Dragon Ball Heroes Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I actually started watching some guy on YouTube that does what if stories and some of them sound really good. Like one is where Goku ended up with Bulma instead of Chichi.
Yeah, i know who you are talking about and his videos are pretty good and interesting.

Reactions: Solid Snake

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
@CM Punk I finished. I enjoyed it... But I still enjoyed Super more.

The Trunks Saga alone was more enjoyable to me over the entirety of GT. I can see why some people like it more than Super though given the battles, character growth, and the SS4 transformations. I would have preferred those over the SS Blue in the story but ah well.
I still go GT over Super. Which doesn't mean the Trunks arc wasn't better than the entirety of GT, I still agree with that. But overall as a story continuing from Dragon Ball Z, GT makes a whole more sense to me.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I still go GT over Super. Which doesn't mean the Trunks arc wasn't better than the entirety of GT, I still agree with that. But overall as a story continuing from Dragon Ball Z, GT makes a whole more sense to me.
Story wise, yeah it makes sense but it ends. And for me, I don't want it to end just yet. I mean they could have easily stretched out what they did in Super to mean more instead of Goku jumping into god pants to fight Beerus and then somehow becoming stronger than that with SS Blue. I mean they added Ultra Instinct which is all fine and dandy but they over did it with the power levels.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I mean they added Ultra Instinct which is all fine and dandy but they over did it with the power levels.
Not only did they overdo it with the power levels, but the names of them were dumb as well. Also, Super added way too much people who were OP and made some way too OP for no reason.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Not only did they overdo it with the power levels, but the names of them were dumb as well. Also, Super added way too much people who were OP and made some way too OP for no reason.
I feel like Hit was an amazing character until he got thrown around like a rag doll.

Like how some of the Z fighters made it as far as they did... didn't make much sense either.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I feel like Hit was an amazing character until he got thrown around like a rag doll.

Like how some of the Z fighters made it as far as they did... didn't make much sense either.
Hit was decent and I liked the concept of the character, but yeah once he was a rag doll I was just like, okay that was dumb.

Exactly.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Hit was decent and I liked the concept of the character, but yeah once he was a rag doll I was just like, okay that was dumb.

Exactly.
And Jiren.... :ffs:

I wanted to like him but they just made the dude too damn much. Like he was the one that made Hit look like a worthless piece of crap and he nearly killed Goku... TWICE!

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
And Jiren.... :ffs:

I wanted to like him but they just made the dude too damn much. Like he was the one that made Hit look like a worthless piece of crap and he nearly killed Goku... TWICE!
Yep, you are right on the money. Jiren was too OP for no reason.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yep, you are right on the money. Jiren was too OP for no reason.
As much as I can complain I am still a sucker for the anime and did enjoy it... I just wish they did some stuff differently.
I can see why people hated it though, especially the final tournament. I did like how they did the ending but at the same time it pissed me off lol

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
@CM Punk I jumped down the Dragon Ball hole. I started it. I am 2 episodes in. I will watch a few a day so it lasts a while.
I actually like that Bulma is still the same in the later series. I do remember seeing the "Where's your balls!?" moment before.

Should I just keep using this thread or you want me to start another one? Who knows when we will get another 10 minutes of questionable marketing lol

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
@CM Punk I jumped down the Dragon Ball hole. I started it. I am 2 episodes in. I will watch a few a day so it lasts a while.
I actually like that Bulma is still the same in the later series. I do remember seeing the "Where's your balls!?" moment before.

Should I just keep using this thread or you want me to start another one? Who knows when we will get another 10 minutes of questionable marketing lol
Might as well use this, no one but you is watching it.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Okay, I was kinda busy so I'll get my thoughts out on GT and why I like it better than Super.

For Super, I'll say I like a few of the fights better than GT.
For GT, I like the overall story a bit more than Super as far as continuing the Z story goes.

Like what really was Super? Goku getting a hard-on for strong fighters. No real plot, no character development for anyone except maybe Gohan, Krillin and Android 17 but really, who cares?

GT to me was a show that had a great concept, but failed execution.
They could have dragged it for at least 100+ episodes.

A lot of people disliked Goku turning into a kid. I honestly didn't really care, I don't think the show would change my perspective on it whether he was a kid or not. If anything, they could have done something like having another character turned into a kid like Chi Chi, Bulma or Master Roshi. I don't know, just throwing names.

Second mistake was having Pan be on the flight. Really should have been Goten and they could have pushed Goten and Trunks as the top new Z fighters. Vegeta also being a part of it would have been cool too.

Third mistake was rushing everything. Super Android 17 arc could have been at least 15+ episodes but for some reason it was only 6-7?

As for what you could do now that you have finished GT? They have a movie about Goku Jr.
It's not that good, it's super laid back. Almost on a Dragon Ball level laid back. Don't expect anything insane from it if you choose to watch it.

I'd probably say overall it's better to branch off and watch shounen shows other than the Dragon Ball series.
Which still carry the overall same feeling, just different approach, etc.

Yu Yu Hakusho - 112 Episodes and is a classic
Hunter x Hunter 2011 - 148 episodes (Incomplete)
One Piece - 850+ episodes and ongoing (Favorite anime, but might take time to catch up and a lot of commitment.)
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - 64 episodes
Case Closed - 130 episodes + 6 movies dubbed - 900+ episodes and ongoing (Fun laid back show to watch. Not a show to watch seriously, but just to relax.)

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
As much as I can complain I am still a sucker for the anime and did enjoy it... I just wish they did some stuff differently.
I can see why people hated it though, especially the final tournament. I did like how they did the ending but at the same time it pissed me off lol
Eh, I started out as a DBZ fan, but as I have gotten older I have realized it never was that great to me at least and I thought Super could change my mind as I have heard all the hype for it and how it was the best and everything, but once I started watching I found it to be worse than the original series for the reasons as I mentioned earlier about adding too many OP people and adding too much power levels with dumb names and no backstory on it, you know.

Yeah, I agree.