Edge Retirement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
If Christian does win the strap it will always be looked at as a pity run, kind of like when Rey won the title @ WM22 because of Eddie. Granted not exactly the same but I still think if Edge had not retired he wouldn't be in a main event match right now, that's by no means a knock on him. I'm a huge Christian fan and I would have no issues with him winning the title, and by all means if he is given the ball he should run with it. But I still think Del Rio is going over at Extreme Rules, it's always a lot easier to establish a face as a championship contender after losing rather than a heel imo.

fuzzy

Reaction score
I think that a lot of people are gonna say : well, if edge didn't retire, then....." I'm not a huge del rio fan but i think he's gonna win it at ER, and even during SD, del rio looked to be more focused on edge rather than Christain.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
If Christian does win the strap it will always be looked at as a pity run, kind of like when Rey won the title @ WM22 because of Eddie. Granted not exactly the same but I still think if Edge had not retired he wouldn't be in a main event match right now, that's by no means a knock on him. I'm a huge Christian fan and I would have no issues with him winning the title, and by all means if he is given the ball he should run with it. But I still think Del Rio is going over at Extreme Rules, it's always a lot easier to establish a face as a championship contender after losing rather than a heel imo.
Nah, I think they were ready to put Christian in it in the hopes Edge would be sidelined at most. Sure, fans will look at it that way, but I think they were setting up a Christian run with Edge out anyways... the retirement might lead to Christian possibly being a full replacement.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Christian is to Edge what Matt Hardy is to Jeff Hardy. Plain and simple. I love Christian and all, but it's pretty much the truth.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Christian is to Edge what Matt Hardy is to Jeff Hardy. Plain and simple. I love Christian and all, but it's pretty much the truth.
Ya i can agree with that. It has seemed that way. but it will be more clear from what happens at ER, imo.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Except Edge > Jeff Hardy and Christian >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matt Hardy

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Regardless, it's obvious that Edge was always looked at as the superior of the two, much like Jeff over Matt. I love Christian but he's always been #2 in the WWE's eyes.

fuzzy

Reaction score
Vince doesn't see christian being the top guy in his company, he never has. The only reason he brought him back, simply because he become huge in tna.
if vince had any intention to make him a top guy, he would by now.

1chiban

Reaction score
Christian is only in this match because Edge had to retire. I fear Vince will try to play off the sympathy card a little by giving Christian the strap, but I think they're looking to turn Del Rio into a superstar, so he has to go over for me and take the belt to Raw.

imported_Ant

Reaction score
I cannot see the two major titles on one show. The whole point of the draft is for fresh new feuds and storylines to develop. If both major titles are on the same brand then that means that, somewhere down the line, the titles will be merged. If they merge the titles into one belt that could be defended on both brands then that means that the number one contender must be specific to one show (Eg Orton on SD.) If Orton becomes number one contender, technically he could only appear on SD. Leaving Raw with no belt and no major feud to push with.

If the above happens, it would made the entire WWE Draft, and its concept, moot.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Well, going that far they'd have been better to just end that brand split altogether and just do things like they did circa 1999-2002.

Shame that was never likely though.

Doomsday

Reaction score
And Doomsday, I hope to God you're trolling. If not you're a fucking moron.
He is a quitter.
If Taker, Flair & Hogan aren't good examples of people who can fight through injuries I have a great one.
TERRY FUNK

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Quitting > paralysis.

Doomsday

Reaction score
They should have a triple threat I quit match.
Edge vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Hornswoggle

I mean c'mon. Have a surgery. If it's that bad... Go to a fucking witch doctor.

Airfixx

Reaction score
[I'll say it nice and slow for you...]

You.... Sir.... Are... An.... Un-funny.... MORON! :yes: