Dolph's Whining Again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Here's a Link to the video version of the interview Dolph Ziggler: Why he isn't being pushed, Wrestlemania dream opponent, answers fan questions, more - YouTube -- Ziggler talked around the topic of why he's not being featured in a main event program after having a cup of coffee with the World Title earlier this year.

"I feel that I can absolutely put the company on my back," Ziggler said, adding that he believes he can represent WWE in the ring, behind the scenes, doing media, etc.

Asked if he believes he will eventually hold the WWE Title, Ziggler said that he believes he has the ability to be top champion, but "I can't say that I can guarantee I'll win the WWE Championship one day," because he cannot predict whether management will eventually back him at that level.

"One day when that happens, everyone will be like, 'Oh yeah, I knew all along,'" Ziggler said, adding that "I get a bad rap for speaking my mind."

-- Ziggler revealed why he wore a New York Islanders jersey, a Zack Ryder t-shirt, and a third-layer Ziggler t-shirt in his "Hamptons Hardcore match" against Damien Sandow on Raw.

Ziggler said (a) he has numerous t-shirts that he wants to go through, (b) they were in Ryder's home market, and (c) WWE thought the "Long Island Street Fight" match would win the App vote. The Street Fight would have carried a hockey theme, with various hockey-related weapons in-play. But, Ziggler decided to keep on the Islanders hockey jersey anyways for the Hamptons match.

-- Ziggler said his ideal WrestleMania 30 opponent is Shawn Michaels, which Ziggler and Van Vliet agreed is not happening since Michaels is retired.

-- If he were to wrestle a 60-minute Iron Man match, Ziggler said his ideal opponents would be Daniel Bryan or C.M. Punk.

-- Ziggler named Tyson Kidd, Heath Slater, and Alex Riley as three of the most underutilized wrestlers on the roster

PWTorch.com - WWE NEWS: Ziggler talks lack of main event spotlight - when will his time come?, insight on Raw gimmick match vs. Sandow, ideal WM30 opponent?, more (w/Video)
"I feel that I can absolutely put the company on my back"

He even went as far as to say in the video Cena shouldn't be the face of the company

stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif
He is his own worst enemy

Last edited:

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I like dolph but no way he should be face of the company.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
what's wrong with a guy believing in himself?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
His bad rap for speaking his mind as he puts it makes him his own natural enemy. Dolph bitching about his spot, about not being used right, about his look when they changed it, and him doing it not behind closed doors but on camera and the radio is unprofessional. He's his own worst enemy and he doesn't deserve to be pushed or rewarded for being a jackass when he hasn't done anything to earn the clout to overlook it.

Dolph can't blame anyone but Dolph as they say the test of a man true character isn't when he has it all, but when he's down on his luck and has nothing, and Dolph character and I'm not talking his persona comes off as a whiny bitch that will throw the company under the bus. You ever thought they test him with adversity and a low card position to see how he will behave and react? There in lies the difference with a guy like Bryan as well, who doesn't have the title and lost the feud to Orton, but is still kept in a high regard because he never once forgot the line of professional and feeling yourself too much off screen. Same for. Miz who went from King do the mountain and beating Cena at mania to irrelevance, yet doesn't want to be a cowboy and shoot because he knows the line between being cool and a professional doing a job

He is like Carlito, talented, wants it his way (pointing to makeover that would make him look less like cute kip and be taken main event serious much like Jericho and Miz did) but not a professional worth a headache as he just doesn't know when to shut up. Would you really be shocked with the roster consolidating if they did spring cleaning and he was on the list for example?

As as for the other part, confidence and being delusional are fine lines fab.

Last edited:

Killz

Reaction score
I watched this interview last night.

Dolph is completely humble when it comes to guys like DB, CM Punk, John Cena etc he recognises that everyone bar a few names he fails to mention not only loves the business but puts everything into it - referencing the likes of Tyson Kidd as a workhorse again.

