Drew McIntyre's 'Gay' Gimmick?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Again, nobody knows for sure whether this is even true or not, so its better not to speculate until its been confirmed. I feel there may have been some sort of "lost in translation" moment and he wasn't actually "flirting" with the fans, simply trying to get heat from them.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I think you guys are jumping the gun a bit. There is one unconfirmed source. Why even speculate. After a day, you would think there would be more.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I think you guys are jumping the gun a bit. There is one unconfirmed source. Why even speculate. After a day, you would think there would be more.

Surprise, surprise, I found another report on 411Mania that leaves out the blowing kisses to men thing. I wonder if someone wasn't jumping the gun a little. If he's playing an arrogant playboy, blowing kisses to the crowd would be natural. After all, Rick Martel did that all the time, and nobody ever labelled the Model gimmick as being "gay". Ok, so it was pretty gay, but the point is nobody actually came out and said it was gay!

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I hope that it isn't true. Regardless, the WWE really fucked this guy up.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I can see Drew doing a Rick Martel thing, actually. Maybe he could inherit a modeling business back in Scotland from his uncle and become a fashion mogul. He could try to recruit Cody and Big Zeke to be male models for his company. Zeke refuses, but Cody aligns with Drew once again and the two meet Ezekiel in a fashion studio handicap match where if Ezekiel loses, he becomes a male model. Drew ultimately throws blush in his eyes and picks up a win. Zeke’s ring attire then becomes a speed-o and a bow tie like a Chip ‘n’ Dale’s model. The three begin to enter on cat walks with Right Said Fred theme music and ultimately begin hosted 45-minute fashion shows in the middle of Smackdown!

Ok, well, that would be going a little too far, but I reserve that I like the idea of such a gimmick.

Castiel

Reaction score
I hope that it isn't true. Regardless, the WWE really fucked this guy up.

Not really, they're simply giving him some personality and trying to make him actual interesting and not completely boring to watch. I for one am excited to see how this turns out.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Not really, they're simply giving him some personality and trying to make him actual interesting and not completely boring to watch. I for one am excited to see how this turns out.

Look at Drew this time last year and look at him now. I do believe that they can build him up once again but, if he was booked properly he could have had a WHC title run by now. I don't understand why Del Rio got a huge push over him.

Castiel

Reaction score
I never found Drew entertaining really, back when he came in as "The Chosen One" I just found him really boring. I liked his entrance and that was it. Lol

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I don't understand why Del Rio got a huge push over him.

This would be mainly due to WWE always trying to tap the lucrative Hispanic market in the US. It's apparently not enough for them to have just Rey Mysterio, hence why they push Del Rio and Sin Cara as well. The Scottish market is obviously not as important to them.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I've always been a fan of his. A face push would be interesting for him.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I would love to see another Rick Martel type gimmick. I loved that gimmick.