Edge Retirement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

nation

Reaction score
Not much else can be said but damn since he became The Rated R Superstar, he's been a personal favorite of mine, even before then he was awesome. Edge and Christian, possibly the greatest tag team of all fucking time, definitely the most charismatic tag team ever. Edge has become one of the biggest stars on the roster. His name is right up there with Cena, Taker, HHH, Orton, etc. He is one of the elite stars, someone they can always rely on.

He has been pretty much the face of Smackdown since fucking Kurt Angle and The Rock. Sure Taker is on the brand but he's always taking a fucking break and Mysterio just is no where near as big of a name as Edge is. Excluding his last brief run on RAW, he has carried Smackdown for years now. Before that, he was an essential part of RAW and the man was in his prime. He hasn't been in his prime for sometime but even out of it he is still one of the best performers in the business.

Like, Noumenon said, he has brought prestige to the World Heavyweight Championship, basically carrying the championship and easily having the most hand in making it so prestigious. The greatest WWE World Heavyweight Champion thus far. Amazing runs with the WWE championship as well.

It's a shame. We still haven't had that one huge Edge vs. Christian feud. Glad the man won't end up paralyzed now. The question now is will Christian finally win the world championship out of sympathy or because he has busted his fucking ass off for it? and really should have had the WWE belt back in 2005. Hopefully somehow, Edge comes back someday for a short run. Probably not with nerve damage but who knows. There are medical miracles.

noumenon

Reaction score
I just want to add... what an absolute class act this guy is. That send off on Smackdown last night was amazing. You could see the love Edge has for the business pouring out of him. Something as simple as him doing his entrance one more time was all he wanted to make him happy. It was so hard to be depressed to see him leave with how optimistic he was for his future and how grateful he was for everything that he accomplished and the respect he's earned in the business. Truly one of the defining people in this generation of wrestling, with so much more to give to the sport.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Exactly, the part that got cut off SD was an even better show of class and respect for the business.

[yt]4kqnaKy8HMI[/yt]

[yt]UvvHDQxDd5o[/yt]

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
you wanna laugh at me for whatever reasons, that's fine, be my guest but if it's the fact of what I said to DD, I don't see what's funny about that?

I personally thought it was really funny how serious you got about Edge.

Big send off for Edge, was glad they didn't have anyone run in and ruin the moment, but I was sitting there and waiting for EXCUSE ME to suddenly happen.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I'm glad they played up some kind of dislike for Del Rio though, it made it more personal and hopefully it establishes Del Rio as an asshole further from here on out, I like that they salvaged at least that kayfabe. Even more how much the WWE respects Edge is that they're posting all of this content as well where he's completely gone against characters outside of Del Rio and talked up Kane and guys like Undertaker.

That was an incredible send off, and amazing of Triple H to be the one to come out and urge him to go another 10 minutes on the mic for everyone. I'm sure the guys did something special for him after the show(s) this week, but you could tell Edge wanted really loved having those guys come out and see him in the ring in front of the audience. As said by others, it really takes a lot of the hurt and disappointment away to know that he's not going to end up severely injured, and guys are already looking forward to him writing and whatever role he has from here on out.

...god...

Reaction score
OMFG TRIPLE H. Didn't know they were that close. That was all really awesome though, so fuckin sad.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I personally thought it was really funny how serious you got about Edge.

Big send off for Edge, was glad they didn't have anyone run in and ruin the moment, but I was sitting there and waiting for EXCUSE ME to suddenly happen.
well maybe i did get a little too upset, but it's not just 'cause of Efge's injuies and having to walk away from the one thing that he loves doing. It's because a lot of people have these kind of shit happen to them on a daily basis, and it upsets me when DD comes out and says what he said. It's just not nice.

Axis

Reaction score
I bet Vince McMahon broke Edge's neck while he was sleeping.

ackj

Reaction score
Maybe Edge can become the Raw GM and finally get rid of the anonymous computer. We've already seen Edge vs laptop, which made him get traded, so there's still a non-wrestling angle he has.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I bet Vince McMahon broke Edge's neck while he was sleeping.

Speaking of which; I seem to remember Edge laid out on the floor backstage like they were going to make a story out of the entire situation, and they began a search for it, but I don't recall ever getting an answer as to who kayfabe broke his neck...

:/

Or maybe I just missed it and the answer was revealed, but I doubt that.

Reaction score
OMFG TRIPLE H. Didn't know they were that close. That was all really awesome though, so fuckin sad.

OMG. Triple H!!!! Fag.

Why'd he have to hit his music? He's not above the other boys and he shouldn't have tried to get a pop playing his music, but thankfully no one really gave a shit as is usually the case after two or three months of Trips.

When you really survey the land, WWE is pretty fucked right now. They've no nuts to have pushed someone the way they pushed Trips in 1999-2001. I do understand why they don't do Lesnar-Lashley pushes, but shit, protecting their Ortons and Cenas has really left them fucked. Rock did the job almost on a bi monthly basis and he never fell off, Foley and Austin bent over backwards to help make Trips and they never fell off. But the WWE is so fucking scared of their top guys losing any bit of steam, regardless if they are in a shit audience, that it is really hurting them. If they had kept Sheamus on the pace he was on, he'd be a sure fire main eventer, if Miz had beaten Cena without having to get jobbed out by the Rock, maybe he'd be a bit more of a legit champ. They need to do something because Trips and Taker are sporadic at best and Cena is basically being booked around his Mania match a year from now and Orton...well he just ain't that great. And honestly behind the Punks, Big Shows and Kanes, there is no depth at all. Cody Rhode and Del Rio have fantastic characters but are shit wrestlers. John Morrison is a good in ring talent but is bland as fuck on the character side. Sheamus has the unique factor, very good in the ring, solid on the mic and gets his feet cut from under him and the angle that would have cemented him is crushed in 15 seconds. It's bad when people think Dolph Ziggler is main event talent.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
ZACK RYDER!!!11!!!!11111

WWYKI

fuzzy

Reaction score
It's way too early to push Sin Cara, if they're actually gonna do it.