Drew McIntyre's 'Gay' Gimmick?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
WWE has come to terms on the release of superstar Drew McIntyre. We wish him the best of luck in all his future endeavors.

They wouldn't actually release him until they got him to job out to someone more important than Khali on national television.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Khali is important just because of his size. But no I don't see him getting released anytime soon

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Khali is important just because of his size. But no I don't see him getting released anytime soon

I did argue that losing to Khali wasn't exactly a burial because of his size, but it still didn't do Drew any favours. I agree though, I don't see him being released.

Castiel

Reaction score
Anything to give him some personality I guess... didn't he hate Brodus a few weeks ago because he was making a joke of wrestling or something though? :lol:

CrimsonTide

Reaction score
If Jeff Hardy actually sticks with it and keeps working, a McIntyre/Hardy feud would be awesome. just sayin

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Worked for Billy & Chuck

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Drew has the look of a pretty boy with his abs and long hair but honestly I think it would just be an embarassment for him. I think WWE should give him a dominant heel run again.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Drew has the look of a pretty boy with his abs and long hair but honestly I think it would just be an embarassment for him. I think WWE should give him a dominant heel run again.

At this point it would be virtually impossible to imagine him being a dominant heel considering it seems he's lost to the entire SD roster. I think the time is ripe to turn him face, using the losing streak as a motivation for him to work harder and overcome adversity. It's a tough angle to run but it could work in the long run.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
That sounds like what happened to MVP when he turned face and it actually worked out well for him until he left so maybe it could work for Drew.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
That sounds like what happened to MVP when he turned face and it actually worked out well for him until he left so maybe it could work for Drew.

They need to do something with him and obviously making him lose continually is not the answer. I could see him as a face feuding with Cody over the IC Title and the matches would be good as well.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Yeah him vs Cody would be a pretty awesome feud but when would it start? I haven't been watching WWE recently so does Cody have a feud for WM yet? It would have to start after WM.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah him vs Cody would be a pretty awesome feud but when would it start? I haven't been watching WWE recently so does Cody have a feud for WM yet? It would have to start after WM.

Well Cody seems to be moving towards a Big Show feud that would culminate at 'Mania. Obviously that's tentative on Shaq appearing, though that's looking more and more unlikely.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
If WWE are going to do a "gay" gimmick, surely it'd be easier to use someone from FCW?

I mean, Drew has been "straight" his entire WWE run (remember his thing with Kelly Kelly last year?), so for him to suddenly turn around and declare his preference for penis would be hella weird.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The gay gimmick is fecicious linebacker. He's not gonna literally come out and say he's gay. Or will he...

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
This is just awful, completely fucking awful! They've really ruined Drew.