Dolph is doing what it has long been believed you had to do to make it in WWE which is practically demand the ball. If you make waves and politic and all that shit you get a chance but a guy comes out legitimately says "I could carry the company" and "I could be champ but it's not my company/I don't make the call" and suddenly he should just be keeping his head down and being thankful for being on TV? If you're not in it to be the best then you shouldn't be in it at all. Ziggler knows how good he is, respects the hell out of everyone else who he knows is good and can work with and is doing his best, in my opinion, to give frank honest reviews of his ability and spot to journalists.

Where does he whine? Also where does he say Cena shouldn't carry the company? I didn't notice that bit last night.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Although I disagree with almost everything Dolph says, C'MON SAIYANS you're the Fox News of this site with Dolph being Obama. If this was anyone that you even remotely liked saying these things (let's say Batista in 2004), you would be praising him for standing up for himself and saying the company should listen.

That being said, I don't mind Dolph complaining, I'm still a fan of him but I'd like to see him do something about it more than just speaking his mind. Also, I doubt he could ever be the face of the company but if any wrestler doesn't believe he could be then he doesn't deserve to be in the WWE.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It seems a really dumb thing to do, some of it I agree with some I don't, but unless its part of something planned and WWE are in on it I don't see much of a point in him saying those things.

Most disturbing was who he sees as the most underused:cesaro:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Most disturbing was who he sees as the most underused:cesaro:

How so? Kidd is self-explanatory. Slater is fucking hilarious and even though he isn't the best wrestler, the dude is one of the most annoying guys on the roster and in the good way that makes a great lower card heel. Riley, meh but he's a pretty good announcer so maybe Dolph meant in this area.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
How so? Kidd is self-explanatory. Slater is fucking hilarious and even though he isn't the best wrestler, the dude is one of the most annoying guys on the roster and in the good way that makes a great lower card heel. Riley, meh but he's a pretty good announcer so maybe Dolph meant in this area.

Fair enough, Kidd is the only one I agreed with.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It's a helluva lot better than him just being a pushover like some guys on the Roster. Kofi, Miz, Slater Not saying these guys have the skills to do anything but you never hear them saying they want to be more than they are

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Whether he actually can or not fact of the matter is you should want to be that guy so you have to believe it if you want other to believe it. You can't just be happy just to be there if you want to make it further in your career. Only thing is the more you put stuff like that out there you have to back it up. The problem with Carlito when he was complaining about his spot that he was doing it while being lazy and the more time went on the less he seemed to try. Dolph when he started to be more outspoken did step it up but feel like he hasn't been doing that as good as of late. This really isn't him whining like Killz was saying but him putting out there that he wants the ball showing initiative and no one should be mad at him for that whether they think he could be that guy or not.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I don't agree with Dolph, but it's the kind of outspoken confidence we need to hear more of.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Lol OP made me chuckle. This is the type of shit that gets you noticed. In a very good way. Dolph saying what he said is an excellent thing for his career. At least it should be as he is in fact speaking his mind. There was no whining that I could see. He's just saying what is on his mind. I respect that. Although I don't think he can carry the company I think he can easily be a top guy if given the chance.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Even if it doesn't get you noticed in a good way, it's some attention as opposed to none at all. That being said, Dolph would have gotten plenty of attention regardless even if he didn't complain because he's pretty over and used quite a bit even if it's not in the capacity some people would like.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think him being outspoken is needed for him kayfabe and in reality. It works for his character as much if not more than a lot of guys on the roster given it fits his character. Lately though they are fucking that up with him being all humble as a face and such and it doesn't work. If he is going to be the outspoken showoff he needs to do it all the time not just in interviews. Not everyone is supposed to be John Cena and be the company guy. It works for John because it is really who he is. If Dolph is ever going to have a chance to make it how he wants to make it then he has to be who he is and these interviews like these is who he is just needs to translate it better on television and drop the generic babyface stuff.