Dixie Carter loves us

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

Blaze, stop defending TNA, you're making it look even worse.

Leave the hopeless defending of TNAged to somebody who can sugar coat the shit.

The Rated R CMStar

I am done.

In your mind a LEGEND's TITLE is the same than the Million Dollar Belt.

Besides , since you that example, you should have atleast know what you were talking about. Ted DiBiase said "I would not bring t back as a CHAMPIONSHIP".

Blaze, you just dont have an argument. Your comparisons aren't smiliar by a long shot. Haven't you noticed how when you said something correct, nobody argued? Edge vs Cena has been done before....that was correct. Does it justify TNA doing Sting vs Angle again? No.

But the rest of your examples are idiotic and make no sense whatsoever,

Besides, the fact that you are given facts and you only come up with "typical WWE mark" is irritating. I am still waiting, welll, me and Moonlight Drive, for you to explain or defend TNA blatantly steaing STORYLINES from the WWE.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I know I been saying that. WWE can do the same ole crap over and over but if TNA does it its OMG WHY THEY DOING THAT AGAIN.

The reason people are harder on TNA Blaze, is the fact that the WWE can pretty much do whatever they want without worry of severe repercussion. There will still be enough people watching regardless.

TNA on the other hand cannot afford to pull idiot shit like they are now. You don't think CMS et al don't want TNA succeed? Of course they do, and that is why the reaction to their bullshit story telling and booking is so severe. Because so long as TNA continues to book by the seat of their pants, they are not going anywhere in the near future aside from back into a sea of red ink, from which this time they will not emerge, and that's a bad thing for wrestling as a whole.

If anything, it's the blind markdom employed by people like yourself and Roxxi that continues to stop TNA from growing into the company they need to be. They feed you garbage and you say it's awesome because it's somewhat different (read: not better) than the WWE. TNA fans need to realize that this is not enough and they cannot compare themselves to the WWE as they are two wrestling companies yes, but that is where the similarities end. Apples and oranges.

Montana

Ratings got down. Maybe the little 3 in 1.3 didn't, but iMPACT lost viewers.

As Edge would say...your WRONG WRONG WRONG..

You said you would eat your words if they "KEPT THE SAME RATING" And they did, and yet your not eating your words.

This is almost exactly what i'm talking about when people complain about TNA. Yes, they do have reasons behind it. But IMO its very weak reasoning. Everyone expects TNA to be their own personel organization, and whatever they don't like, TNA is wrong for doing so. Everyone is saying too much MEM, too much MEM, well guess what? The Ratings just went up. So do you listen to the complaining fans who watch and dislike the MEM, or do you listen to the ratings?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You said you would eat your words if they "KEPT THE SAME RATING" And they did, and yet your not eating your words.

First off, I hate to be a pedant, but until somebody pulls the ratings from the Nielsen website itself and not from some wrestling website who has no clue then I'd say, yeah you're right. As it is the Nielsen website is updated weekly and they're on the week of February 16th. Which means any ratings you see right now may as well be made up numbers.

This is almost exactly what i'm talking about when people complain about TNA. Yes, they do have reasons behind it. But IMO its very weak reasoning. Everyone expects TNA to be their own personel organization, and whatever they don't like, TNA is wrong for doing so. Everyone is saying too much MEM, too much MEM, well guess what? The Ratings just went up. So do you listen to the complaining fans who watch and dislike the MEM, or do you listen to the ratings?

You listen to the ratings when you get a resounding success. Gaining .1 - .2 of a whole point is not what one would consider a resounding success. And you cannot look at this as a long term investment. Its been long enough, if TNA was legit putting out a product that wrestling fans really wanted to see their ratings would be considerably higher than the low 1's they receive right now. They can't sit there and crack open the champagne and start singing "We're Movin' On Up" because they may have scored a 1.3. It's just simply not enough and its a gross under achievement given what TNA has to work with and has had to work with for what, seven years now? Any other new television show pulling in those kinds of ratings would've been cancelled a long time ago.

Montana

I'll agree with that MS.

But if you and CMS wanna dig up the Nielson ratings, thats just silly. I dont think anyone really cares if its 1.31232 or a 1.300001 or a 1.299999. It could have been real simple if CMS was just like ok, i was wrong, but the show was not entertaining, IN MY OPINION.

I've said since i've starting watching TNA their biggest problem with storylines/Impact is consistency. Until they put on 6 + months of good programing their ratings won't go up.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
But if you and CMS wanna dig up the Nielson ratings, thats just silly. I dont think anyone really cares if its 1.31232 or a 1.300001 or a 1.299999. It could have been real simple if CMS was just like ok, i was wrong, but the show was not entertaining, IN MY OPINION.

And that is more than fair enough, but if someone is going to pull out numbers as was done earlier in the thread they better be sure that they are the correct numbers and not just made up numbers.

I've said since i've starting watching TNA their biggest problem with storylines/Impact is consistency. Until they put on 6 + months of good programing their ratings won't go up.

Exactly, and it's not just six months of one good feud either. The show needs to be good from top to bottom. The MEM angle had the opportunity to do that for TNA. Unfortunately they didn't do what they needed to do from the very start and now the apathy towards the angle is palpable. I would be very surprised if they can salvage it.

The Rated R CMStar

First up, let's start with the fact that the show got 1.29, which is actually down from 1.33.

Now, as Monk has showed, those ratings could ALL be wrong.

Then again, if you want to base something in ratings, you could do it by the quarter hour cuts. TNA got that rating as people wanted to come back and see what happened after Sting vs Angle. That is shown by the strong opening. Show started going down and it reached 1.20, only to peak again...and go down towards the end in a 1.22.

In a way Monty, I welcome you coming in here, as Blaze defending TNA is just pathetic. The excuse of "well, you didn't bash WWE when they do it so you can't with TNA" is beyond moronic, especially when he compares things who have no point of comparison whatsoever.

As you two have said, shows have to be good from top to bottom, and no, not in a way of giving out of nowhere a Fatal Four Way Ladder Match, but in creating a good storyline that could carry their show.