifetime advertising the year prior. Everyone wins.