Edge Retirement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Reaction score
It seems legit. It would explain a lot... his victory at Mania, ect. Really unexpected. So... discuss.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
This better be a fucking work. Will definitely be refreshing the SD spoilers tomorrow night every minute to see what the deal is. If this just brings in the reign of ADR, I'll be pissed. If this is legit, then I'm glad as hell I got to see him work in person. Such a great talent and wish him the best in whatever else he does. Will be missed most definitely.

Reaction score
If this is true, I am terribly saddened. The company's go to guy retiring...bummer. Great, great talent. Since 2002, he is up there with Jericho, HBK and Rey as the best workers on the roster. So who's going to take his place as the go-to guy? I see Punk getting some major burn this summer.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
One of the best workers in the E, great talent from the Attitude Era who we've seen grown over the years from vampire to tag champion to world champion. Sad to see this happen to anyone, nerve damage is no joke.

Honestly though, Edge was an average wrestler to me.

nikkoaz

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks this isn't legit is sadly mistaken. He addressed how people think it's all fake, that it doesn't hurt. I can't remember the last time someone was allowed to break character like that. It's obvious he was given a mic and said say what you want and say goodbye how you want. It's really a damn shame. Just an all time great talent.

fuzzy

Reaction score
He's really gone, didn't see that coming at all, although he had hinted few times before WM that he's gonna be retiring soon, just a shock to see that soon came just like that.......:(
my guess would be either Punk or Ziggy is gonna take his place.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Pretty sure it is 100% legit. He also spoke of retirement a few years ago but, apparently, the docs really did find that he would never be fully cleared to wrestle about a week ago, I think it was, and would end up crippled or even die if he kept wrestling....he was taking huge risks by staying.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I was an Edgehead way back when he was in the Brood... kinda disliked his work the past 2 years or so... not so much because I thought he was stale but because the restriction on his character due to PG was evident... I've always loved Edge's in-ring work.

I don't believe this is a work at all... although, I do hope and believe it could be an HBK kind of situation where he is able to return someday... though I doubt that with it being the neck and nerve related.

For once, I saw an emotion on Edge's face I never quite expected to see... and I saw emotions on the faces of superstars saying farewell that I never expected to see. I admit, I was waiting for Del Rio to interrupt him before he announced he was retiring, but the rundown of his career and the nod to Jim Ross seemed to seal it for me.

But the WWE giving him the victory at Mania really is admirable knowing what we now know, says a lot about how highly they think of that man. It does also explain the way the match went down. Honestly a sad day in wrestling history to be completely honest.

While I hope this is a work, the details really felt legitimate enough and the entire character of all superstars was broken for this matter and it was a truly special moment when that crowd thanked him and he shed tears. I really hope we get to see Edge acting in the near future or doing something on-screen. I just really hope we get a pose from E&C on SmackDown!

Doomsday

Reaction score
I for one, know that it's legit. I also think that he IS A QUITTER!
If Ric Flair, Undertaker & Hulk Hogan can still get out there and do it... then quit being a whiny bitch.
Undertaker has had injuries that could end his career 100 times over.

The whole time I was hoping Alberto Del Rio would come out and beat the snot out of him.

Mizard of Oz

Reaction score
I for one, know that it's legit. I also think that he IS A QUITTER!

Yeah, hes a quitter for not wanting to end up in a wheelchair and waste the rest of his life away instead of enjoying what hes worked hard.. Yeah, hes a quitter... I'd love to see you go out there with some of the injuries these guys go through and tell me you'll continue happy as ever. Of course, since you're Mr. Macho Hard Headed man, you'll say you will when in all honesty, you'd cry like a little bitch.

I'm not saying in any way that I can go out there and do it, because I know I couldn't.

and yes, it is a legit retirement for anyone thats wondering.

seX-Power

Reaction score
this sucks, but at least he went out on a high. it was going to happen soon anyway and i'd prefer he retire now than go on to lessen the overall impact/legacy of his career. i hope he's back soon though in some way shape or form, either as a general manager for raw (that would be sweet) or even managing christian to a world title (would be even better).

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
Quite clearly a legit retirement, if not then its the most convincing work I've ever seen. Edge has been one of the mainstays of the company for the past half a decade. Always reliable to have good matches, never afraid to put his body on the line. The match at WM 24 with Undertaker was one of the best matches in recent WWE memory imo. At least he got to go out on top, the way one should go out. Hopefully we'll see him inducted into the HOF in the next few years because he sure as hell deserves it.

And Doomsday, I hope to God you're trolling. If not you're a fucking moron.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Nope... He IS a Moron.

I for one, know that it's legit.

Well if the rest of your posts are anything to go by, I'd say you know JACK-FUCKIN-SHIT.

I also think that he IS A QUITTER!

If Ric Flair, Undertaker & Hulk Hogan can still get out there and do it... then quit being a whiny bitch.
Undertaker has had injuries that could end his career 100 times over.

When's the last time you saw Hogan jump off a 15ft ladder (or even have a match)? ....Or Flair for that matter (who's prob done it like once in his entire career)?

Taker should have been WM-only for the last 2+ years cos of the kind of shape he's in...

YOU'RE A MORON!

As for Edge: Never been a fave of mine, but he'll be SORELY missed... Don't need to look any further than the last 3 months.... Imagine it without Edge...

One of the most over guys on the roster. Gone.
Great match with Ziggles @ RR? Gone.
The SD EC match? Fucked without him.
...And dispite the over-exposure of the DelRio/Edge/Christian fued, was still in one of the better matches at WM27.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
By the way, Doomsday... if the WWE made him get retested , chances are they were not going to let him wrestle anyways... Vince can't afford to know someone has a serious risk and have them die in the middle of the ring on a PPV because he just ignored a result which doctor's recommended retirement because of.

Undertaker's injuries are wear-and-tear... he's not had a critical, possibly crippling injury. His hip is bad and his shoulder is shot, sure... but he's not going to be confined to a wheelchair because of those injuries. A limp and a weak arm <<< nerve and spinal damage.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily